• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. D pad issue on pro controller?

User Info: nintendomaniaco

nintendomaniaco
1 year ago#1
Anyone else having issues with the pro controller D pad? I press left/right and it thinks it's up. Brings up the runes instead of weapons/shields in Zelda.

Even beyond that, I like the joycon grip better than the pro controller. I'm thinking of keeping it just to lessen the wear and tear on the joycon, but it may make more sense to just return it and buy another set of joycon when they do wear out. what would you do?
3ds fc: 0774 - 4632 - 5474 IGN: Ashley Friend Safari is Ghost: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Drifblim.
Trade list: http://tinyurl.com/nhpjroj

User Info: blaze120683

blaze120683
1 year ago#2
Try calibrating your controller in the settings menu. Also if you like the joycons better might as well return the pro that way you can have 2 controllers instead of 1
Do or do not there is no try

User Info: Scottiesweat

Scottiesweat
1 year ago#3
I think i'm having this issue; also an issue with the left analog stick in bomberman that's very noticeable in the menu screen. Will confirm tonight

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
1 year ago#4
I have this issue, but I think its just me pressing the wrong button lol.

One of the only time that the button dpad is better then the cross shape dpad.
3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // 2DS FC: 0276-2240-8971 (Alt)
Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

User Info: stop3

stop3
1 year ago#5
nintendomaniaco posted...
Anyone else having issues with the pro controller D pad? I press left/right and it thinks it's up. Brings up the runes instead of weapons/shields in Zelda.

Even beyond that, I like the joycon grip better than the pro controller. I'm thinking of keeping it just to lessen the wear and tear on the joycon, but it may make more sense to just return it and buy another set of joycon when they do wear out. what would you do?

Yeah, when I press right on the dpad it sometimes thinks I,m pushing up.

But I like to use it because then I don't have to constantly attach and detach the joycons. It's also easier to charge.

User Info: iphys

iphys
1 year ago#6
Yes! When I try to tap sideways in Tetris, it sometimes hard drops 1 or 2 pieces like it's triggering up instead. It's actually really disappointing because I specifically bought it to have a D-pad for Tetris and it's just not precise enough to be trustworthy.

iphys
1 year ago#7
Just tested tapping around on the home menu, and yeah, there's a crazy high chance my right and left taps get registered as up taps instead. Sometimes also as down, but usually up.
(message deleted)

User Info: VivaLaRazaLH

VivaLaRazaLH
1 year ago#9
I actually experienced this last night playing Zelda... But thought I was crazy. It definitely registered as up twice, whereas I was hitting right.
NNID: ElvisTheGreat 3DSFC: 0946-2752-2990
PSN: ElPapiElvis GT: ElvisTheGreat

iphys
1 year ago#10
I'm going to try exchanging mine, as I doubt this could be a problem with all of them without more people complaining about it.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. D pad issue on pro controller?
  • Topic Archived