Which is stronger Switch or this PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Which is stronger Switch or this PC?

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 year ago#31
DaLagga posted...
Which is more than offset by the fact that the Switch comes with no games and you will be spending a fortune trying to build up even the most meager of libraries for it. Meanwhile, as soon as you get a PC you have access to thousands upon thousands of free games, many of which are leagues beyond anything on a Nintendo console and can offer countless hours of gameplay for free.

That's not even factoring in all the money you safe in online fees and cheaper game costs. After all, Nintendo milks the hell out of their games more so than any other publisher where you can expect to still be paying $50+ for games that are years old while most $60 games on Steam go on sale for $15 or less within a year. Hell, Nintendo charges more for many NES/SNES ROMS than you will end up paying for relatively new games on sale on Steam.

See this? This kind of response right here?

People KNOW you have no argument and are desperately grasping at straws when you have to reach so hard to try to make an argument against including the costs of the os, input devices, and screen.

Do you really think you look like anything other than a total and utter fool when you try to argue that the costs that were clearly not included because they knew it would make their claim of making a "Switch equivalent PC at the same price" impossible are offset by things like "I will have no games!" or "It has paid online!" which is 100% optional while the OS, input devices, and screen are not?

Also? There are some games that I got on my PS4 instead of PC because they were $60 on Steam but $20 as a physical PS4 disk.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 year ago#32
blaze120683 posted...
I thought this was about hardware not the extra stuff and on top of that the pc build would hardly be able to play games to begin with so your post was pointless.

It is, but they are unable to justify the cost of not including things they KNOW will break the $300 budget like the OS or screen so they make up some BS argument on why it doesn't matter or artificially inflate the price of the console by adding optional services and random games or insisting that the games will cost more.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: Sandman83

Sandman83
1 year ago#33
Don't really think you can compare a console to a pc. Mainly because the hole architecture, os etc is so completely different. For example a pc will run a ton of stuff in the background simple for the operating system to do what you expect to in all the miljon ways you could possible try to use it.
And yeah of all the consoles Nintendo:s operating system is the one that is fartest appart from being remotely similar to a pc.
PC:
* Runs a ton of stuff in the background, you see this if you for example write services, or go int o task manager.
* Have been developed from unix -> dos -> windows witch is a pretty old architecture.
* Is poorly optimized for games, operating system. Needs at least 4 GB of ram to put out decent performance in the os.
* Is built to support every component in the world and not really build to work exceptional with any of them.
Nintendo OS:
* Package based (ios = isolated operating system). This means nothing really runs in the background but everything is launched from neat little packages when needed. And is also the same principle Mac OS X is runned at.
* The operating system uses very little ram (Wii U = Around 1 GB, Wii = 22 MB of ram).
* The entire os, architecture, every library is built to work exceptional for one single purpose and that is to run games well.

And yeah if I go on the most likely rumors that would be that the fox conn leak is correct. That means it will use a modified version of the P1 and that would put you at least 6 cores, 4GB DDR 4 ram that can all be shiftet to the gpu, SSD drive etc. to even come up to equal performance in hardware and then you probably is nowhere near in architecture, libraries etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZVpHM7UYNQ
But yeah then Nintendo might also have modified the hole tegra architecture in any numbers of ways you can think of like adding extra cuda cores, using multiple tegras etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwj-Egg5GvI

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
1 year ago#34
Switch is stronger than most gaming PCs
DIEHARD CAVS FAN: '07-'10, '14-FOREVER
Cavs. Lil Bron. The Klove. Kyrie "Julius" Irving. we already won.

User Info: cpm

cpm
1 year ago#35
switch
nnid cpm001

User Info: She-Holc

She-Holc
1 year ago#36
PaulFoster posted...
SkyCrackers posted...
Switch is stronger than any PC because it uses a custom Tegra chip based on the most powerful GPUs in the world, but the custom aspects make it even stronger. It has more textures and does more shaders than PC.

