• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. So is this game an unplayable mess right now?

User Info: koranthus

koranthus
4 weeks ago#21
played my run to level 50 on a second-run xbone. I had 2 crashes in total. I had one quest-npc not spawn but it appeared the next day when i restarted my console. There was lots of menu lag, but it was only a half-second for each menu (I played rage2 just before this and that game has 2-3 sec of lag for each menu page, so BL3 menus seemed like a pleasure).

That’s it. Played entirely offline, solo.

The story is good enough. The gameplay has that Borderlands feel. Every map after the tutorial has map-challenges that give as much as or more xp than quests in the area, so staying levelled isn’t hard.

Not as good as BL2. About as good as the PreSequel.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: TheGuilty1

TheGuilty1
4 weeks ago#22
I've encountered ton of bugs, some of which seem to be common like the digital version taking multiple attempts to actually start.
-Annoying as hell menu lag
-Xbox's resume function seems to cause some pretty crazy freezing that requires me to restart the game.
-I've had enemies get stuck inside walls and it once required me to restart.
-Sometimes the item window for world drops will just stay stuck on the screen as well as X for reload, but entering the munu seems to make it go away.
-Split screen is terrible with tiny subtitles and insane menu lag

The dev's seem to be more focused on nerfing whatever is currently popular than fixing this glitchfest. It's a fun game, but holy hell the dev's need to pull their heads out of their asses and get their priorities straight. For something that looks like a 360 game, it runs pretty terrible.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: unclesok

unclesok
4 weeks ago#23
Honestly there are problems, the menu lag is bad, and at least for me that has not improved at all. Sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds to even get from going from game to the menu. Once there its hit and miss going from 1 tab to another.

I'm playing in performance mode on the X and I finished the game. i did have some crashes, but I would not say the game is unplayable, though it could be for some. I did have lag in game at times.

I only played a bit of coop and generally it worked, but if you want to go into your menu to do anything there its bad. If you are in the middle of a fight and want to change a weapon or skill best get somewhere where you can take cover.

Overall I enjoyed the game, but I get the others points, they have not fixed some of the significant issues with game like lag, and skills not always working. I used Amara and sometimes I would use her skill and it would not engage at all, and I'd say that happened not frequently but it did occur. I don't recall having any broken quests but I have heard that has happened to others.

I still enjoyed the game but to say it doesn't need some patches would not be honest.
How can men who've never seen light be enlightened?
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: 13091989

4 weeks ago#24
Online coop on 2 original Xbox ones is pretty horrendous. It lags constantly for whoever joined the other player (both have fibre with less than 10ms ping) and if you think the menu lag is bad in single player its even worse here. It regularly drops below 20 fps and freezes/stutters if the player you joined does anything in their menu.

Amazed its been a couple of weeks now and no performance patch has been released. I guess there are not enough people playing it on the original consoles via online coop (especially on xbox one) to kick up a fuss about it so they consider it low priority.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: xTreefiddy350x

xTreefiddy350x
4 weeks ago#25
13091989 posted...
Online coop on 2 original Xbox ones is pretty horrendous. It lags constantly for whoever joined the other player (both have fibre with less than 10ms ping) and if you think the menu lag is bad in single player its even worse here. It regularly drops below 20 fps and freezes/stutters if the player you joined does anything in their menu.

Amazed its been a couple of weeks now and no performance patch has been released. I guess there are not enough people playing it on the original consoles via online coop (especially on xbox one) to kick up a fuss about it so they consider it low priority.

I have an xbox one x and it's not great. Biggest problem though is it crashes my xbox almost every time I try to play with someone
FC: 4699-6413-9487. IGN: Scotty
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. So is this game an unplayable mess right now?
  • Post New Message