• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Anybody else's Switch randomly changing your tvs input when in sleep mode?

User Info: KnowForceKen

KnowForceKen
4 years ago#1
My tv (Samsung KS8000) automatically changes inputs when it senses that a device has powered on. When I'm watching tv, it has randomly been switching to hdmi 3, which is what the Switch is plugged into. It doesn't do this with any other system, and it didn't do it when my Wii U was plugged into that input. I would just turn off the auto change feature, but I can't seem to find it in the tv's settings.

Also, how do you completely power off the Switch?

User Info: Kindred

Kindred
4 years ago#2
it's one of the many known issues currently

User Info: Bigwagon

Bigwagon
4 years ago#3
Yeah, it's pretty annoying

User Info: KnowForceKen

KnowForceKen
4 years ago#4
Kindred posted...
it's one of the many known issues currently

Ok, sorry if this was already posted. That makes me feel a little better though. If it's widespread, it should get fixed.

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
4 years ago#5
There is a setting on the switch to avoid this. On the TV Settings find "Match TV Power State" and set it to off.
MB Asus Prime Z590-p, i7-11700k, RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Ram, 1TB NVMe M.2 X2, 4TB WD Black Drive

User Info: Dragondc74

Dragondc74
4 years ago#6
I am also having this issue on my Samsung and the TV match power state has nothing to do with it. Mine has been set to off as well as all auto sleep settings. I think it has something to do with background data, possibly when it pings the server to check for update info it is not waking the console but the HDMI cable is getting a signal.

It is definately switch related because none of my other consoles/PC/etc cause this problem.

Hopefully they fix it soon because it is interrupting my ability to watch TV. Not being able to turn the switch off completely is very strange IMO. I guess I could remove it from the cradle but then it's not charging.

User Info: think_ecko

think_ecko
4 years ago#7
Same issue here! I also have a Samsung! :-(
PSN: MedicineManRx82

User Info: kornfed82

kornfed82
4 years ago#8
Same exact problem for me too.
So I just unplugged the HDMI and it solves it. Seems like this could be problematic in the long run.

User Info: abrack429

abrack429
4 years ago#9
I have the same issue, same TV. Really annoying you can't turn this "feature" off on the TV, I can change inputs manually.

You can power off the Switch, rather than put it in sleep mode, and that works. But you can't power off through the controller or the UI, you have to hold the power button on top of the console. No other way, that I could find at least.
#include <stdio.h>
main() { printf("How 'bout them Cowboys?"); }

User Info: Kovatch

Kovatch
4 years ago#10
Playsaver posted...
There is a setting on the switch to avoid this. On the TV Settings find "Match TV Power State" and set it to off.
PONG <3 ATARI Bally CAPCOM Chunsoft ENIX Gottlieb KONAMI LEVEL-5 MIDWAY namco Nintendo SEGA TAiTO Williams <DRAGON WARRIORS FOREVER> Love conquers all.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Anybody else's Switch randomly changing your tvs input when in sleep mode?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A