Why do people like you want us to think you are an utter moron, really, is that what you want? People to think you are brain-dead? Words fail me.

Ouch! That's harsh @SkyCrackers didn't deserve that... or did he.
Emperor_Zaphkie vanished. Alt troll exposed! Stay motivated Haxor :)
E-thugs get Rekt! gfunkandjuice/banned, shedolt/banned, XludicoloX/purgatory. NAH MEEN!

User Info: Jaime_Benn

Jaime_Benn
1 year ago#37
I can't believe people actually respond to TC still. Well, some people in this topic actually jokingly responded, so that's good.

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#38
blaze120683 posted...
I thought this was about hardware not the extra stuff and on top of that the pc build would hardly be able to play games to begin with so your post was pointless.

Tell that to the people who are trying to include an OS in the cost. The bottom line though is that PC gaming can easily be FAR cheaper than console gaming and much much cheaper than the Switch in the long run. As for his PC build, you do realize that a good 90%+ of all games ever made would probably run on a system with 2GB of RAM or less, right? Only more modern games (i.e. the past ~5 years or so) really require more RAM and even then, most of them could run on 4GB which is what the TC was able to add by simply juggling the specs.

The fact that it couldn't run the latest and greatest games on the market without 6-8GB of RAM is irrelevant because the Switch can't run the latest games either. So if you wanted to game on a budget and get the most bang for your buck (i.e. a high playtime to dollar ratio), then a PC is absolutely the way to go.

Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
See this? This kind of response right here?

People KNOW you have no argument and are desperately grasping at straws when you have to reach so hard to try to make an argument against including the costs of the os, input devices, and screen.

Do you really think you look like anything other than a total and utter fool when you try to argue that the costs that were clearly not included because they knew it would make their claim of making a "Switch equivalent PC at the same price" impossible are offset by things like "I will have no games!" or "It has paid online!" which is 100% optional while the OS, input devices, and screen are not?

Also? There are some games that I got on my PS4 instead of PC because they were $60 on Steam but $20 as a physical PS4 disk.

In other words, your argument only holds up if we ignore most of the facts. Sorry buddy, but if you're buying the Switch because you think it's good on a budget then you're getting robbed. By the time you buy even just half a dozen games and pay for those online fees I could have built a dramatically better $600 PC, run all the latest games, and still end up spending less money. Especially when we consider the fact that no hardcore gamer considers a Nintendo system to be viable on its own so if you want to experience most of the game out there you still absolutely have to buy another console or PC. Meanwhile, a PC alone is more than enough to play the overwhelmingly vast majority of games on the market.

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 year ago#39
DaLagga posted...
In other words, your argument only holds up if we ignore most of the facts.

It's funny you say that, because YOU was the one ignoring facts.

You added additional OPTIONAL services, tried to argue games cost too much (when I pointed out that I got some games for 1/3rd the price on PS4 that they are on Steam), and then ignored the cost of the OS, input devices, and screen while trying to addon other nonsensical gibberish to the Switch's price.

All because you know if you had to add them, it would blow your entire argument into so many itty bitty pieces that not even your rig would be able to render them all.

Sorry buddy, but if you think there was even an ounce of logic in your entire gibberish argument then I weep for humanity, as does anyone else reading your inane drivel.

You know as damn well as I do that it was a desperate attempt to grasp at straws, you know this, you are just unable to admit you are wrong in any way, and thus just keep digging yourself deeper and deeper and becoming a bigger laughing stalk every time you click that "Post Message" button.

Please, click it, no I insist, please keep clicking it. You are giving everyone here the gift of laughter when you do.
Gamertag in profile

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
1 year ago#40
BTW, is the switch stronger than my laptop?
Celeron N2840 @2.16GHz 2.16GHz
4GB Ram (3.89 available)
64 bits
Intel HD graphics
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://m.youtube.com/#/user/bigbangpegasusmaster.I play games
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Which is stronger Switch or this PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived