Shin'en Developer - Wii U vs Switch Power

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Shin'en Developer - Wii U vs Switch Power

User Info: Skyla74

Skyla74
1 year ago#121
Maine-Coon posted...
Skyla74 posted...
Ultimately does the power actually matter, to be honest it doesn't. The switch will sell and sell well just because it's portable. PS Vita against the 3DS which is more powerful which sold more. So what if the battery life isn't great I'm sure all of us have rechargeable battery packs. Both Sony and Microsoft have commended the switch. What ever the power Nintendo have come up with a winner

Those consoles were handleds only. The Switch is a hybrid. I'm not sure the same logic can be on the used on the Switch. But we'll see i'll guess.

I'm just starting that power doesn't matter however we all know the switch is superior

User Info: frogman_295

frogman_295
1 year ago#122
pretty cool.

User Info: Starlord12

Starlord12
1 year ago#123
reidyboy102998 posted...
@Starlord12 I'm guessing that physical games will take some memory, hence the 32 GB internal memory size just like every other system out there. As I said, it's fantastic from a handheld perspective.

The only issue I have with the portable Switch is that some games can last at most 2.5- 3 hours depending on the game you would like to play (Skyrim, Zelda BOTW for example) It will be nice to take the Switch on the go, I won't deny that. In my opinion, it will be a little more powerful than the Wii U. I don't see it being as powerful as the OG Xbox One at least in my eyes.

Also, great seeing you here on the Switch board. :)

@reidyboy102998

Likewise :)

In terms of battery life, it's not really any different from the 3DS.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-3DS-2DS/FAQ/Hardware/How-long-does-the-battery-last-/How-long-does-the-battery-last--242771.html

3-5 hours is actually a tad worse than the battery on the Switch which is 3-6 hours, and the Switch is playing more intensive games than the 3DS is.

What is different is that Switch has "quick charging" which allows the Switch to be charged from 0-80% in about 30 mins - 1 hour. The chances of getting into a situation where you don't have the means to charge your device is probably little than you may think:

- In long car ride? Either get a car adapter (if the trip is longer than 3 hours) or wait till you get to your destination ( if it's less than 3 hours).

- Airplane wait time and your battery is low? Go to the charging station that is there. (Airplanes tend to have outlets as well).

I am not entirely sure in what scenario you would be in that your Switch is low on battery and have no way to charge it. You can still play while it being charged :P. I have a outlet near my bed so I make it a note to keep my device charging while I play if I know I need to go somewhere soon. Then I have 3 hours +my charging supplies to make sure my Switch doesn't run out of battery ^^.

In terms of power- Whether it is a bit less than XBONE or not, I get consoles/handhelds to play games, Power to me is more of a luxury. $300 for a "brand new system" is cheaper than what Sony/Microsoft ends up charging for their new system. (PS4-$400 XBONE- $500). When you put it in that perspective, Switch is actually being generous with their price, or at the very least a fair price.

PS: FFXV Boards are a real pain, and Switch is about the same, but at least there is some good discussion here.
If you are skeptical of everything, you wind up not trying anything.
NNID FC- 0404-6783-3729

User Info: Orange_Apples

Orange_Apples
1 year ago#124
Wow, maintain a high resolution 60fps while in 4 play split screen. That is why all console games should be using dynamic resolution. You won't notice the occasional drop in resolution but you will see a drop in framerate.
Steam, Origin, PSN, NNID: Orange_Apples787, XBL: orangeapples787, 3DS FC: 2578-3277-9760
"All video games are stupid, of course." - Polygon

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
1 year ago#125
Orange_Apples posted...
Wow, maintain a high resolution 60fps while in 4 play split screen. That is why all console games should be using dynamic resolution. You won't notice the occasional drop in resolution but you will see a drop in framerate.

Resolution drop won't do anything if the CPU is holding back
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
1 year ago#126
godplaysSNES posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

Resolution drop won't do anything if the CPU is holding back

Good thing the CPU doesn't seem to be a problem here.
Troll or hater getting you down? Don't worry. Just know that they force themselves to do what they do because of either jealous or envy of what you like.

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#127
DiscostewSM posted...
The very portion you bolded from your source literally says "assume" in it.

That's my point. In the tech industry, when someone says 720p it is always assumed that they're talking about 1280x720 because that's the common naming convention. If they don't mean 1280x720 then they should say so and to fail to make such a distinction is misleading. It's no different than when Bungie lied about Halo 3's resolution where they backpeddled and became defensive when they got called out on it.

User Info: Lvaneede

Lvaneede
1 year ago#128
Im kind of annoyed I only just bought this on the Wii U on sale a few weeks ago. I would have preferred it on Switch
Fact: Nintendo is the best, there is no point denying it.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Shin'en Developer - Wii U vs Switch Power

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived