You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)
MooPoo posted...
Delete this topic please.

Why do you want this topic deleted?
3DS Friend Code: 2449-5500-6430 Name: JMN Pokemon X Friend Safari info: Dragon type: Gible, Shelgon, Druddigon
(message deleted)

User Info: GrimPhantasia

GrimPhantasia
11 months ago#83
I have some questions:

1. Are Switch titles like 1-2-Switch or Super Mario Odyssey available digitally, like games on 3DS?

2. What does the 32 GB memory do? Sorry, I'm not used to consoles of latest generations, so I don't know what to think, if it's a good amount of memory or not.

3. I know Virtual Console exists for old games, but I'm interested on games from latest Nintendo consoles, like Zelda Wind Waker HD (Wii U), Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)... are they available on Switch in any way?

4. Can I use the same account of Nintendo eShop from my 3DS for Switch? Will they share stuff I purchased?
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: Vidgmchtr

Vidgmchtr
11 months ago#84
GrimPhantasia posted...
1. Yes.
2. You could probably only hold a couple of retail-sized games. Most indies hover around 1GB each. I have only about 5 GB left free, and I've got Snake Pass and Yooka-Laylee, as well as smaller titles like Golf Story, Stardew Valley, Fast RMX and Sonic Mania. You will want to strongly consider buying a microSD card if you plan on going all digital.
3. No, at least not at the moment. They've ported over Mario Kart 8 and Pokkén Tournament, but so far that's it.
4. It will ask you for a Nintendo account, which is different from a Nintendo Network account, and is also different from a My Nintendo account. They will not share titles.

GrimPhantasia
11 months ago#85
Thank you!

I have a some more questions:

5. So... Switch does not have the Nintendo eShop?

6. What's the best screen protector for Switch? I'm used to Hori because of DS and 3DS and, although Hori is known for being the best one for 3DS/DS, I've known there are good quality protectors made of glass as well, and some people tell they are better.

7. Is it possible to play Switch out of the dock while charging it, in order to not lose battery (pretty much like you do if you play a 3DS with the charger connected)?

8. Is it possible to use Pro Controller on a PC?
(edited 11 months ago)

User Info: Vidgmchtr

Vidgmchtr
11 months ago#86
GrimPhantasia posted...
5. It does. It's just not connected to the Wii U or 3DS's eShop stores.

6. I couldn't tell you, as I don't use one. I feel as long as you're not haphazardly throwing the Switch in the dock and quickly pulling it out, I doubt you'll be getting scratches on your screen.

7. Yes, the included USB-C cable can be connected directly to the Switch.

8. Couldn't tell you that one either. Maybe?

GrimPhantasia
11 months ago#87
Thank you so much!

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
11 months ago#88
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

GrimPhantasia
11 months ago#89
Is there any disadvantage of buying a Japanese Switch instead of a Western Switch?

User Info: Metroid_Lover

Metroid_Lover
11 months ago#90
GrimPhantasia posted...
Is there any disadvantage of buying a Japanese Switch instead of a Western Switch?

Non that I can think of.
The Switch system itself is region free, and you can different profiles set to different regions.
Only reason to get one would be price, but with S/H/P, it might just be cheaper to get a local one.
Naked Courier (Skyrim): "I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only..."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)