• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The Switch looks like a jack of all trades...

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 year ago#41
AndreLeGeant posted...
That plus Switch market share will mean developers will continue to keep games running on systems of that power level.

First of all, no, it will not be the same power level.

Second, the PS4, Xbox One, and even PC are all the same architecture, the Tegra that will be on the Switch will not. Because of this, AND it's lower performance, ram, and storage capacity, it's going to make it the hardest system to port titles to from other consoles.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: Placiibo

Placiibo
1 year ago#42
AndreLeGeant posted...
Placiibo posted...
Legit criticism. It's too weak for a console and will thus be under supported by 3rd parties, and it's going to be too expensive for a portable, losing the parent/kids market. It's basically a Nintendo branded Vita. I think it does better than Vita though because it will have 100% of Nintendo's dev teams behind it, and no expensive proprietary media. Its going to be an indie machine I guarantee you that.

It's not too weak for a console though. Common expectation is X1 level.

4GB RAM tho
Warning: the post you just read may contain satire, hyperbole, or deadpan. Reader digression is advised.

User Info: Linetrix

Linetrix
1 year ago#43
In no way the Switch will be as powerful as the XB1. Unless Nintendo is planning to sell it for $350+.

User Info: hellbringher

hellbringher
1 year ago#44
Yeah...it does. Someone named Jack is going to trade it in.
There are two Tom Bradys...ones a girl.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
1 year ago#45
Placiibo posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...
Placiibo posted...
Legit criticism. It's too weak for a console and will thus be under supported by 3rd parties, and it's going to be too expensive for a portable, losing the parent/kids market. It's basically a Nintendo branded Vita. I think it does better than Vita though because it will have 100% of Nintendo's dev teams behind it, and no expensive proprietary media. Its going to be an indie machine I guarantee you that.

4GB RAM tho

Rumour.
GFaqs Review Scale: 10- Amazing. 9- OK. 8- Average. 7.9 or lower- Bottom of the barrel crap.
Switch preordered.

Linetrix
1 year ago#46
NintendoGamer83 posted...
Placiibo posted...
AndreLeGeant posted...
Placiibo posted...

4GB RAM tho

Rumour.

So if it turns out to be true you'll automatically agree with everything he (Placiibo) said? Since, you know, you wouldn't be able to hide behind the "rumor" excuse any longer...

User Info: NicknameMy

NicknameMy
1 year ago#47
4GB RAM, yeah. But how much extra VRAM? They are most likely not considered here.

Hey, if we are all ripping of data of the PX2 and try to imagine of the P1 looks like, PX2 has GDDR5 VRAM and LPDDR4 RAM.^^

https://i2.wp.com/vrworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/NVDA_DRIVEPX2_1_Computation.jpg?w=793

Linetrix
1 year ago#48
Sqatch flees from battle!

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
1 year ago#49
Using carts means it doesn't need as much RAM anyway and an efficient OS will increase how much is available. I think with Nvidia behind this it'll be pretty finely tuned.
I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I am your sXe hero.
They should build a mosque in mecca. Right next to the dome of the rock. -- Lord Sideous

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
1 year ago#50
AndreLeGeant posted...
Using carts means it doesn't need as much RAM anyway

No, no it doesn't, that's not how modern carts work. All they are nowadays are just another storage medium, no different than if it used optical disks.

and an efficient OS will increase how much is available

So somehow Nintendo will magically make an "efficient os" that uses literally a gig or two less memory than their competition, but their competition can't?
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The Switch looks like a jack of all trades...
  • Topic Archived