• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Switch freezing / crashing.

User Info: king_eric

king_eric
2 years ago#1
Had the switch freeze / crash twice in two days upon booting up and before a game has a chance to load.
First time i just clicked to load up Zelda and was faced with a black lit up screen that went nowhere.
The second time i clicked on a video when the news feed upon booting showed new story but again black lit up screen that went nowhere.

Had to hold the power button for around a minute for the machine to turn off so i could get access to the machine again.
Bit nervy considering nothing seemed to be getting the machine to turn off seems as most consoles and machines only take around 10 seconds of holding down the power button or yanking out the plug to reset/safe mode.

User Info: Gamegeeknee

Gamegeeknee
2 years ago#2
12 seconds 60 seconds what's the difference right? I bet TC chronically exaggerates numbers, over or under, to fit his own narrative in every day LIEf

User Info: ___shan

___shan
2 years ago#3
I've had it crash once. It did seem like a long time to hold but hardly a minute.

king_eric
2 years ago#4
It def took around the minute mark....why would i exaggerate?
But i guess people like Gamegeeknee just like being prats for the sake of it...but i keep forgetting this is gamefaqs...............full of self entitled morons.

User Info: NeoMonk

NeoMonk
2 years ago#5
Gonna get alot of help with that attitude...
"Uhh....no team has ever come back from a 21 point deficit in a Super Bowl. Not even the Pats." 2/5/17 -Bleck5

User Info: Chargrilled

Chargrilled
2 years ago#6
NeoMonk posted...

Cant blame tc. The other guy was being a dick
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!

king_eric
2 years ago#7
NeoMonk posted...

I don't need help from a game board.....if any help was required i would go to Nintendo helpline.
I was just putting it out there in case others come looking for similar issues, which there was but the topic had been locked so couldn't post in it.
At least that person would know it's happened to others and it's nothing to worry about for now. :)

User Info: DoomsSD

DoomsSD
2 years ago#8
I've had ONE case of my Switch freezing on me so far and it take take a freakishly (and unnerving) amount of time holding the power button down for it to switch off. ?

Normally if something freezes on me, it'd be about ten seconds on the power button but the Switch was about 30+ seconds. It's the only instance I've had so far. By comparison, my launch Wii U used to freeze on Netflix all the f***ing time and it took them months to fix it.
My Miiverse doodles :)
http://tinyurl.com/pp79dsu http://tinyurl.com/zu9l2gn

User Info: Chargrilled

Chargrilled
2 years ago#9
Well mine hasnt frozen yet, but it has looked like its going to when killing moblins in botw

Ive put 86 hours approx into botw, at about 6hrs or so per day.

I would think i would have seen ir by now if its an overheating issue.
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!

king_eric
2 years ago#10
Chargrilled posted...
Well mine hasnt frozen yet, but it has looked like its going to when killing moblins in botw

Ive put 86 hours approx into botw, at about 6hrs or so per day.

I would think i would have seen ir by now if its an overheating issue.

Mine was only just turned on after a night of inactivity and she froze instantly once you press any button to do something,
So it's def not a overheating issue as i've put in 12hr stints on BOTW several times.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Switch freezing / crashing.
  • Topic Archived