• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. When adding a JN account, anyway to stop getting news in Japanese?

User Info: BigKurz

BigKurz
2 years ago#11
The big problem with that "solution", of course, being that it you unlink the Japanese account you can't play anything you bought or downloaded (demos) from that account. Which I assume you did if you bothered making the account.
PS4/Wii U/XB1/Vita/n3DS. PSN/NNID/XBL: bigkurz

User Info: Alienshroom

Alienshroom
2 years ago#12
I enjoy having the JP news

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
2 years ago#13
I thought Nintendo would have considered this a problem.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

BigKurz
2 years ago#14
@PS4Warrior this is hardly a "problem".

They have news pop up for whatever region accounts you have on the system. Let's not act like this is some crazy oversight. It'll be nice if you can limit them eventually, but it's really not a big deal. How often are people looking at that news tab?

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
2 years ago#15
BigKurz posted...
this is hardly a "problem".

They have news pop up for whatever region accounts you have on the system. Let's not act like this is some crazy oversight. It'll be nice if you can limit them eventually, but it's really not a big deal. How often are people looking at that news tab?

It's not some "crazy oversight" but it is still an oversight. Though it does seem simple enough for them to fix.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

User Info: Dahvoo

Dahvoo
2 years ago#16
I figured out how to get rid of the Japanese news text after deleting the JPN account from your system. You can re-initialize the system without deleting any save data from the console or microSD card.

1. Power down the console (hold power for three seconds to get the power off option).

2. Press and hold volume up, volume down, and power at the same time until you get the Switch logo. That will open up the maintenance menu.

3. Select to re-initialize console without deleting save data.

4. Select your region, time, etc and log in with your Nintendo account. You will need to re-download any game updates, DLC or digital games. When starting a game, select the original user and the save data will appear untouched.

Kept my Zelda (physical) and Shovel Knight (digital) saves intact and news was back to normal. Even kept the Miis I had created.
Disclaimer: Any opinion I make is my own and should not necessarily be regarded as fact.
GT/PSN/Nintendo Network ID: Dahvoo ; 3DS FC: 0946-2251-0734

BigKurz
2 years ago#17
But if you delete the JPN account you can't access anything you downloaded on that account.

So unless you made the account just for the novelty of perusing the jpn eshop and didn't buy anything, this isn't really a solution.

User Info: Dahvoo

Dahvoo
2 years ago#18
That's why I said after deleting the JPN account.

I added a JPN account just to see how easy it was in case there is ever an exclusive game I want in the future. I don't want anything on the JPN store at the moment, so no need to have Japanese news on my system. This is a fix for that.
Disclaimer: Any opinion I make is my own and should not necessarily be regarded as fact.
GT/PSN/Nintendo Network ID: Dahvoo ; 3DS FC: 0946-2251-0734
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. When adding a JN account, anyway to stop getting news in Japanese?
  • Topic Archived