Everyone here needs to watch this.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Everyone here needs to watch this.

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
1 year ago#41
Jesus, is that ReviewTechUSA?

What the f*** were you thinking posting that fat f***'s videos here?
December 19th, 2016. The day the Nintendo Switch died.

User Info: master_m11

master_m11
1 year ago#42
DaLagga posted...
Third, the DS and 3DS succeeded because like the PS1 and PS2 they managed to garner the majority of the 3rd party handheld support right out of the gate while the PSP and Vita were trying to be portable consoles with more mainstream console games rather than typical handheld games.
I think the Vita failed for multiple reasons more than just not getting great 3rd party games. Had it had its own qaulity exclusives it would have did a lot better. The expensive memory cards were also a problem.

DaLagga posted...

In short, none of these devices succeeded because they were weak. The succeeded for other reason primarily relating to 3rd party support and/or mainstream appeal. But the Wii U had none of that which is precisely why it failed and the same is true of the Switch. It's far too weak as a console to handle 8th gen games and the handheld space is quickly drying up which is why the 3DS will never even get remotely close to the sales of the DS despite the fact that it has had effectively no competition. So while the Switch will likely see some success at launch due to it basically just being another Nintendo handheld, longterm it's going to be a dud and probably the last of a dying breed of handheld devices as the mobile market shifts to smart phones and tablets.
It's speculation on what can and can't be played on the Switch and sales do factor in regardless if a console is "too weak" or not. That's why they were still making games for Ps3/360 when Ps4/Xone came out. Not to mention Switch could get its own 3rd party exclusives being handheld and being successful of course.

I greatly disagree with what you are saying with the handheld market.. Phones and tablets have s***ty games with no controller.. No true gamer wants to play s*** like that. The Switch can capitalize on the handheld market and have popular games that will boost sales like pokemon and fire Emblem.

I look forward to seeing the success of the Switch.
Leave no Troll behind!
NNID:RedSeven 3DS:3754-8137-2550 Time to make the switch Nintendo Switch!

slyman19
1 year ago#43
master_m11 posted...

You'll still be looking 50 years from now.

User Info: DaLagga

DaLagga
1 year ago#44
Rizeroth posted...
Which makes this rumor a bogus one since digital foundry is not a credible source and what it says doesn't completely fall in line with what we already know and conflicts with other more credible sources. I could be wrong. That's doesn't matter here. Point is, you guys are flying this stuff as fact (do you even know the meaning of the word) too much since there is still as much credible possibility for the NS to be much better than what we know as much as there is possibility for it to be worse.

Digital Foundry isn't the source though and they say as much in their article. Their source however does appear to be credible and the information does fit what we already know and our expectations of Nintendo. They don't make use of cutting edge tech and haven't in over 15 years. Instead, they rely on older tech that they can sell relatively cheap for profit. So for a handheld that is expected to be priced ~$250 for the base unit, this is exactly what we'd expect spec wise.

Rizeroth posted...
THIS is what you all need to watch.

Only if you want mindless reassurance from a Nintendo apologist who would rather stick his head in the sand than face reality.

User Info: meiyuki

meiyuki
1 year ago#45
DaLagga posted...
I'm sorry if the facts disturb you little one, but based on everything we know so far it doesn't look like the Switch's future will be too bright.

Before you post again look up and understand the mhz myth please. Also look up the definition of the word know. Here's what we know about the switch. It's got a dock to play games on the tv and can be removed to go portable. It has detachable controllers. The chip is made by nvidia.

User Info: meiyuki

meiyuki
1 year ago#46
DaLagga posted...
Only if you want mindless reassurance from a Nintendo apologist who would rather stick his head in the sand than face reality.

And that seals it right there.

slyman19
1 year ago#47
DaLagga posted...

Except you're doing something just as bad. You're taking an unconfirmed rumor and treating it as fact.

Just like him, you're not facing reality.

User Info: master_m11

master_m11
1 year ago#48
slyman19 posted...
master_m11 posted...

So when it's successful you will be around to admit you were wrong? I wonder..
Leave no Troll behind!
NNID:RedSeven 3DS:3754-8137-2550 Time to make the switch Nintendo Switch!

slyman19
1 year ago#49
master_m11 posted...
slyman19 posted...
master_m11 posted...

So when it's successful you will be around to admit you were wrong? I wonder..

I'm buying the Switch day one, so I'll be here.

User Info: riboflav

riboflav
1 year ago#50
DaLagga posted...
Rizeroth posted...
Which makes this rumor a bogus one since digital foundry is not a credible source and what it says doesn't completely fall in line with what we already know and conflicts with other more credible sources. I could be wrong. That's doesn't matter here. Point is, you guys are flying this stuff as fact (do you even know the meaning of the word) too much since there is still as much credible possibility for the NS to be much better than what we know as much as there is possibility for it to be worse.

Digital Foundry isn't the source though and they say as much in their article. Their source however does appear to be credible and the information does fit what we already know and our expectations of Nintendo. They don't make use of cutting edge tech and haven't in over 15 years. Instead, they rely on older tech that they can sell relatively cheap for profit. So for a handheld that is expected to be priced ~$250 for the base unit, this is exactly what we'd expect spec wise.

Rizeroth posted...
THIS is what you all need to watch.

How does a source "appear to be credible". Hahaha, you're daft.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Everyone here needs to watch this.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived