• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. why does overwatch have so many more fans than splatoon

User Info: hellzyaaahhhhhh

hellzyaaahhhhhh
1 year ago#21
GeminiX7 posted...
Are all drones this delusional? I guess sales and reviews and playerbases don't count towards a game being good/more successful than another. No matter how much you may like Splatoon(and it's a good game, don't get me wrong), more people like Overwatch, and it's been adopted at a stupidly higher rate, even when you only look at individual consoles(let alone all three in combination). Like whichever one you want more, but Overwatch is considered the better game by the mass majority of players.

@GeminiX7
overwatch is trash... for a game...

reviews mean nothing as most them are from blind fanboys of the people who made overwatch
or paid off like most reviews are...

sales mean nothing as a ton of people were mostly tricked into buying overwatch....only later to quit playing it completely...

fan bases mean nothing... as game maker already had a huge blind fanboy base... that would happly follow them into a volcano if they asked them to

and im the drone lmao.... thats funny...
for what it offers... overwatch is trash... and other games have already done it better...
and if thos other games upped their graphics overwatch would easily lose about 25% of people who play it for the game type and are not completely blind

not to point out splatoon is more about turf war and covering it in ink.... like i said before... unless overwatch revamped their game play to copy splatoon....
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O

User Info: bluebomber2425

bluebomber2425
1 year ago#22
Ryzeki posted...
bluebomber2425 posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
hellzyaaahhhhhh posted...
Swamp_Swagger posted...
Overwatch is just a better game and appeals to much more people.

hahaha said no one ever.....
its pretty bad for what it is.....

but splatoon is completely different... unless overwatch like that disney games maker tryed to rip off splatoons gameplay...

splatoons downfall is that its only on one system

see xbox on ps4 have a decent amount of nintendo haters and one system wonders that hate on other systems...
(theirs still people defending the ps4 pro acting like it actually does something lol like 4k when it doesn't even pull 1440p)

Are all drones this delusional? I guess sales and reviews and playerbases don't count towards a game being good/more successful than another. No matter how much you may like Splatoon(and it's a good game, don't get me wrong), more people like Overwatch, and it's been adopted at a stupidly higher rate, even when you only look at individual consoles(let alone all three in combination). Like whichever one you want more, but Overwatch is considered the better game by the mass majority of players.

Agree with your points but assuming all overwatch sales was just PS4+Xbox, the PS4+Xbox rate would be close to Wii U splatoon rate. Which means indiviually at least one console probably did not sell at a rate similar to Splatoon.

Splatoon has sold more units on Wii U than Overwatch on PS4 + Xbone.

Splatoon is around 4.8 million units
Overwatch PS4 is at 2.8 million or so
Overwatch Xbone is at 1.5 million or so

Most of Overwatch sales are on PC, which are around 20 million.

Okay so the answer is PC then...which has been dominating in sales lately, especially in Asia.

User Info: random_man9119

random_man9119
1 year ago#23
reviews mean nothing as most them are from blind fanboys of the people who made overwatch

sales mean nothing as a ton of people were mostly tricked into buying overwatch....only later to quit playing it completely...

I'd like to know where you pulled this bulls*** from...
NNID:MrOddities|PSN:OddGamer2013
Playing: Overwatch, Pokemon Sun, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni, FFXV, Smite, Gravity Rush 2, KH:DDD, Yakuza Zero

User Info: hellzyaaahhhhhh

hellzyaaahhhhhh
1 year ago#24
random_man9119 posted...

I'd like to know where you pulled this bulls*** from..

well top reviewers 1st a lot of them already expressed a clear my favorite game makers can do no wrong when they reviewed overwatch....

next up free lance reviewers that are big on stuff like youtube...
oh look free box of overwatch related high sale price merch from the makers...

and the ones that give it worse review that were simi big oh look vid is flagged for copyright...

as for a lot people who bought it i mean day one sales good 90% of them were tricked demo was ok but they were told their would be more at launch and well launch was very disappointing for a ton of people so much you had people talking negative about it everywhere....

so yeah clearly its bs as your favorite game and favorite game maker can do no wrong...
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O

User Info: random_man9119

random_man9119
1 year ago#25
random_man9119 posted...

I'd like to know where you pulled this bulls*** from..

well top reviewers 1st a lot of them already expressed a clear my favorite game makers can do no wrong when they reviewed overwatch....

next up free lance reviewers that are big on stuff like youtube...
oh look free box of overwatch related high sale price merch from the makers...

and the ones that give it worse review that were simi big oh look vid is flagged for copyright...

as for a lot people who bought it i mean day one sales good 90% of them were tricked demo was ok but they were told their would be more at launch and well launch was very disappointing for a ton of people so much you had people talking negative about it everywhere....

so yeah clearly its bs as your favorite game and favorite game maker can do no wrong...

As for the bolded:
1. Nobody was f***ing tricked into buying the game... If someone didn't know what they were buying with this game, it's their fault because it was clear what the game contained.
2. Lol at brushing off my claim because you think I'm a Blizzard fanboy... Only 2 Blizzard games I've played are Overwatch and Diablo 3... I'm definitely not a Blizzard fanboy

You have nothing to back your comments and are just spewing general hatred towards the game... Got it...
NNID:MrOddities|PSN:OddGamer2013
Playing: Overwatch, Pokemon Sun, Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni, FFXV, Smite, Gravity Rush 2, KH:DDD, Yakuza Zero

User Info: Dash064

Dash064
1 year ago#26
I think a lot of it has to do with skill too. I'm not saying splatoon doesnt require skill or strategy. It's just that due to the random nature of the guns, the skill cap is a lot less. A lot of people enjoy getting better and better and better and better. With splatoon, I was a god the first week and didn't really get better XD

User Info: Dirak

Dirak
1 year ago#27
Overwatch has waifus, Splatoon doesn't... or maybe it does? You can never be sure...
Some kicking can solve most problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_O5v2VZWCY

User Info: nophoria

nophoria
1 year ago#28
astelion posted...
Overwatch has waifus, Splatoon doesn't... or maybe it does? You can never be sure...

smh lol
Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
https://youtu.be/hAsr_QrbbgA

User Info: SgtLunatics

SgtLunatics
1 year ago#29
GeminiX7 posted...

@GeminiX7
overwatch is trash... for a game...

fan bases mean nothing... as game maker already had a huge blind fanboy base... that would happly follow them into a volcano if they asked them to

and im the drone lmao.... thats funny...
for what it offers... overwatch is trash... and other games have already done it better...
and if thos other games upped their graphics overwatch would easily lose about 25% of people who play it for the game type and are not completely blind

not to point out splatoon is more about turf war and covering it in ink.... like i said before... unless overwatch revamped their game play to copy splatoon....

This guy is so delusional lol.
PS4 PSN ID: Sgtlunatics [UK]

User Info: Dash064

Dash064
1 year ago#30
^^^ I understand if somebody doesn't like a game. But man thats really unfair of him to say haha
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. why does overwatch have so many more fans than splatoon
  • Topic Archived