• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is the Switch a fragile system?

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
3 years ago#1
I haven't gotten a unit yet, but i see videos online that show units with cracked or scratched screens, joycons getting stuck or easily nicked, etc...

But from real owners, i want to know, how careful do i have to be? I am not the most careful person, my phone, tablets and controls have seen their fair share of cement.

User Info: iceshade

iceshade
3 years ago#2
Nope. What you see are idiots who don't take care of their stuff. My buddy got the wrist strap attachment stuck on the joycon on the first day, had to brake it off and broke his joycon.. he told me it's junk. I said did you match the symbols? He's like what symbols.. you have to match - with - and + with +

He's like oops..

So you see, careless people end up with broken electronics.

Same with the screen scratches, takes a lot and I mean alot to scratch these screens. The people who scratched there screens are extremely rough.
As a Nintendo fan who owns all current generation consoles, I have one thing to say to switch forum trolls.. STAHP

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 years ago#3
Someone did a drop test 11 times before the system had an issue.
Troll or hater getting you down? Don't worry. Just know that they force themselves to do what they do because of either jealous or envy of what you like.

User Info: Magus_Seraph

Magus_Seraph
3 years ago#4
Just about anything is fragile if you abuse it. If you take proper care of it like anything you probably won't have an issue barring a manufacturer defect... which likely won't be an issue either.

User Info: amilli0nlights

amilli0nlights
3 years ago#5
Nope, it's quite durable.

https://youtu.be/kqMgv9hHmrY

https://youtu.be/HSRB2XXp6h0
Xbox One: AMilli0NliGHTS | PS4/VIta: AMilli0NliGHTS_ | Wii U: AMilli0NliGHTS | 3DS: 3926-7362-7193 | Steam: AMilli0nliGHTS

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
3 years ago#6
The system itself is durable, but there are some design flaws and some (well, I don't know the percentage, what do you expect me to say?) defective units. This + lack of features and games kinda show that the console should've been some more months in the oven.
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://m.youtube.com/#/user/bigbangpegasusmaster.I play games

User Info: SkyCrackers

SkyCrackers
3 years ago#7
The system itself is durable and can survive drops. The screen isn't the most scratch resistant, so getting a screen protector (preferably tempered glass) is wise.

The finish on the joycons, system, and grip is very easily scratched. Either get a shell for it, or give up on any notion of keeping it pristine. Although we're talking superficial marks that can only be seen when the light bounces off the surface a certain way.

The joycons don't get stuck on the system, but some people have gotten the joycon wrist strap attachments stuck on the joycons. They only get stuck if you put them on the wrong way. Matching the symbols is one way to make sure you're putting them on right, but you can also remember that you put the strap from the TOP (by the shoulder buttons on the joycon) and slide it DOWN. The first side of the strap attachment to make contact with the joycon should be the side where the actual wrist strap (the string loop) is attached.
"Theyre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken." -Tomonobu Itagaki

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
3 years ago#8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBVyF0I2Ruo
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: thebestestbest

thebestestbest
3 years ago#9
No it doesn't survive drops reliably and the screen isn't scratch resistant. It's own dock can wreck the screen.

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
3 years ago#10
had mine since launch. still pristine

but im a careful person

some ppl are careful....some ppl got butterfingers...u never know.

if ur the type of person that walks around w/ a beat up looking phone....u might be in trouble
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is the Switch a fragile system?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A