Switch is less powerful than the PS4

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Switch is less powerful than the PS4

User Info: Cosmicjoh

Cosmicjoh
1 year ago#51
hellbringher posted...
Placiibo posted...
I saw this reported on elsewhere too. You're still getting all nintendo developers behind it, and you know indies will get behind it too. But yeah forget about 3rd party AAA.

It's the Wii U all over again. First year hype. 3rd party jumping ship after they realize they have to downgrade their graphics.

You're right
They have to downgrade from the next gen 3DS

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
1 year ago#52
Placiibo posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
NintendoGamer83 posted...
Rumours are facts again

To everyone waiving the 'rumors should be ignored' flag: we know everything there is to know about Switch from leaks way before Nintendo says anything. Nintendo has been a leaky ship these last couple years. Plus dev kits are in the wild, so lots of people know the specs. They sign NDAs but they can easily remain anonymous by calling their friends in the media and telling them to keep their name secret. Or just go on some forum. The article today got their info from TWO separate sources. What are the chances that 2 confirmed devs cooked up the exact same specs?

So call it a rumor if you want, but based on history and based on it coming from different leakers, its 99% likely to be true.

Like this one?
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/venturebeat.com/2016/03/23/gamers-put-their-heads-together-to-solve-the-case-of-the-rumored-nx-controller/amp/

That being fake should make us all wait for ACTUAL info before saying everything is true.
GFaqs Review Scale: 10- Amazing. 9- OK. 8- Average. 7.9 or lower- Bottom of the barrel crap.
Switch preordered.

User Info: Placiibo

Placiibo
1 year ago#53
Placiibo posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
Rumours are facts again

To everyone waiving the 'rumors should be ignored' flag: we know everything there is to know about Switch from leaks way before Nintendo says anything. Nintendo has been a leaky ship these last couple years. Plus dev kits are in the wild, so lots of people know the specs. They sign NDAs but they can easily remain anonymous by calling their friends in the media and telling them to keep their name secret. Or just go on some forum. The article today got their info from TWO separate sources. What are the chances that 2 confirmed devs cooked up the exact same specs?

So call it a rumor if you want, but based on history and based on it coming from different leakers, its 99% likely to be true.

Like this one?
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/venturebeat.com/2016/03/23/gamers-put-their-heads-together-to-solve-the-case-of-the-rumored-nx-controller/amp/

That being fake should make us all wait for ACTUAL info before saying everything is true.

Leaks are still happening. The leak today was from multiple confirmed sources. This fan mockup had no sources.
Warning: the post you just read may contain satire, hyperbole, or deadpan. Reader digression is advised.

User Info: davishippo

davishippo
1 year ago#54
Placiibo posted...
But they are selling it as a console/portable hybrid and most importantly, they will be charging a console price. It deserves its feet to be held to the fire at console price. If they come in at $199 then fine, call it a portable.

The last 3 portable consoles all started at $249
Bell Maiden is my waifu.

Placiibo
1 year ago#55
davishippo posted...
Placiibo posted...
But they are selling it as a console/portable hybrid and most importantly, they will be charging a console price. It deserves its feet to be held to the fire at console price. If they come in at $199 then fine, call it a portable.

The last 3 portable consoles all started at $249

And how did they do at that price?
Warning: the post you just read may contain satire, hyperbole, or deadpan. Reader digression is advised.

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#56
Again this is using venturebeat as source. Their article doesn't make sense and is full of contradictions and dumb statements.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: Neospartan

Neospartan
1 year ago#57
Well, yeah, we've known this since before it was called the Nintendo Switch.

That still doesn't make this site a reliable source. If you wanna b**** about Emily Rogers and Laura Kate Dale, then you must know that they have a track record and is mostly positive (for Rogers) and close to flawless (for Dale). That's why those get more than the benefit of the doubt.

This guy? Yeah, this guy said that the NX was going to use AMD, and see how that went.
I'm online, therefore I am.

Placiibo
1 year ago#58
MCV picked up the story:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-switch-won-t-be-as-powerful-as-the-ps4-report-claims/0176760

"This means the console will offer around one teraflop of processing power – that’s less than a quarter of that found in the PS4 Pro (4.2 TF) and just over half that found in a regular PS4 (1.8 TF).

The report adds that the plan had been to use Pascal, but that ‘the timing just didn’t work out for Nintendo’ as the company rushes to replace the discontinued Wii U. It is also concerned about the possibility of rivals releasing competing portable-home hybrids.

The use of the more recent Drive PX 2 Tegra, which can pump out 4K at 60fps, was also considered but was dismissed because of the amount of redesign needed to make it run properly in a portable device."

After Vita I don't see Sony in a big hurry to make a portable. The only portable that makes sense for them would be a fully portable PS4 that plays PS4 entire library. I think we are a ways off from that tech being affordable.

User Info: Zingo

Zingo
1 year ago#59
Oh Noess.... Doom! Pathetic @TC.

User Info: SSMajinVegeta2

SSMajinVegeta2
1 year ago#60
davishippo posted...
knightimex posted...
remember when ps2 was weaker than xbox but still became a massive seller regardless?

Remember Wii U? I don't

You don't or obviously you wouldn't have typed it out.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015 RIP GP God bless
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Switch is less powerful than the PS4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived