Patents prove Switch is a Hybrid

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Patents prove Switch is a Hybrid

User Info: NicknameMy

NicknameMy
1 year ago#41
Linetrix posted...
TheFallenPriest posted...
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
yrag324 posted...
bluebomber2425 posted...
there are ppl on this site that are choosing to word it as a "mobile device with TV output"

Because that's exactly what it is. There is nothing "hybrid" about a tablet that has video-out.

There is if it has enhanced capability when in home console mode.

Except it doesn't, they confirmed the dock has no additional processing hardware inside it.

No one is arguing that it does. Instead, we see saying that the processor/gpu may clock higher when docked

That's a technical impossibility.

You can read this in the patents.

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 year ago#42
Linetrix posted...
That's a technical impossibility.

No it's not, it's just nothing new.

Funcoland posted...
It's a hybrid.

It's a video game system specifically designed from the from the ground up, to perform as a handheld system and a home console with little effort. Arguing otherwise is semantics.

It's nothing more than a 3DS 2 with video out, that's not really "designed from the ground up".
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
1 year ago#43
*facepalm*
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
1 year ago#44
Gee that makes laptops hybrids too then!
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#45
What would make the switch become a true hybrid? Specifically what features would the dock have?
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: TheFallenPriest

TheFallenPriest
1 year ago#46
No one is arguing that it does. Instead, we see saying that the processor/gpu may clock higher when docked

Which is something many portable devices have also done for a while now.

If by portable devices, you mean laptops, which is the very definition of a hybrid device, then yes, they have. Its not common place in any other medium that im aware of though.

It's nothing more than a 3DS 2 with video out, that's not really "designed from the ground up".

wut.....
Play Gamefaqs Bingo with me. Any time you get 5 in a row in a single topic shout BINGO! in it.
http://i.imgur.com/2hQcuzb.jpg

User Info: Scymite

Scymite
1 year ago#47

If by portable devices, you mean laptops, which is the very definition of a hybrid device, then yes, they have. Its not common place in any other medium that im aware of though.

wut.....

You do know that a laptop isn't a hybrid by any definition. There do exist "hybrid laptops" that act as both laptop and tablet. But a laptop in itself isn't a hybrid; the existence of portability doesn't therefore mean hybrid. The Switch being a tablet with video out (as far as we currently know) is not a hybrid of anything. It just makes it a tablet with video out. Calling something a name doesn't make it that name. It just makes it poor marketing.
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants

User Info: Funcoland

Funcoland
1 year ago#48

Based on what we've seen, it's designed to be able to seamlessly dock, play games on the television, and then play games on the go. Seems to me that it's designed to function as both. I'm not claiming that it's anything revolutionary by any means as it doesn't do anything but streamline existing concepts... But to claim it's not designed to be both.... Well, that's bulls*** and the people arguing that it's not know it.
NNID: MisterNoOne | PSN: The_Mistled

User Info: TheFallenPriest

TheFallenPriest
1 year ago#49
Scymite posted...

wut.....

You do know that a laptop isn't a hybrid by any definition. There do exist "hybrid laptops" that act as both laptop and tablet. But a laptop in itself isn't a hybrid; the existence of portability doesn't therefore mean hybrid. The Switch being a tablet with video out (as far as we currently know) is not a hybrid of anything. It just makes it a tablet with video out. Calling something a name doesn't make it that name. It just makes it poor marketing.

Let's get very simple here. Would you agree that the switch can act as either a home console, or a handheld console? If you say yes, then I say it's a hybrid. If you say no, then I'd like to hear your reasoning.
Play Gamefaqs Bingo with me. Any time you get 5 in a row in a single topic shout BINGO! in it.
http://i.imgur.com/2hQcuzb.jpg

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 year ago#50
/facepalm
http://i.imgur.com/MMI7Rux.png
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Patents prove Switch is a Hybrid

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived