• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. RUMOUR: Switch games can possibly run at sub-native 540p.

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
1 year ago#31
Not that surprised TBH
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://m.youtube.com/#/user/bigbangpegasusmaster.I play games

User Info: memoryman3

memoryman3
1 year ago#32
mehmeh1 posted...
Not that surprised TBH

I am. Sub native really looks like trash.
Daisy 4 Smash!
https://i.imgur.com/ywiokrd.jpg

User Info: NeoMonk

NeoMonk
1 year ago#33
Most credible people claim it's between 720P on handheld mode and 1080P on Console mode
EVERYONE IGNORES IT

Some random s***stain claims it could be 500P
EVERYONE BEGINS TO DISCUSS IT!

That's where we at right now boys and girls... these are your community members...
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator

User Info: Bloodychess

Bloodychess
1 year ago#34
NeoMonk posted...
Most credible people claim it's between 720P on handheld mode and 1080P on Console mode
EVERYONE IGNORES IT

Some random s***stain claims it could be 500P
EVERYONE BEGINS TO DISCUSS IT!

That's where we at right now boys and girls... these are your community members...

Same anti nintendo try hards and their alts. Maybe one day they'll get a life
Knowledge is power, power corrupts. Study hard and become evil.

User Info: ArabrockermanX

ArabrockermanX
1 year ago#35
Venturebeat article is wrong, anyone that believes it is a fool. The jackass literally edited his article to fit what an active NEOGAF thread said about his article(talking about him talking out of his ass).

The author didn't note the edits and has about as much credibility as a crack dealer on the corner.
The internet, where people come to be a dumbass.

User Info: faizan_faizan

faizan_faizan
1 year ago#36
memoryman3 posted...
SkyCrackers posted...
memoryman3 posted...
SkyCrackers posted...
The article sounds like a load of BS to me. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if many 3rd party Switch games ran at 480p to 640p, especially if they're multiplats.

480p would be a joke....that would be Wii-era

Plenty of multiplats are already only 720p on the Xbox One. 480x960 is 44% the pixel count of 720p. Realistically, the Switch isn't going to muster any more than 40% of the power of the Xbox One when in handheld mode (it could possibly do better when docked). Which still kicks the Wii U's ass, but yeah, there are going to have to be compromises to get PS4/XBO games running on this thing.

Cutting down textures and stuff is FAR better than cutting resolution.

I guess it's different for every game. I tried the Witcher 3 on my ageing laptop and even on the low-medium settings the pop-ins were horrendous, actually that game has horrendous pop-ins on any graphical settings and are worsened significantly on the lower settings. If there's one game where I'll settle for sub-720p resolution then it's Witcher 3 provided they fix the pop-ins, because having story characters spawning a couple of feet in front of you is laughable. But I agree, resolution is a major factor that affects image quality, I can see why you'd prefer a sharper image for lower graphical fidelity, and I would too in games that need it.

ArabrockermanX posted...
Venturebeat article is wrong, anyone that believes it is a fool. The jackass literally edited his article to fit what an active NEOGAF thread said about his article(talking about him talking out of his ass).

The author didn't note the edits and has about as much credibility as a crack dealer on the corner.

Right? Some posts were saying that he is a credible source, which is surprising since he posted that article.
Allergic to bull****.

User Info: TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade
1 year ago#37
ArabrockermanX posted...

User Info: Shacky_101

Shacky_101
1 year ago#38
^Lol if that's true

I mean what he said about the hardware is not impossible but how he presented his rumour was very, VERY questionable.

That being said, upscaled 540p image is very believable (in portable mode). I'm sure they'll push the resolution up to 720p at least in docked mode. Most games shouldn't be like this though (assuming it's powerful enough), they'll most likely downgrade the graphics rather then decreasing resolution which could be enough to run stable framerates at certain resolutions.
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.

User Info: Readingscripts

Readingscripts
1 year ago#39
Not sure why anyone is surprised at this confirmation, the screen is tiny, pretty sure the Wii U gamepad was at 480p, this ought to be slightly above.
Just tryin' to get by.

User Info: memoryman3

memoryman3
1 year ago#40
Readingscripts posted...
Not sure why anyone is surprised at this confirmation, the screen is tiny, pretty sure the Wii U gamepad was at 480p, this ought to be slightly above.

The problem is that the SCREEN is 720p, but it's claiming that some games will be upscaled from Wii resolutions to achieve a smooth framerate, which is problematic in 2017.
Daisy 4 Smash!
https://i.imgur.com/ywiokrd.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. RUMOUR: Switch games can possibly run at sub-native 540p.
  • Topic Archived