You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)

User Info: zigxzag

zigxzag
5 months ago#131
How to apply for the 7 days free trial of Nintendo Online?. They ask me to enter payment method for cc or paypal. How can I bypass this, I only want free trial.
In Diablo 3 RoS, Rift Guardians find you
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
5 months ago#132
zigxzag posted...
How to apply for the 7 days free trial of Nintendo Online?. They ask me to enter payment method for cc or paypal. How can I bypass this, I only want free trial.

You get the free trial by entering your details?!?! There obviously has to be some sort of verification or else people would just create a billion accounts to use the trial. Beware though, you have to cancel within the time limit of the trial or you get charged.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
4 months ago#133
I'm leaning towards buying a Switch for my son. Even though I should buy it for myself first, whatever. There are a few things I'd like to get clarification on though.

I know on the 3DS it can be a hassle to have multiple SD cards. I've read a few places that you can basically swap SD cards in the Switch as easily as you do a game card. For example if I buy a 128GB card for it and in the future we need more space can I just buy another card and swap between them and not have any weird system data issues?

Is the dock scratching up the screens still happening even on recent models? I'd rather not have to go through a bunch of screen protectors or worse.

How is the online overall? I've got a 5 ghz ac router and decent internet. I know it sucks on my N3DS so I hope the current gen is improved.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: DrakoniX

DrakoniX
3 months ago#134
Hi I just had a couple of questions about selling my switch that I was hoping could be answered,

So I plan on selling my switch and getting the upgraded pokemon lets go bundle with that switch, so since I am basically getting another switch, I was wondering how or if I can transfer the data (the games on my current switch) to the new switch and then wipe all of the data off of the old switch so that it is ready to sell.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 months ago#135
Poast
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Metroid_Lover

Metroid_Lover
3 months ago#136
iMURDAu posted...
I know on the 3DS it can be a hassle to have multiple SD cards. I've read a few places that you can basically swap SD cards in the Switch as easily as you do a game card. For example if I buy a 128GB card for it and in the future we need more space can I just buy another card and swap between them and not have any weird system data issues?
You can copy/paste the root/entire-card-data on a micro-SD card, to a bigger micro-SD card without any trouble, anytime.
Or smaller, if your total space you are currently using is within the range of the card your transferring data to.
Just be aware, you CAN’T merge 2 micro SD card datas(sp?) into one, last I checked.

iMURDAu posted...
Is the dock scratching up the screens still happening even on recent models? I'd rather not have to go through a bunch of screen protectors or worse.
I can’t help with recent models because I got a launch switch, but I got a screen protector for it and I’ve never had any real issues with it. What I got came with 2 screen protectors, but I'm still using the first one I put on at launch.
Although, I rarely take it out of the dock, I love it.
https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01N3ASPNV/

DrakoniX posted...
So I plan on selling my switch and getting the upgraded pokemon lets go bundle with that switch, so since I am basically getting another switch, I was wondering how or if I can transfer the data (the games on my current switch) to the new switch and then wipe all of the data off of the old switch so that it is ready to sell.
You should be able to, but you need both switches in front of you, this might help.
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27394/~/how-to-transfer-user-and-save-data

I hope I helped some, good luck!
Naked Courier (Skyrim): "I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only..."

User Info: happibivouac

happibivouac
3 months ago#137
Vidgmchtr posted...
McMuffineer posted...
1. Is the thing really worth it and who is it aimed towards?
2. Should I buy this over a 2DS or 3DS?
3. If anyone knows, what are the methods of paying for Switch Online?
4. How long does this thing last unprotected?
5. Is this decent for children?
6. What are it´s best games as of now?
7. How many games are there?
8. What is the thing like compared to a PS4, XBOX or computer?
9. Are games like Mario Odyssey and Breath of the wild as good as they sound?
10. How durable is it?

1. Yes and it's aimed towards everyone, especially people who don't normally have time to play large-scale console games while sitting at a TV.
2. The 2DS/3DS is cheaper and has a larger library but will certainly lose support within another year or so, whereas the Switch is new and will be supported by Nintendo for the time being.
3. Through the eShop, but if you don't have a card of your own, you can probably pay for it with eShop gift cards.
4. Mine's unprotected, and has been taken into handheld mode a fair bit as of late, and there are no scratches or scuffs at all on the thing. I have a standard carrying case for it and that's it.
5. Probably, as long as they can handle it with care. If they're always dropping things I'd think twice.
6. Probably still its mainstays, Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, extend that to Splatoon 2 and the Fortnite port.
7. A lot. Too many to count now.
8. In terms of raw power, it's not as powerful. You buy it because it's portable and has Nintendo exclusives, as well as ports of games you'd love to play on other consoles but can't for one reason or another.
9. Depends on your like for each respective series. If you don't enjoy Mario games, why would you enjoy Odyssey? If you don't enjoy Zelda, why would you enjoy Breath of the Wild?
10. As said before, as long as you're not carelessly throwing it around you should be fine.

I disagree with your Mario and Zelda sentiment. I'm not a Zelda fan, but got Breath of the Wild for it's "open" nature and really enjoy it.
1,2,3,4,5,6 DO IT!

User Info: soran66

soran66
2 months ago#138
Question, regarding the pokeball and switch, is it safe to use other USB cables to charge them? and if I use the nintendo cables, is it okay to use other sources other than a direct power socket or switch dock, like PC?
PSN: devil_prince11
FC: 0834-1758-8299

User Info: Gorziller

Gorziller
1 month ago#139
Why doesn't Nintendo add all of the games from nes classic to the switch online nes? If they will eventually, why has it taken them so long to add classics such as: Megaman 2, StarTropics, final fantasy, mother, Castlevania, punch out, bubble bobble, contra, Galaga etc.

User Info: DarkSkyZari

DarkSkyZari
1 month ago#140
Can I just connect my Nintendo Switch directly to a laptop that's HDMI supported?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)