You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)
Does the Switch support headphones over USB-C?
The Switch supports headphones, but only in tabletop and handheld mode
Can you bypass the dock by using a third party USB-C to HDMI cable for TV output?
Not yet, but Reggie Fils-Aimé has said he has "no doubt" there will be some in the future
3DS FC: 3625-9522-4724
IGN: Jack | Proud member of C.E.A.L. and Admin of Solgaleo's Pokepuff | My Event List: http://tinyurl.com/hxro7kc | TSV: 2360

User Info: Snorzzz

Snorzzz
1 year ago#22
I just checked. The Switch costs more than double the price in India. I'm rather buying a oneplus 3t next week

User Info: Snorzzz

Snorzzz
1 year ago#23
Someone fire their marketing division. India used to be budget friendly only. Now people are willing to pay big bucks but double is ridiculous
(edited 1 year ago)
Snorzzz posted...
Someone fire their marketing division. India used to be budget friendly only. Now people are willing to pay big bucks but double is ridiculous

Maybe convert some Rupees into USD and order one once the new shipment comes out?
3DS FC: 3625-9522-4724
IGN: Jack | Proud member of C.E.A.L. and Admin of Solgaleo's Pokepuff | My Event List: http://tinyurl.com/hxro7kc | TSV: 2360

User Info: Sethera

Sethera
1 year ago#25
Snorzzz posted...
I just checked. The Switch costs more than double the price in India. I'm rather buying a oneplus 3t next week

Import from Japan. It costs almost double where I live at independent retailers (not officially released yet).
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend.

User Info: Fulswick

Fulswick
1 year ago#26
Wait, so the Switch AND the Joycons need to be charged?
How do you know when the Joycons need charging?
How do you know when the Switch needs charging?
You mentioned that to charge the Joycons, you can also attach them and play in handheld mode. If I always play in handheld mode and always have the Joycons attached, I'll never need to charge the Joycons, right? What do you mean by it only charges them "Within a certain threshold"?
What are all the differences between the Joycons and the pro controller?
The pro controller is a replacement for the Joycons, right?
What things can't you do if you don't have a smartphone? Do I really have to go out and buy a smartphone to fully enjoy the Switch?
LEVEL-5 makes great games! Professor Layton, Yo-kai watch 1&2, Fantasy Life, Inazuma Eleven... I'm really looking forward to Lady Layton and Yo-kai watch 3!

Sethera
1 year ago#27
@Fulswick posted...
Wait, so the Switch AND the Joycons need to be charged?

Yup.

Fulswick posted...
How do you know when the Joycons need charging?

Controller options shows you the charge on the JoyCons.

Fulswick posted...
How do you know when the Switch needs charging?

Battery indicator, top right.

Fulswick posted...
If I always play in handheld mode and always have the Joycons attached, I'll never need to charge the Joycons, right

Right.

Fulswick posted...
What do you mean by it only charges them "Within a certain threshold"?

If your JoyCons' batteries are very very low, it charges them a bit.

Fulswick posted...
What are all the differences between the Joycons and the pro controller?

D-Pad on the pro, no IR on the pro, JoyCons = 1 OR 2 controllers.

Fulswick posted...
The pro controller is a replacement for the Joycons, right?

Almost. Like I said, no IR camera and games like 1 - 2 Switch can't be played with a pro.

About the smartphone, we have no info, sorry.
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

User Info: Fulswick

Fulswick
1 year ago#28
Thanks Sethera.
LEVEL-5 makes great games! Professor Layton, Yo-kai watch 1&2, Fantasy Life, Inazuma Eleven... I'm really looking forward to Lady Layton and Yo-kai watch 3!

Sethera
1 year ago#29
You're very welcome!

User Info: Vidgmchtr

Vidgmchtr
1 year ago#30
CreativeName487 posted...
The Switch supports headphones, but only in tabletop and handheld mode

This is incorrect. The headphone jack functions in TV mode. However, you'll probably want an extension cord, OR, if you've got bluetooth headphones, a wireless transmitter.

I know this because I connect my own wireless transmitter to the headphone jack every time I power up the Switch.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)