Are people really that upset that Switch is referred to as a hybrid?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are people really that upset that Switch is referred to as a hybrid?

User Info: forte

forte
1 year ago#21
BoundHunters posted...
yes. stupid people argue for hours over terminology. Remember that time someone called Zelda an RPG? Ahh.....stupid people. So entertaining.

Zelda is an RPG. an action RPG to be precise...like the Mana games or Boktai.

User Info: Rolfin

Rolfin
1 year ago#22
forte posted...
BoundHunters posted...
yes. stupid people argue for hours over terminology. Remember that time someone called Zelda an RPG? Ahh.....stupid people. So entertaining.

I've never participated in this argument before, mostly due to a lack of devoted interest in LoZ, but based on what I've played I'd call it an action adventure with very light RPG influence.
"LAN's not dead... just dormant."

User Info: clevermoniker

clevermoniker
1 year ago#23
It's a CONSOLE that you can take with you wherever you go.

What in the BLUE $&@# is so hard to understand about that?!

forte
1 year ago#24
Rolfin posted...
forte posted...
BoundHunters posted...

I've never participated in this argument before, mostly due to a lack of devoted interest in LoZ, but based on what I've played I'd call it an action adventure with very light RPG influence.

Nope...it has literally EVERY RPG element in it save for leveling. Making it pretty definitively an RPG. Not even remotely what you would call light influence.

I think a lot of people just think RPG=turn based fighting....they dont know that action RPG is a thing. Action Adventure would be like Tomb Raider or Batman Arkham Asylum...basically action games that are heavy in story.

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#25
clevermoniker posted...

Because it's wrong. It's a HANDHELD with a docking bay which allows for higher GPU frequencies. Read my previous post.

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
1 year ago#26
DaLagga posted...
clevermoniker posted...

Because it's wrong. It's a HANDHELD with a docking bay which allows for higher GPU frequencies. Read my previous post.

Seems it's more like a Console + Handheld. A mixing of two (or more) things, which by definition is what makes a hybrid.
I'm gonna enjoy playing Nintendo games, and you can't stop me.
http://tinyurl.com/p9gk8xg - http://tinyurl.com/nnff2sk

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
1 year ago#27
An extremely underpowered handheld, that hooks up to the TV is not a hybrid. It lacks the true qualities of a real console.
NNID: WoodFall64

forte
1 year ago#28
DaLagga posted...
clevermoniker posted...

it is a hybrid... here is the deal with the dock. It functions as an AC adapter and HDMI/TV out...nothing more. It doesn't even have an additional fan.

The Switch tablet itself has all the hardware inside of it, BUT without a power source ( the dock) it will function at roughly 66% of its full clock speed and be at 720p This is to save battery life. When Docked it will run at maximum capacity and 1080p effectively you wont see much a difference between the two modes due to the significantly smaller screen size when in portable mode.

Developers are able to have the same game scale up and down in terms of graphics and framerate ( going from 60-30 etc) in a very similar way to how the PS4-PS4 PRO works...except the graphics change will be on the fly...instant.

Seriously...no wonder people on this board are idiots mostly...they are still going by rumors that were dispelled by the full system patents that Nintendo filed.

Switch is pretty unique ( The Razor Edge is the only truly similar system) and totally a hybrid...and Zelda games are Action RPGs. we done here?

User Info: Rolfin

Rolfin
1 year ago#29
clevermoniker posted...

Everyone understands what it is. Here's the issue:

1. Nintendo makes console that consolidates it's home and portable efforts
2. Some people don't like the idea and just want a home console
3. Most people like the idea and say "The hybrid idea is awesome"
4. First group of people say "it's not a hybrid, it's just a handheld with TV out" in an effort to deflate the hype and try to make everyone as miserable as they are because Nintendo didn't do what they wanted. They hate the fact that people like an idea they don't and want to ruin the fun for the rest of us. Hence why you see rediculous comparisons to other devices(like smart phones. SERIOUSLY?) and being choosy with their words(like instead of using the term HDMI, they use "TV out" because it's simplified and sounds more demeaning/less impressive than HDMI)
"LAN's not dead... just dormant."

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
1 year ago#30
To have everything in the tablet, just makes it a tablet with a dock.

If the next iPad came with a dock and controllers would that make it a hybrid?
if console sales are important y arent they still making ps2 games--Jinzo111887
less than 500k sales across 3ds and wiiu is still decent for a game.--fauch
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Are people really that upset that Switch is referred to as a hybrid?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived