With only 1 Tera Flop, I worry for the Switch's third party support...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. With only 1 Tera Flop, I worry for the Switch's third party support...

User Info: furygods

furygods
1 year ago#1
If the 1 Tera Flop of power is true, then I really worry about the Switch's third party support in the long run...

Think about it, how many corners will third party developers will have to cut in order to make a port of their PS4/Xbox One game to the Switch? And if they can manage all of these cut corners, will consumers buy the Switch just to play third party games with more cut corners than the PS4/Xbox One version which they probably already own the console for?

I don't think consumers will purchase a new system just to play a game with worse graphics than the PS4/Xbox One versions....

I mean, sure graphics doesn't matter, but the gameplay is already there, the only problem is, the third party developers are already working with a small amount of power for current consoles, now they have to work with a even smaller amount of power to port the game to the Switch... It just doesn't work that way.

I don't think consumers will purchase the Switch port when they can get a PS4/Xbox One port instead, cause the gameplay is the same but the graphics is obviously better on PS4/Xbox One.

What Nintendo needs to do now is to focus everything they have on the handheld aspect of the Switch. The console aspect of the Switch can just be a gimmick. Market the whole playing AAA games such as Skyrim on the go with the handheld mode.
Ass Fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3QO0z7Vgwvo#t=78 , Funniest Manga: Oretama.

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
1 year ago#2
1 teraflop? you're being too optimistic (going by the rumors, so heh, it may actually happen)
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://m.youtube.com/#/user/bigbangpegasusmaster.I play games

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#3
Is the gap between the xbox one and ps4 that noticeable when it comes to graphics? Well that will pretty much be equivalent to the gap between the xbox one and switch. 1tf is good enough, nintendo interested a lot of people with the switch, now they just have to market the hell outta this thing and make it sell like hotcakes. That way, developers who want to make money on the switch will make sure it works on the switch.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: NicknameMy

NicknameMy
1 year ago#4
First, it is obvious that most of that rumour was fake to multiple reasons stated before.

Second, it isn't all about how often it FLOPs, it is about what it can do with a FLOP. That depends on things like architecture, software and many more things.

furygods
1 year ago#5
@Shack: Oh it will work alright, developers can cut as many corners as they want.

But the consumer aren't fools, buying a new system just to play a game that has more cut corners than the PS4/Xbox One versions? Probably not.

If you wanna talk graphics don't matter, gameplay does...

Well the gameplay is the same regardless of which platform you get it for, but the graphics is gonna be poorer on the Switch compared to the PS4/Xbox One. And many consumers will pick the choice where they get both graphics and gameplay instead of just gameplay.
Ass Fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3QO0z7Vgwvo#t=78 , Funniest Manga: Oretama.
(message deleted)

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#7
^Yes but the switch sells itself on portability, convenience, adaptibility, and maybe even affordability is what distinguishes it from the competition, which might edge it out. That's something that consumers might ultimately side for.

I'm sure all the core gamers came to expect and understand that it'll be noticeably weaker, but are still interested in the uniqueness the system will offer for game. Casual gamers (which is an apparent demographic that they are targeting) might not even care or know about this stuff and might be sold more on the switches gimmicks, rather than a regular box that plays games.

Only time will tell how successful it will be. Hopefully nintendo does a home run on this. I've never been so fascinated by a nintendo console ever since the gamecube, this is one of the few times I hope for nintendo to do well.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

furygods
1 year ago#8
The idea of playing AAA games on the go is huge, the console part will just be inferior to the PS4/Xbox One, but if Nintendo can capitalize on the idea of these AAA games on a handheld, it can be a great turn around.

User Info: Chemazan

Chemazan
1 year ago#9
The 3DS is way f***ing far from 1TF, yet it had 3rd party support

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
1 year ago#10
If it is 1 TFLOP(FP32), then it is fine and it will see third party support. FP16, well then it'll see select 3rd party games because not everyone will be willing to scale their game down that far.
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. With only 1 Tera Flop, I worry for the Switch's third party support...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived