Shin'en Developer - Wii U vs Switch Power

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Shin'en Developer - Wii U vs Switch Power

User Info: Skyla74

Skyla74
1 year ago#71
slyman19 posted...
Skyla74 posted...
slyman19 posted...
Skyla74 posted...
How many strong first party launch games have there been. Not many

Super Mario Bros
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Luigi's Mansion
Sonic Adventure
Halo Combat Evolved

Only 6 and of them 4 Nintendo, but I have to disagree with Luigi's Mansion. It was good not great. I don't think Sony have released a good launch title.

Sony does start slow, but once they start, holy s***!

For me only great PlayStation four games well in house ones are "the last of us" unchanted 4 and Infamous so a bit of an understatement umm.

User Info: krazychao5

krazychao5
1 year ago#72
slyman19 posted...
NintendoGamer83 posted...
30fps.

Its OK when Sony do it.

Sure, when there is a good excuse. Nintendough has no excuse for the underpowered Switch.

Sounds like the pS4 is underpowered there, buddy.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/bigllama?type=posted

User Info: PS4always

PS4always
1 year ago#73
ImGanondorfLol posted...
reidyboy102998 posted...
Switch is still underpowered for what it is worth. Until the Switch becomes cheaper or a new Animal Crossing game comes out 2 years later, then I might consider it.

it's a handheld so no it's not ur ignorant. also im gonna judge you for animal crossing being your priority since ur being so ignorant

Says the person who can't even spell 'you're'?
Lowest lifeform ever isn't tax collectors, it's Gamefaq mods.

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
1 year ago#74
Skyla74 posted...
For me only great PlayStation four games well in house ones are "the last of us" unchanted 4 and Infamous so a bit of an understatement umm

Hell no. Sony has constantly shown that they are top dog when it comes to exclusives. Every generation has been filled with amazing games to play from them.
i5 6600k/GTX 970/16GB DDR4/Win 10
Resident Evil 7 is a bad game.

User Info: Gamersoft

Gamersoft
1 year ago#75
Considering the fact that it looks extremely good graphically, i cant believe its 60fps even when its 4 player splitscreen

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
1 year ago#76
PS4always posted...
Says the person who can't even spell 'you're'?

It's the Internet. Jesus f***ing Christ.
i5 6600k/GTX 970/16GB DDR4/Win 10
Resident Evil 7 is a bad game.

Skyla74
1 year ago#77
To be honest whether the switch for the same power as the Wii U, it makes no difference to me as long as I get to play great games on the go that's all I care about. Right now I'm at work and I'm going to bloody chat page, next month I'll be playing The Switch. What a way to work

User Info: Starlord12

Starlord12
1 year ago#78
reidyboy102998 posted...
ImGanondorfLol posted...
reidyboy102998 posted...
Switch is still underpowered for what it is worth. Until the Switch becomes cheaper or a new Animal Crossing game comes out 2 years later, then I might consider it.

it's a handheld so no it's not ur ignorant. also im gonna judge you for animal crossing being your priority since ur being so ignorant

It's great as a handheld, disappointing from a console perspective is what I meant to say man (basically a console/handheld hybrid). I'm a huge fan of Animal Crossing, since the GameCube days. I should have said my opinion in my post.

@reidyboy102998

#1 We don't know what the power of the switch will be like
#2 You are looking at this as if the Switch needs to be on par with PS4/XBONE in terms of raw power, there are other strengths this hybrid has like:

1) Most powerful gaming handheld ( doesn't matter how nintendo markets it, that fact doesn't change.

2) No game installs (Outside of saves/possible DLC, no storage is taken up if you buy physically)

3) It's Versatility, and how you can really go just about anywhere with it, and you won't be disconnected if your like 10 ft away. The possibilities are endless in where you can go with it, even if you are laying down for bed and wanna get a quick hour of gaming in before you hit the sack.

4) Playing High-quality games (or anything lower than the max) on the Switch anywhere is something Sony nor Microsoft has never done.

Yes PS4 is better in terms of raw power, but the Switch is likely to be on par with the XBONE (maybe a little weaker).

There is more to this system than people let it on.
If you are skeptical of everything, you wind up not trying anything.
NNID FC- 0404-6783-3729

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#79
DiscostewSM posted...
JunDageki posted...
To make it short.

Wii U can't handle this game in 2 player split screen without dropping it to 720 and 60 fps.
Switch (docked) can 4 player split screen in 1080 and 60 fps plus more detail setting just fine.

right?

On Wii U:

640x720 @ 60fps with temporal construction into a 1280x720 final buffer (you'll see vertical interlacing).
A few spots where it dips under 60fps in single player.
Dips a lot of times in 2-player splitscreen.
Drop to max 30fps with 4-player splitscreen.

On Switch:

Full 1920x1080 @ 60fps with greater detail.
No drops in single player, 2-player split screen or 4-player split screen.
Under 4-player split, dynamic resolution scaling is used when needed to maintain 60fps.
HD Rumble utilized.
This version is not using the Switch's full potential. Expect greater utilization of system with next game.

Not quite. The developer specifically said that the Wii U version was 720p which is a blatant lie seeing as how it's actually rendered at 640x720 (as you noted). So when he says 1080p, he's almost certainly not talking about 1920x1080.

Skyla74
1 year ago#80
slyman19 posted...
Skyla74 posted...
For me only great PlayStation four games well in house ones are "the last of us" unchanted 4 and Infamous so a bit of an understatement umm

Hell no. Sony has constantly shown that they are top dog when it comes to exclusives. Every generation has been filled with amazing games to play from them.

Slyman19 name 5 PS4 1st party greats
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Shin'en Developer - Wii U vs Switch Power

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived