• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. How do I remove a stuck joycon wrist strap?

User Info: Dinopolis

Dinopolis
4 years ago#1
Like a doofus, I accidentally put the joycon strap on the wrong way, first try. I've tried pulling on it while holding the release button, and I've also checked to make sure the lock is off. However, it won't budge. I've read online that this is a problem, but I haven't seen any solutions.

Any advice?

PS: This is a monumental oversight. You can't tell me no one at Nintendo ever had this problem. I'm going to throw this strap in my furnace if I ever get it off.

User Info: gamesonly778

gamesonly778
4 years ago#2
Please help me with this too!

User Info: shileka

shileka
4 years ago#3
if it's on the wrong way the only way is to pull it off, make sure it's not locked and gently increase strength used, pro tip, even if locked correctly they're quite hard to remove
Lillie is best waifu
3DS FC 2767-2339-4314 machoke-pancham-hariyama IGN Rebecca

User Info: Jdils

Jdils
4 years ago#4
Hey, I had the same problem with mine, switched around the +/- and I slid them all the way down to where they wouldn't budge either way. What makes this happen has nothing to do with the track that it slides on but instead the locking mechanism on the inside of the joycon wrist strap. Reference your other joycon wrist strap and you'll see two black dots or "teeth" on the inside of the track near the top that when locked don't move but when unlocked, you can push them in with a paperclip. When its put on the wrong way, sliding doesn't push down the locking "teeth" because of the angle of the "teeth" (stupid design). In my case, the "teeth" were visible at the top. All I had to do was make sure I knew the direction to slide the controller, push in the locking "teeth" of the joycon wrist strap with a paper clip all while pushing the controller in the appropriate direction. As soon as I got the angle right, it slide off with ease, avoiding any potential damage. Hope this helps!

User Info: Dinopolis

Dinopolis
4 years ago#5
Jdils posted...
Hey, I had the same problem with mine, switched around the +/- and I slid them all the way down to where they wouldn't budge either way. What makes this happen has nothing to do with the track that it slides on but instead the locking mechanism on the inside of the joycon wrist strap. Reference your other joycon wrist strap and you'll see two black dots or "teeth" on the inside of the track near the top that when locked don't move but when unlocked, you can push them in with a paperclip. When its put on the wrong way, sliding doesn't push down the locking "teeth" because of the angle of the "teeth" (stupid design). In my case, the "teeth" were visible at the top. All I had to do was make sure I knew the direction to slide the controller, push in the locking "teeth" of the joycon wrist strap with a paper clip all while pushing the controller in the appropriate direction. As soon as I got the angle right, it slide off with ease, avoiding any potential damage. Hope this helps!

Somebody get this man a trophy. You saved my life, dude. Thank God for this beautiful person.

User Info: Ruhar

Ruhar
4 years ago#6
Dinopolis posted...
Like a doofus, I accidentally put the joycon strap on the wrong way, first try. I've tried pulling on it while holding the release button, and I've also checked to make sure the lock is off. However, it won't budge. I've read online that this is a problem, but I haven't seen any solutions.

Any advice?

PS: This is a monumental oversight. You can't tell me no one at Nintendo ever had this problem. I'm going to throw this strap in my furnace if I ever get it off.

I had this exact same problem, and I found that the easiest way to get the wrist-strap off is to use a flat head screwdriver. Checkout my little video to see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKcXNkp3Brc

User Info: Jdils

Jdils
4 years ago#7
Anytime Dinopolis! Glad I could help!

User Info: debswaugh

debswaugh
4 years ago#8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwauOQ5KHk0

watch this video it worked for me and I had tried everything - it shows you direction to pull the two pieces apart which is not clear in other videos.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. How do I remove a stuck joycon wrist strap?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A