200$ price is unrealistic

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. 200$ price is unrealistic

User Info: Braev

Braev
1 year ago#11
Yeah I'm expecting $300. Could see it going for a bit more or less.
Acrobat or bureaucrat, maintaining balance is never an easy task.

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#12
No one said it will be $200. Everyone is expecting $250 minimum
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: Ralizah

Ralizah
1 year ago#13
Braev posted...
Yeah I'm expecting $300. Could see it going for a bit more or less.

$350 for a Switch and a big pack-in game like 3D Mario or Splatoon is probably fine, but anything over $300 for the base model is going to hurt it tremendously.

If it really is $250, I expect it to sell extremely well.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest; Pokemon Moon; Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 year ago#14
So TC is back to trolling?
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: potatochobit

potatochobit
1 year ago#15
Baha05 posted...
So TC is back to trolling?

still mad zelda is being pushed back for the SWITCH instead of released for the wii-U just like I told you it would be last year, kid?
nintendo trolls you and you want to blame me for it, go ahead if it makes you feel better, I always post the truth.
playing: Hollow REALIZATION, FF15 and dragon quest builders
Hated: Last Guardian, not worth full price buy it on sale

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
1 year ago#16
$250 is pretty much the only price it has a chance of being a big hit with. $300 for what many people will view as a handheld that can be docked, will be viewed as too much for a handheld. $300 for a home console when supposedly more powerful systems are out for the same price or often cheaper, isnt going to be a good look either. telling someone who wants it as a home console that the difference is you can take it with you and play it on a little screen likely wont be much of a selling point.
if console sales are important y arent they still making ps2 games--Jinzo111887
less than 500k sales across 3ds and wiiu is still decent for a game.--fauch

User Info: potatochobit

potatochobit
1 year ago#17
I think the other issue might be the "launch bundles"

even if they get it down to 300$ I am not sure how well splatoon will move consoles
sure, it is a great game, but we are talking about taking market share from PS4 owners who play FPS games all the time
and a cartoonly FPS clone might not be the best choice
playing: Hollow REALIZATION, FF15 and dragon quest builders
Hated: Last Guardian, not worth full price buy it on sale

User Info: Hell_Thrasher

Hell_Thrasher
1 year ago#18
It'll be around $250-300. MAYBE $350. But from the looks of things, $350 might not be too shabby.
"If the anime doesn't make me question if I'm on cocaine, then it's not worth my time" - The greatest human being who ever lived.

User Info: Hell_Thrasher

Hell_Thrasher
1 year ago#19
potatochobit posted...

even if they get it down to 300$ I am not sure how well splatoon will move consoles
sure, it is a great game, but we are talking about taking market share from PS4 owners who play FPS games all the time

Eh, why not? Splatoon has already sold well once, it could easily move consoles as long as Nintendo markets it right. Remember this, you don't actually WANT anything, you're TOLD that you want something.

Just like when people were disappointed after buying Watch_Dogs; they didn't WANT it, Ubisoft just told them they wanted it. If Nintendo markets Splatoon correctly, it could even overtake Overwatch's place as the shooter that hipsters and Tumblrtwits play, and make fanart of.
"If the anime doesn't make me question if I'm on cocaine, then it's not worth my time" - The greatest human being who ever lived.

User Info: Rolfin

Rolfin
1 year ago#20
Hell_Thrasher posted...
potatochobit posted...

Eh, why not? Splatoon has already sold well once, it could easily move consoles as long as Nintendo markets it right. Remember this, you don't actually WANT anything, you're TOLD that you want something.

Just like when people were disappointed after buying Watch_Dogs; they didn't WANT it, Ubisoft just told them they wanted it. If Nintendo markets Splatoon correctly, it could even overtake Overwatch's place as the shooter that hipsters and Tumblrtwits play, and make fanart of.

I don't know man, I owned a Wii U and plan on getting a switch at launch, but Splatoon never appealed to me. I also have a ps4, 360 and love playing Shooters and have heard lots of people praise Splatoon, but I just... I can't. Something about the art style and the overly kid-friendly presentation really puts me off.

I know I don't speak for everyone, but if someone like me, open to just about any kind of game around, can't bring themselves to even try the game, then I doubt you'll be able to get many non-nintendo gamers to show interest.
"LAN's not dead... just dormant."
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. 200$ price is unrealistic

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived