You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)

User Info: Vidgmchtr

Vidgmchtr
1 year ago#101
jackfrost2016 posted...
I got a game with a sticker on the cover that reads: Internet download required. microSD card may be aquired.
Where do I go to get the download for this game? Do I have to go to the eShop?

Where else would you go?

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
1 year ago#102
I just realized my Switch is launch model (HAC-001). What exactly are the problems associated with it? Apparently some games crash more often and the Joycons won't connect? I've tried finding information online, but googling doesn't help one bit.

And is there any way for me to fix those problems myself, or do I just have to waste money to buy a new Switch?
...I'm a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.

Vidgmchtr
1 year ago#103
DeltaSilver88 posted...
I just realized my Switch is launch model (HAC-001). What exactly are the problems associated with it? Apparently some games crash more often and the Joycons won't connect? I've tried finding information online, but googling doesn't help one bit.
And is there any way for me to fix those problems myself, or do I just have to waste money to buy a new Switch?

You might have a not-so-responsive left Joy-Con, but Nintendo will fix that for you, gratis, if you call them.

User Info: DeltaSilver88

DeltaSilver88
1 year ago#104
Is the Joycon itself the faulty one, or the connectors on the Switch? I have separate Joycons I bought after getting the console and wonder if they'll work properly.
...I'm a Super Robot Wars fangirl without playing the games. Bite me.
(edited 1 year ago)

Vidgmchtr
1 year ago#105
I got a pair for Christmas, and the left Joy-Con definitely works compared to the irresponsiveness of the launch one I got.

User Info: piyushmevada

piyushmevada
1 year ago#106
nintendo switch is still not available in India? more update
https://www.technoblink.com/games/nintendo-switch/ use full for nintendo switch .

User Info: Aoichi

Aoichi
1 year ago#107
I'm considering selling my Wii U and getting a Switch.

Two important factors would be the Virtual Console (I know that it's not there yet, but there's hope for the future, right?) and hard drive store capacity.

What is stored on the internal hard drive and what on the micro SD card?
Why wouldn't you tell me something like that? Because, don't you see, that changes everything. - Dr. Cox to JD (also to many Captain Obvious)
PSN ID: Amos1781

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
1 year ago#108
Aoichi posted...
Two important factors would be the Virtual Console (I know that it's not there yet, but there's hope for the future, right?)

Most likely. It would make no sense not to have it. My guess is that it will come with their new online infrastructure and be more integrated than with the Wii(U)/3DS where the VCs were just their own thing without any cross-play and nothing.

Aoichi posted...
and hard drive store capacity.

It doesn't have a hard drive. Instead, it got 32 GB of flash. There's no installations of physical games or anything like that, though. So unless you go digital, it's enough. And with digital... well, better get a big SD card.

Aoichi posted...
What is stored on the internal hard drive and what on the micro SD card?

Game saves are stored on the internal flash, as well as other data from the various applications. Not sure about photos/videos. Digital games can be stored on either the internal memory or the SD card. The internal memory is slightly faster than the SD card so that can affect load times.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: FairyDragon29

FairyDragon29
1 year ago#109
OK so I've looked at many vids on installation.

Each one pretty much said just plug it in & get it all set up via the Switch's menu on your TV.

In that case, what is the HDMI cable for? Don't I need to hook the Switch up to my TV somehow? (please keep in mind my last owned console was an XBOX, on which I played a ton of Halo 2)

Help!
N3DS FC: 3840 - 8434 - 3567
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 arrives tomorrow. I'm pumped!

User Info: Metroid_Lover

Metroid_Lover
1 year ago#110
FairyDragon29 posted...
OK so I've looked at many vids on installation.

Each one pretty much said just plug it in & get it all set up via the Switch's menu on your TV.

In that case, what is the HDMI cable for? Don't I need to hook the Switch up to my TV somehow? (please keep in mind my last owned console was an XBOX, on which I played a ton of Halo 2)

Help!
Basically that is it, that is TV mode.
You connect the power and HDMI cable(+internet cable if have one, and want to go wired internet) to the 'stand', other end of HDMI cable to the TV, place the switch in the stand, and you use the tv as your viewing screen with either the joy cons in your hands, or use the optional pro controller instead.
There is also the 'tabletop mode' , but I rarely use that mode.
More info on all modes and how to connect them here:
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/Usage/Play-Modes/Play-Modes-1198190.html

Or just use the power cable to the switch (optimal if fully charged/your style) and play in handheld mode.
Good luck!
Naked Courier (Skyrim): "I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only..."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)