You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
1 year ago#11
My Joy-Con doesn't seem to sync with the console, or it keeps losing the signal. What should I do?
Make sure there aren't any jamming devices between the controller and the console. Make sure the Joy-Con is fully charged. Turn both the controller and the system off and start again. If the problem persists, I'd recommend you to get in contact with Nintendo in the case your controller is malfunctioning. They should be able to replace it for you. www.nintendo.com/consumer/

My dock seems to scratch the console screen. Is this normal?
No, this is not normal at all. There's no apparent fix for what might be a production issue. You should contact Nintendo and explain your problem to them. www.nintendo.com/consumer/

The_Sacred_Buns posted...
Why is this supposed wifi issue there but not the joycon issue or dock scratching?! And lol the streaming service "faq" xD this'll get dated fast.

Thanks, please let me know if there are other fixes that I didn't list here. Also, you and anyone else should feel free to ask other questions too.

As for the streaming part, yeah it's a shame but we'll have to keep updating the topic. As soon as we have more info I'll ask for this topic to be deleted and post an updated version.

DUBTuner
1 year ago#12
Bella_Swan posted...
Isn't battery life a minimum of 2.5 hours?

I quoted what can be found on the official Nintendo UK website. In any case, this should be an estimate on how long it's going to last based on usage and software. I'll keep this in check for the updated topic later on.

User Info: Gamersoft

Gamersoft
1 year ago#13
You might want to edit the CPU/GPU processor to Tegra X1

DUBTuner
1 year ago#14
Gamersoft posted...
You might want to edit the CPU/GPU processor to Tegra X1

So, has it been 100% confirmed now? Changing it in the updated version.

User Info: Snorzzz

Snorzzz
1 year ago#15
Nintendo doesn't have an official presence in my country. How bad could it be?
Pokémon soul silver costs 300$ at minimum, with the poke walker. No NDS included.
And plain games retail around 65$ now, for the NDS.
To make it worse in India the currency isn't doing very well and the economy is quite bad, consoles are considered luxury. Get a good job and work for 2 months or more(practically I'd settle other things first) before you can think of getting a PS4 or XBox One(which would be way cheaper than the switch, since they both have a good presence here).
That's it, f*** console gaming (how it really feels in the end)
"My Switch has dead pixels throughout the display, should I get a refund?
No, dead pixels are considered a screen feature by Nintendo, and should just be accepted as part of the experience. Frankly, it's your fault for not being lucky enough to get a perfect screen."

Or something like that TC.
Game Devs on Wii U: hahaha no...
Iwata on Wii U: It may not be peoples first console of choice, but they recognize it as perhaps the best second console

User Info: JasonGF

JasonGF
1 year ago#17
Here's a couple questions:

#1 Are the Joy-Con straps required to play any games?

#2 Is the Joy-Con grip required to play any games?
Are the Joy-Con straps required to play any games?
No. They make the ZL and ZR buttons more obvious, but are not required.

Is the Joy-Con grip required to play any games?
No. The Joy-Con can be used as one controller without the grip
3DS FC: 3625-9522-4724
IGN: Jack | Proud member of C.E.A.L. and Admin of Solgaleo's Pokepuff | My Event List: http://tinyurl.com/hxro7kc | TSV: 2360

DUBTuner
1 year ago#19
Good to see you guys asking and answering more questions, I'll make sure to credit everyone once I post the topic again.

User Info: JasonGF

JasonGF
1 year ago#20
#1 Does the Switch support headphones over USB-C?

#2 Can you bypass the dock by using a third party USB-C to HDMI cable for TV output? (I know the answer is No to this one but I see it asked occasionally)
(edited 1 year ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo Switch FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions and general info)