• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. why does overwatch have so many more fans than splatoon

User Info: arrrdunla

arrrdunla
1 year ago#101
People have poor taste

User Info: AshkeAngel

AshkeAngel
1 year ago#102
PhoenixML posted...
As a Battleborn fan, I tend not to ask this question.

Condolences man. I know it's rough.

I think Jim Sterling actually did a video on that situation.

User Info: AshkeAngel

AshkeAngel
1 year ago#103
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Terotrous posted...
I totally disagree with this. Most of the Overwatch cast is heavily pigeonholed into a single role, and there are very specific role combinations you need to do well.

Compare that to Team Fortress, where the characters don't even have their own names.

How dare you slander Mr. Mundy, Tavish Degroot, Jane Doe, and Dell Connager.

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
1 year ago#104
Darth_Kamcio posted...
Compare that to Team Fortress, where the characters don't even have their own names.

Yet they're actually far more flexible because of loadouts. Jarate Bowman Sniper is very different from Cozy Camper Bargain Sniper, for example.
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - A psychological fantasy novel series, book 2 finally complete

User Info: Skyminxyz

Skyminxyz
1 year ago#105
hellzyaaahhhhhh posted...
Swamp_Swagger posted...
Overwatch is just a better game and appeals to much more people.

hahaha said no one ever.....
its pretty bad for what it is.....

but splatoon is completely different... unless overwatch like that disney games maker tryed to rip off splatoons gameplay...

splatoons downfall is that its only on one system

see xbox on ps4 have a decent amount of nintendo haters and one system wonders that hate on other systems...
(theirs still people defending the ps4 pro acting like it actually does something lol like 4k when it doesn't even pull 1440p)

I thought the PS4 pro also allowed you to alter the frames per second (from 30 to 60) on games which would be quite handy at times.
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
FC:3093-7603-4670

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
1 year ago#106
Terotrous posted...
Darth_Kamcio posted...

Yet they're actually far more flexible because of loadouts. Jarate Bowman Sniper is very different from Cozy Camper Bargain Sniper, for example.

Can't argue with that. In overwatch the main difference is backstories and character relations rather than single-character playstyles variation.
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; MH4U in-game name: Night Fury.

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
1 year ago#107
Blizzard simply spent way more on marketing, multi-platform development, and story development than Nintendo ever even thought of doing to Splatoon. Splatoon is a good game and I imagine if it was a multi-platform game it would have done significantly better. The Wii U with its small user base kinda kept it back from achieving universal greatness.
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
1 year ago#108
PhoenixML posted...
As a Battleborn fan, I tend not to ask this question.

Battleborn was great but 2k dug their own grave releasing it so close to Overwatch, even if it's drastically different and the only similarities would be that they're hero based.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. why does overwatch have so many more fans than splatoon
  • Topic Archived