Shin'en Developer - Wii U vs Switch Power

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Shin'en Developer - Wii U vs Switch Power

User Info: Skyla74

Skyla74
1 year ago#101
n00bsaib0t posted...
Skyla74 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
slyman19 posted...
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
People with PC specs in their sigs are sad

Also lmao at Trash Guardian. That game flopped. Resident Evil 7 thrashed it critically and commercially

Eh, Resident Evil 7 flopped too. It's tracking way behind 5 and 6.

Is Resident Evil 7 tracking behind its own projected sales?

It actually is it's currently at 1.2 million the previous two sold over 4 million in total and 1.8 in first week

I asked about RE7s projected sales, what 5 and 6 did should not be part of your post.

Ok it ain't doing well at all and aren't we talking about 1st party. Nobody brought up Bayonetta 2

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 year ago#102
Skyla74 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Skyla74 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
slyman19 posted...

Also lmao at Trash Guardian. That game flopped. Resident Evil 7 thrashed it critically and commercially

It actually is it's currently at 1.2 million the previous two sold over 4 million in total and 1.8 in first week

I asked about RE7s projected sales, what 5 and 6 did should not be part of your post.

Ok it ain't doing well at all and aren't we talking about 1st party. Nobody brought up Bayonetta 2

Source that it isn't doing well? What are it's projected sales? You can't just say it's doing bad and magically have it be a fact.

And I don't see anything about Bayonetta 2 in our quote tree. Why bring it up to me?
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: rafiiilla

rafiiilla
1 year ago#103
slyman19 posted...
NintendoGamer83 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Mario Kart 8 drops to 30fps when doing 4 player splitscreen on the Switch, so not sure who to believe.

Watch Dogs PS4 is 30fps 900p therefore no games can be higher.
Right?

A third party game (Watch Dogs) vs indie game (Fast Racing). Hmm...

You didn't think that post through, did you?

Shin'en isn't 1st party or is it? (https://www.shinen.com/company/)

So, I fixed that for you... They qualify as indie developer, iirc...
NNID & X1 gamertag: rafiiilla
Miitomo: http://tinyurl.com/hcbzxs7

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#104
DiscostewSM posted...
720p refers to 720 lines. Says nothing about how many pixels are on those lines. So no lying, just people making assumptions. As for Switch's 1080p, I have not seen any vertical interlacing with direct feeds of Fast RMX as opposed to Fast Racing Neo.

No, it doesn't. When someone says 720p, they are implying 1280x720 with a 16:9 aspect ratio.

"The number 720 stands for the 720 horizontal scan lines of image display resolution (also known as 720 pixels of vertical resolution).[1] The p stands for progressive scan, i.e. non-interlaced. When broadcast at 60[note 1] frames per second, 720p features the highest temporal resolution possible under the ATSC and DVB standards. The term assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, thus implying a resolution of 1280×720 px (0.9 megapixels)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/720p

So if they have no problem misleading people by saying 720p when it's actually half that then they obviously don't have any problem with misleading people on the 1080p bit. I wouldn't be surprised if it uses the same technique such that the Switch version actually renders at 960x1080 which would put it right in line with what we'd expect given the Switch's leaked specs.

n00bsaib0t
1 year ago#105
DaLagga posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
720p refers to 720 lines. Says nothing about how many pixels are on those lines. So no lying, just people making assumptions. As for Switch's 1080p, I have not seen any vertical interlacing with direct feeds of Fast RMX as opposed to Fast Racing Neo.

No, it doesn't. When someone says 720p, they are implying 1280x720 with a 16:9 aspect ratio.

"The number 720 stands for the 720 horizontal scan lines of image display resolution (also known as 720 pixels of vertical resolution).[1] The p stands for progressive scan, i.e. non-interlaced. When broadcast at 60[note 1] frames per second, 720p features the highest temporal resolution possible under the ATSC and DVB standards. The term assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, thus implying a resolution of 1280×720 px (0.9 megapixels)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/720p

So if they have no problem misleading people by saying 720p when it's actually half that then they obviously don't have any problem with misleading people on the 1080p bit. I wouldn't be surprised if it uses the same technique such that the Switch version actually renders at 960x1080 which would put it right in line with what we'd expect given the Switch's leaked specs.

Wikipedia is wrong there. There are 16:9 and 4:3 variations of these resolutions. There's a 16:9 480p. There's a 16:9 240p, even. The "p" part is the vertical pixels in the resolution.
Posted using GameFlux

Skyla74
1 year ago#106
n00bsaib0t posted...
Skyla74 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Skyla74 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
slyman19 posted...

Source that it isn't doing well? What are it's projected sales? You can't just say it's doing bad and magically have it be a fact.

And I don't see anything about Bayonetta 2 in our quote tree. Why bring it up to me?

Sorry about Bayonetta I'm responding to someone else. Capcom came out and stated that it hadn't done as well as expected and for predicted sales the switch is predicted to sell 40 million in 3-4 years just like Nintendo predicted the Wii U would sell 60+ million units. Predictions don't mean a thing

n00bsaib0t
1 year ago#107
Skyla74 posted...
Sorry about Bayonetta I'm responding to someone else. Capcom came out and stated that it hadn't done as well as expected and for predicted sales the switch is predicted to sell 40 million in 3-4 years just like Nintendo predicted the Wii U would sell 60+ million units. Predictions don't mean a thing

Predictions are how you judge if it's lagging behind. If they predicted 2 million sales it's behind. If they predicted 1 it's ahead. You say predictions don't mean anything but it's literally how these companies make the budgets for these games, by predicting what they will get back.

And for the third time, source?
Posted using GameFlux

Skyla74
1 year ago#108
Ultimately does the power actually matter, to be honest it doesn't. The switch will sell and sell well just because it's portable. PS Vita against the 3DS which is more powerful which sold more. So what if the battery life isn't great I'm sure all of us have rechargeable battery packs. Both Sony and Microsoft have commended the switch. What ever the power Nintendo have come up with a winner

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#109
n00bsaib0t posted...
Wikipedia is wrong there. There are 16:9 and 4:3 variations of these resolutions. There's a 16:9 480p. There's a 16:9 240p, even. The "p" part is the vertical pixels in the resolution.

No, because those resolutions are so rare that they're not worth mentioning. When someone says 720p they are in fact referring to 1280x720. That's the common convention that anyone with any tech knowledge uses. The only reason a developer would say 720p when they really mean 640x720 is because they don't want to openly admit that their game runs at a very low sub-HD resolution.

Skyla74
1 year ago#110
n00bsaib0t posted...
Skyla74 posted...

Predictions are how you judge if it's lagging behind. If they predicted 2 million sales it's behind. If they predicted 1 it's ahead. You say predictions don't mean anything but it's literally how these companies make the budgets for these games, by predicting what they will get back.

And for the third time, source?

And capcom predicted 6 million by the end of the year. Daily fix IGN
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Shin'en Developer - Wii U vs Switch Power

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived