• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. *Rumours*: Matching with Foxconn leak... A73, Pascal, 4300mah battery

User Info: darkcharizard

darkcharizard
2 years ago#41
Pascal microarchitecture means its almost as powerful as Xbox One.... and on the go!!

There is little to no chance of the dated and discontinued Maxwell

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
2 years ago#42
TalesRevenant posted...
So call Eurogamer, Epic for UE4 specs, Laura Kate trolls..you know people who actually have crediblity.... and here you're all open arms for this random as f*** site no one has ever heard of.

So if it's positive/what you want to believe - Not a troll. Must be true
So if it's negative/what you don't want to believe - Troll. Must be fake.

Lol okay.

I didn't say I don't believe them. Considering their track record with the switch, I believe them. But from what've been said, those are the rumoured July devkits, these are the rumoured final specs. Two completely different things.

Part of the reason why I share this is because it shares commonality with the Foxconn leak.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: meiyuki

meiyuki
2 years ago#43
I don't really know how any leak of the architecture could be a real leak. Nvidia already said it's a highly custom chip and assembly line people arn't going to know what's in it. I have my doubts that indies with dev kits would have the expertise to know. And I doubt the higher end chip engineers are leaking anything. Basically they've got a 50/50 shot by stating one or the other and the ones that got lucky get some more clicks cause they can go around saying "see see I was right I have real sources."

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
2 years ago#44
TalesRevenant posted...
So call Eurogamer, Epic for UE4 specs, Laura Kate trolls..you know people who actually have crediblity.... and here you're all open arms for this random as f*** site no one has ever heard of.

Lol okay.

You are aware that this doesn't mean the system will be much more powerful than Eurogamer's leak right even if it were true? Their information was likely based on the July devkits from what LKD said but it isn't going to go up much from that(if any). The July dev kit should be fairly close to the final build. What the Foxconn leak claims would likely benefit battery life the most with small performance gains.

Unless of course Nintendo plans on pissing off third parties and chasing away any hope of support.
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: Cosmicjoh

Cosmicjoh
2 years ago#45
thetriforks posted...
Them taking down the page raises suspicions, I think it may be correct.

Oh boy
What a ridiculous comment
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
2 years ago#48
ArabrockermanX posted...
TalesRevenant posted...

Lol okay.

You are aware that this doesn't mean the system will be much more powerful than Eurogamer's leak right even if it were true? Their information was likely based on the July devkits from what LKD said but it isn't going to go up much from that(if any). The July dev kit should be fairly close to the final build. What the Foxconn leak claims would likely benefit battery life the most with small performance gains.

Unless of course Nintendo plans on pissing off third parties and chasing away any hope of support.

With noting the euro gamer article claims, "The information in this table is the final specification for the combinations of performance configurations and performance modes that applications will be able to use at launch." I personally find this language odd, mostly the "will be able to use at launch" part, as it indicates that these don't hold true for a later date. Otherwise just say these are the final specifications. I think those numbers are what Nintendo guarantees will be available at launch, but is not necessarily final because the build wasn't final.
I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I am your sXe hero.
They should build a mosque in mecca. Right next to the dome of the rock. -- Lord Sideous

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
2 years ago#49
Cosmicjoh posted...
Shacky_101 posted...
I'm not 100% believing these rumours but these aren't the most outrageous claims, which makes them be a little bit more believable.

Oh god are you guys stupid

4319mah battery: I was expecting a battery size between 4000-5000mah. The reason this is believable is because the battery shouldn't be too expensive given the size, meaning smaller costs. If the thing had a 5500-7000mah, that's where it gets unbelievable. Battery at those sizes are too expensive considering it's rumoured to cost 250-300 dollars.

A73 cpu: I was expecting A72, but A73 isn't unbelievable. Although the cpu is very new, it's very likely for Nintendo to use this cpu as it technically is cheaper. Nintendo likes to make things with little costs. Nvidia would be pretty dumb to use a57s which came out almost 1.5 years ago.

Pascal: Maxwell and Pascal are the potential candidates. As I've said many times, they're not much different. What really matters is what manufacturing process they use. Pascal mostly differentiated itself by being manufactured on 16nm with finfett transistors. 20 nm planar transistor are arguably the least likely scenario, as the entire industry is moving towards finfett transistors. 20nm is gonna get phased out soon, meaning it'll be costlier sooner or later.

What I mean as not outrageous is that they're not, or shouldn't conflict with the rumoured 250-300 price point. Those components should be relatively cheap. Their viability is relative to cost effectiveness. But part of the reason I say I'm not completely sold is the new A73 processor, I feel that is a bit too good to be true, considering how new the processor is.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. *Rumours*: Matching with Foxconn leak... A73, Pascal, 4300mah battery
  • Topic Archived