Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)

User Info: Vidgmchtr

Vidgmchtr
10 months ago#71
AntonioS30 posted...
Because, when I buy something, most... well almost every time I buy it as a physical copy/thing/etc. I've never had it to begin with- my dad does have a credit card, but he is annoyed when I asked him about it. Last time I asked him, he seemed happy, now he's very angry and won't buy the subscription. He thinks it's a fraud - I convinced him that it's not a fraud, but to no avaliable....!!

This is why I had to ask it! Can I buy the subscription physically or digitally? And how do I get my parents to buy this subscription? I've told them everything, even told them it's recommended, but my parents started arguing. My mom says that it's for the better sake for me, while my dad says it's very costly (It is not, in fact you only have to pay 19.99 if you buy it annually, which means each year) and thinks that the online subscription SHOULD be disregarded as a fraud to trick Nintendo players.

I do really agree with Mom's side, I really love going online and having friends. If my dad wins the arguement, it's the game over for me......!!

Sigh...... what can I do? How to make sure my mom wins the arguement and get the subscription? I'm getting a bit depressed...

Well then, you're pretty much at the mercy of your parents. I imagine there are numerous people who're regulars in your situation in which they don't pay for their video games/services, but I imagine the majority of us here are adults with SOME sort of card payment method at their fingertips, so this problem doesn't come up on these boards as often as maybe the Microsoft boards.

This isn't something we can help with, your parents have the authority to say yes or no to these things, especially if you're still young. If you're an adult yourself, you don't have much excuse to not have the ability to do these things (as in, have some sort of your own income, and bank account with some sort of card to use for online payments). And if you are and DO have a job, the idea of asking your parents for permission to have an online subscription is rather silly. I doubt you're in that situation though.

If it's any consolation, I doubt there are going to be too many more online-heavy games coming out for the Switch in the future, since their heavy hitters, Mario Kart and Splatoon, have been out for months now. Personally I doubt I'll start using the service immediately myself, because I'll have long been tired out of playing both games by then. I mean, there's probably a Smash Bros. in the works, but...I've hated that series since Brawl.

User Info: AntonioS30

AntonioS30
10 months ago#72
I'm just a teen, so that's why I wrote the comment like this.

User Info: MooPoo

MooPoo
10 months ago#73
Delete this topic please.

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
10 months ago#74
hawk222 posted...
If the dock is always plugged into the wall, will the battery life of the Switch be negatively impacted by me leaving it in the dock when I'm not using it? I'd prefer to not have to unplug the dock just to let it rest there throughout the day.

It doesn't harm the battery by putting your Switch in the dock
"Poop"

User Info: rswsc0407

rswsc0407
9 months ago#75
Just buy an eshop card from the store then. They sell them in 20 and 50 dollar amounts and you can get them at almost any store.
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407

User Info: stop3

stop3
9 months ago#76
JoseJames23 posted...
When I buy a Nintendo Switch is there any way to know if it's a new Switch (with the Joy-con problem solved)?, any serial number or something?

The new joycons have a different serial number INSIDE on the board. But you'd have to void your warranty to check.

User Info: Ihateyou

Ihateyou
8 months ago#77
how do you know which games you can use the joycon things separatly for 2 player games? i imagine not every multiplayer game can be played with the joycons separatly right?
GT: Tbirds4lyfe

Vidgmchtr
8 months ago#78
Ihateyou posted...
how do you know which games you can use the joycon things separatly for 2 player games? i imagine not every multiplayer game can be played with the joycons separatly right?

Usually says in the eShop, or in the case of physical purchases, right on the back of the box.

User Info: Ihateyou

Ihateyou
8 months ago#79
Vidgmchtr posted...
Ihateyou posted...

Usually says in the eShop, or in the case of physical purchases, right on the back of the box.

what wording or whatever would that have? i dont get it because it seems like some games youd probably need the full controller and others you can just use the one half or whatever
GT: Tbirds4lyfe

Vidgmchtr
7 months ago#80
Ihateyou posted...
what wording or whatever would that have? i dont get it because it seems like some games youd probably need the full controller and others you can just use the one half or whatever

It doesn't have wording, it uses pictures to show you which orientation(s) you can play in.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.