The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Weak Wifi Signal Issues

User Info: welcomeinjam

welcomeinjam
2 years ago#1
Just got home and set up my Switch but the wifi signal is incredibly low to the extent the Switch is struggling to even play a video in the news section without buffering several times. The signal strength on both my laptop and iPhone in the same room are showing full yet on the switch I've one bar and it drops out completely every now and then. Is this a fault with my particular Switch or is everyone having the same issues? At the moment it's not a major problem for me but I dread the thought of having to download a game with a large file size in the future.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
2 years ago#2
I don't know
FC:1375-8350-6103; ACNL Name: Pikachu; ACNL Town Name: Pokepark.
Mii Name: Luigi

User Info: scorpio man

scorpio man
2 years ago#3
Sounds like a rushed system to me, just like the joycon and frame rate issues.....
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.

User Info: Ken_Low

Ken_Low
2 years ago#4
Same issue here.....right next to my modem/router and the signal isn't full
Gamertag ~ Super Saiyan 4K, PSN ID ~ Super_Saiyan_4K
Join our wrestling Group on Facebook "Wrestling is Life"

User Info: KiltyMcBagpipes

KiltyMcBagpipes
2 years ago#5
scorpio man posted...
Sounds like a rushed system to me, just like the joycon and frame rate issues.....

This is kind of what I'm thinking.

I think it's basically beta hardware and all these purchasers are doing the testing.
Currently Playing: Stardew Valley(XB1), CoD: IW (XB1), Forza Horizon 3

welcomeinjam
2 years ago#6
Ken_Low posted...
Same issue here.....right next to my modem/router and the signal isn't full

It's pretty frustrating. Wonder if this is something that could possibly be remedied with a software update or if the problem lies within the hardware itself?

User Info: __Ryoki__

__Ryoki__
2 years ago#7
welcomeinjam posted...
Just got home and set up my Switch but the wifi signal is incredibly low to the extent the Switch is struggling to even play a video in the news section without buffering several times. The signal strength on both my laptop and iPhone in the same room are showing full yet on the switch I've one bar and it drops out completely every now and then. Is this a fault with my particular Switch or is everyone having the same issues? At the moment it's not a major problem for me but I dread the thought of having to download a game with a large file size in the future.

Absolutely the exact same problem here. There are users on GameFAQs and Reddit that both have this issue. My Wii U connects just fine 40 feet away from my router, but my Switch has to be like 10 feet maximum to get any sort of signal capable of downloading.

I called Nintendo and they didn't seem to understand the issue. They claimed, at least the guy I talked to, that the signal should be better on the Switch. So what gives? I'm drawing a blank here. As soon as I move 15 feet or more from my router the bars drop to 1 and the download/upload speeds become wildly inconsistent.

I'm starting to wonder if the switch just hates comcast routers or something.

The thing is, if i'm within that 10 foot range, the speeds are EXCELLENT. It is not a gradual difference for me. It's either blazing fast or infuriatingly slow, depending on the distance.

BoldItalicSpoilerCiteQuoteCode
Fauch posted...
Are you using 5 GHz Wifi? Are other devices similar far away from the WiFi access point fine?

I don't know about TC, but I am not. My Wii U and 3DS connect just fine at this range.
"With the right amount of power, anything can be yours!" : Inspirational words from Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
2 years ago#8
Are you using 5 GHz Wifi? Are other devices similar far away from the WiFi access point fine?
Komm suesser Tod

User Info: bkilla

bkilla
2 years ago#9
5G band always has range issues. Try the 2.4 band if you're going to compare it to wiiu
By evolving consciousness, nature has become conscious of itself.

welcomeinjam
2 years ago#10
Fauch posted...

Yeah all other devices that are literally right beside the switch are fine including my smart tv, laptop and PS4. They're all getting full signal from the same router while the switch is only getting one bar.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Weak Wifi Signal Issues
  • Topic Archived