CUDA core count

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. CUDA core count

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
1 year ago#11
Shacky_101 posted...
^you can't pick in between. The cuda cores are grouped together in units containing 128 spus, 4 rops and 4 tmus. That's how they were designed. I mean they could modify this, but that's extra development costs.

Yes I can. Pascal has 64 shaders per module, not 128 shaders. The texture units and ROPs are handled separately.
Core i7-4930K, 2x Radeon R9 390X, 4x4GB 2133MHz DDR3 RAM, GA X79-UD3
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
1 year ago#12
Shacky_101 posted...
^good point. But I still think having 512 is out of the realm of possibilities

Agreed, I highlighted Nintendo makes bad decisions, but I just don't see them going that big.

Also with the Wii U, it was expensive because they wanted hardware they were familiar with, not because they wanted more powerful hardware... I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the core count is higher than a standard X1 but I honestly don't expect it, pretty sure we are getting a horribly under clocked X1 with active cooling that makes absolutely no sense to me...
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: NicknameMy

NicknameMy
1 year ago#13
One interesting thing to note: The Foxconn Leak spoke about an unusual large heat pipe, could this be referring to a bigger chip?
My speculation on Switch TFLOPs: 0.5 undocked, 1.2 docked.
Pascal, 12 SM's, 768 CUDA Cores

User Info: SkyCrackers

SkyCrackers
1 year ago#14
My money is on 256 cores and on the 307 / 768 clock speeds being legit. It just makes sense considering Nintendo's design philosophies and the price this needs to sell at.
"Theyre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken." -Tomonobu Itagaki

NicknameMy
1 year ago#15
SkyCrackers posted...
My money is on 256 cores and on the 307 / 768 clock speeds being legit. It just makes sense considering Nintendo's design philosophies and the price this needs to sell at.

This would then sell at 150$, yknow?

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#16
My apologies, I assumed the SM units layout was the same, wasn't aware of it containing 64 cores per unit.

That being said, imo, having 384 cores is the best configuration, it shouldn't be too big, shouldn't produce too much, and shouldn't be too costly. In console mode it'll easily surpass the xbone in that configuration, but it most likely won't be that :/
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: NeoMonk

NeoMonk
1 year ago#17
Cuda Cores...
TeraFAPS...

All these f***ing meaningless numbers....

Tell me how many exclusives it'll have, then tell me how many of them are actually good.
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator

NicknameMy
1 year ago#18
(Everyone who votes more than 1024 is trolling, graphic cards at this point cost 250$ alone)

User Info: ncb1397

ncb1397
1 year ago#19
lightningbugx posted...
I would vote for 320 if you actually listed it.

Every Maxwell/Pascal chip that nVidia has ever released is a multiple of 128 shader cores. That is why 320 is not an option.

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
1 year ago#20
NicknameMy posted...
(Everyone who votes more than 1024 is trolling, graphic cards at this point cost 250$ alone)

->fanboys
Komm suesser Tod
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. CUDA core count

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived