You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)

User Info: ThePrisoner06

ThePrisoner06
1 year ago#41
Best to ask here - Has the Switch just had another system update?
WiiU - AndyInTheUK. PSN - NorfolkLCAndy. Switch - 5820-4434-0426.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
1 year ago#42
ThePrisoner06 posted...
Best to ask here - Has the Switch just had another system update?

You mean today? The latest version is 2.1.0, from a couple days ago.

User Info: Fulswick

Fulswick
1 year ago#43
If I attach the Joycons to the Switch and put it in the dock, but the dock isn't connected to anything, it won't charge the joy-cons, right?

Can you only use a pro controller when it is in TV mode, or can it also be used in handheld mode? And if it can be used in handheld mode, you have to detach the joy-cons and prop up the switch somewhere, right?
LEVEL-5 makes great games! Professor Layton, Yo-kai watch 1&2, Fantasy Life, Inazuma Eleven, LBX... I'm looking forward to Lady Layton and Yo-kai watch 3!

DUBTuner
1 year ago#44
Fulswick posted...
If I attach the Joycons to the Switch and put it in the dock, but the dock isn't connected to anything, it won't charge the joy-cons, right?

Can you only use a pro controller when it is in TV mode, or can it also be used in handheld mode? And if it can be used in handheld mode, you have to detach the joy-cons and prop up the switch somewhere, right?

First question: Right. The dock has to be plugged in in order for the console and the Joy-Cons to charge.

Second question: You don't have to detach the Joy-Cons to use the Pro Controller in handheld mode. Once you connect the Pro Controller, the system might register it as player 2; you can move it onto player 1 in the Controllers menu.

User Info: Shmashter

Shmashter
1 year ago#45
The e-shop shows which modes the game supports right? so for one of the modes, the picture shows 2 joycons being used on their sides. Does this mean that you can play the game with just 1 joycon per person? Or is it just referring to tabletop mode? My left joycon's being repaired at the moment so I'm looking for games that I can play with just the right one. Got my eye on skylanders and i am setsuna

DUBTuner
1 year ago#46
Shmashter posted...
The e-shop shows which modes the game supports right? so for one of the modes, the picture shows 2 joycons being used on their sides. Does this mean that you can play the game with just 1 joycon per person? Or is it just referring to tabletop mode? My left joycon's being repaired at the moment so I'm looking for games that I can play with just the right one. Got my eye on skylanders and i am setsuna

Based on Setsuna I've read some people saying it cannot be played with just one Joy-Con, I'd assume the picture just represents tabletop mode. I know for a fact that Fast RMX work with just one Joy-Con, and obviously Snipperclips.
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: EmptyTome

EmptyTome
1 year ago#47
I have noticed something that it may help others preserve battery life.

I always charge my Switch at full (100%) with both joy-con attached. Then I turn it off, store it in a official pouch/bag and get out of home. When I do this, and after 2-3 hours of being charged, the Switch battery lowers to 93-94% (again, being powered off, not sleep mode).

I did the test again with the same setting but this time I detached both joy-con and then store it in the pouch. After 3 hours, Switch battery was at 100%.

So even when the console is off, it stills charges/passes energy to the joy-con somehow.

Keep this in mind if you plan to travel a lot or if you charge it for later use. Hope it helps.
"...it already existed the day apple release there smart phone, that created the mobile gaming market" - LeoKoo

DUBTuner
1 year ago#48
EmptyTome posted...
I have noticed something that it may help others preserve battery life.

I always charge my Switch at full (100%) with both joy-con attached. Then I turn it off, store it in a official pouch/bag and get out of home. When I do this, and after 2-3 hours of being charged, the Switch battery lowers to 93-94% (again, being powered off, not sleep mode).

I did the test again with the same setting but this time I detached both joy-con and then store it in the pouch. After 3 hours, Switch battery was at 100%.

So even when the console is off, it stills charges/passes energy to the joy-con somehow.

Keep this in mind if you plan to travel a lot or if you charge it for later use. Hope it helps.

Interesting find, thanks for sharing with us!

User Info: cees09

cees09
1 year ago#49
Can you copy data from one sd card to another, for using both in the same Switch? I tried to copy data from my 16 gb sd card to the new 200gb sd card I purchased (using copy paste on my PC) and didn't seem to work. Seems weird cause the same process for the 3ds, used to work.
NNiD: cees09 || Steam: cees09
"Time will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on it"

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 year ago#50
Excellent.
http://i.imgur.com/o6RJWv5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/coHTQPb.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)