Foxconn leak for the nintendo switch could be true!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Foxconn leak for the nintendo switch could be true!

User Info: NicknameMy

NicknameMy
1 year ago#11
TSMC is being used 16 nm FinFet, clocked at 1.7 Ghz

Clocked at 1.7 GHZ if anything is the CPU, not the type of GPU building...
My speculation on Switch TFLOPs: 0,75 maximum without active cooling, 1.1 maximum undocked, 1.5 maximum docked.

User Info: minchew91

minchew91
1 year ago#12
jairusmonillas posted...
Ki_cat_ posted...
I still think it's all rumor, minus stuff actually confirmed. We'll see by the 12th.

I don't think Nintendo will reveal anything regarding specs on the 12th.

I'm disappointed with Nintendo being cheap again but I'm not giving up for Switch yet atleast it's getting an NBA 2k17 for portable. It's actually the first portable version Vita didn't even had one and the one on smartphones are different made by 2k China.

Psp had NBA 2K
Now playing: Digimon: CS, Pokemon Moon, CivRev 2 Vita
Last games finished:Diablo 3, DQ Monsters: Joker, Dead Island, Fable 3 RE:R 3DS, DQ 6

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
1 year ago#13
speroguy posted...
Hi everyone, do you remember Foxconn leak ?

If we read it again, we can see that many things was true :

4GB RAM -> Speculated by many rumours
1600mhz EMC -> Confirmed by Eurogamer today
There's no fan on the dock -> Confirmed by Nintendo Patent
Hole on the back of the dock to allow air absorbing then out from the console's top vent -> Maybe it's what we can see on Jimmy Fallon show
USB-C -> Confirmed by many leaks and pictures
At least estimate 3.7 to 5 hours of battery power -> NateDrake speculated this
Saw orange and blue controller -> Speculated by LKD with Splatoon SKU, Splatoon colors are orange and blue
Joycon It's very complex inside -> We can see that on the patent

If theses specs are true about memory, dock, usb-c and joycons, why would the other specs be false?

The Tegra SoC is a custom X2 with Pascal
ARM CPU using A73, the latest version
GPU clocked at 921 Mhz

I always found this leak strange and very detailed. I know that eurogamer is more reliable than foxconn leak, but what do you think guys?

So far Eurogamer has been spot on, but if their sources were mostly Indies or not directly involved with any NS projects, I could see how their information could very easily be based off of an early dev kit. I will say that their decision to go live with this story though probably means they have solid sources on the NS and they do know the final retail specs. Unless Nintendo is shady enough to hide those from developer until release, at which point the Switch's biggest problem will be third parties not willing to work with them again...
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
1 year ago#14
NicknameMy posted...

Clocked at 1.7 GHZ if anything is the CPU, not the type of GPU building...

It says the GPU is clocked around 0.9 Ghz.

EDIT: Just adding that the 1.7GHz was likely supposed to be the CPU.
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: DrOchasio

DrOchasio
1 year ago#15
I'm very ignorant when it comes to tech talk, what does this mean? like is it good or bad?
woah woah woah
FC: 4785-5028-0649

NicknameMy
1 year ago#16
Still, this foxconn article says nothing really about power since key details are missing.
My speculation on Switch TFLOPs: 0,75 maximum without active cooling, 1.1 maximum undocked, 1.5 maximum docked.

User Info: Lm03

Lm03
1 year ago#17
DrRM posted...
Silly TC, leaks and rumors are always true if they can be negatively spin against nintendo and it fans...

there is no maybe...

could be used as something negative = true

Cant be used as something negative = not true

User Info: Herbette

Herbette
1 year ago#18
DrOchasio posted...
I'm very ignorant when it comes to tech talk, what does this mean? like is it good or bad?

Frequencies is an important thing, but don't means everything, specially when we don't have specifi info about cache or amounts of flops.
But 1,7ghz for CPU and 0,9ghz for gpu is around the ps4 (a bit better).
I personally don't believe those clocks speed in portable mode, at least for heat issues. But if the dock have a cooler, then why not in console mode.

4gb of memory is very low, half that is proposed, in current consoles.

User Info: cminc

cminc
1 year ago#19
DrOchasio posted...

Up to this point, given everything we know like lack of hdd, having to care about battery life and etc, this means that the switch will not be receiving ports of larger, more complex games going forward without taking a huge graphics hit. Basically, the idea of switch being able to play xb1 calibur games is a joke and that it'll ultimately function more like a handheld wiiu.

Not bad necessarily, just nothing like what people were actually hoping to see from nintendo. This time around around, the fans wanted them to fight for parity with the market leaders so they had a chance of seeing real, modern third party support on the regular.

These specs, and the way the industry is headed considering that it takes 3 years to make a game now, go a long way toward showing that switch will see support early on for older third party games that started development late last cycle, but wont get much of anything made specifically for the ps4 or xb1 because it just wont have the ability to run them without huge sacrifices.
---
---

NicknameMy
1 year ago#20
https://youtu.be/-Ql-jliCo88

https://youtu.be/gwnsFEX42-s
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Foxconn leak for the nintendo switch could be true!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived