• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. So is this game an unplayable mess right now?

User Info: copaco

copaco
1 month ago#1
Because from the comments on here it seems like it is. I was considering getting it but not if it is full of lag and bugs.

User Info: Agent_Stroud

Agent_Stroud
1 month ago#2
I’ve been playing it on my standard launch edition Xbone, and the worst problem I encountered aside from menu lag and texture pop-in was the occasional crash after playing for a long period of time without taking a break and turning the system off, so I’d say the issues are being blown out of proportion just a bit due to the controversy surrounding the CEO of Gearbox’s recent behavior.

That being said, I did hear that Xbone X users playing the game on the graphics mode as opposed to performance mode were having more frequent crashes, but they apparently were able to solve it by switching to performance mode.

As always, your mileage may vary, but honestly, the game ain’t that bad at the moment as far as stability and performance is concerned.
"Was None Tomahawk the sequel to Bone Tomahawk? Like, they used up all their tomahawks?" -- biggs03

User Info: joshiki_r

joshiki_r
1 month ago#3
Perfectly fine solo, lags like crazy in coop for whoever joined. Also makes it completely impossible to drive.

User Info: natevines

natevines
1 month ago#4
I play solo only and haven't encountered a single issue. I bought it only last week, though, so I assume there has been some substantial patching. My theory paid off: wait to buy a new release because it will drop in price and be patched.

User Info: DemocracyV2

DemocracyV2
1 month ago#5
Agent_Stroud posted...
I’ve been playing it on my standard launch edition Xbone, and the worst problem I encountered aside from menu lag and texture pop-in was the occasional crash after playing for a long period of time without taking a break and turning the system off, so I’d say the issues are being blown out of proportion just a bit due to the controversy surrounding the CEO of Gearbox’s recent behavior.

That being said, I did hear that Xbone X users playing the game on the graphics mode as opposed to performance mode were having more frequent crashes, but they apparently were able to solve it by switching to performance mode.

As always, your mileage may vary, but honestly, the game ain’t that bad at the moment as far as stability and performance is concerned.

My game crashed my console 4 times within a half hour and I had just got on, And I play in performance mode.

Stop trying to act like people are just whining, Alot of us have problems and just because you dont doesnt mean people are "Blowing it out of proportion".

You have quests not progressing and you have to reload the game, You have enemies not spawning for side quests, forcing a reload. You have Major inventory lag, You have the game crashing people's Xboxs, Split screen lag making the game unplayable once someone opens their inventory, You have skills for some characters that dont even work.

The game is like a month/ month and a half old and there hasn't been a single performance patch. The game runs like s***. All the problems I've listed above only occur in multiplayer(Outside of certain skills not working at all), So if you stick to SP you wont run into any problems.

Also, The fact that the game hard crashes your system shows they didnt test for s*** because it's easily replicated. The game is fun but the developers are clearly incompetent, But hey Let's nerf characters instead of fixing game breaking issues.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Sczoyd

Sczoyd
1 month ago#6
It varies. I had one crash today, but I don't think I've had any issues this week. Can't remember any lag last time I played with other people either.
"No merkins? Fie on thee." - zhukov1943
WoT

Agent_Stroud
1 month ago#7
DemocracyV2 posted...
Agent_Stroud posted...

My game crashed my console 4 times within a half hour and I had just got on, And I play in performance mode.

Stop trying to act like people are just whining, Alot of us have problems and just because you dont doesnt mean people are "Blowing it out of proportion".

You have quests not progressing and you have to reload the game, You have enemies not spawning for side quests, forcing a reload. You have Major inventory lag, You have the game crashing people's Xboxs, Split screen lag making the game unplayable once someone opens their inventory, You have skills for some characters that dont even work.

The game is like a month/ month and a half old and there hasn't been a single performance patch. The game runs like s***. All the problems I've listed above only occur in multiplayer(Outside of certain skills not working at all), So if you stick to SP you wont run into any problems.

Also, The fact that the game hard crashes your system shows they didnt test for s*** because it's easily replicated. The game is fun but the developers are clearly incompetent, But hey Let's nerf characters instead of fixing game breaking issues.

Why the hell are you mad at me for, bruh?

Seriously, perhaps you should reread my post before claiming that I was deliberately ignoring issues that other people have claimed to have encountered in the game since I did acknowledge that there were definitely issues with the game, but that there were also people who were looking for an excuse to hate the game over the recent controversies surrounding Magic Randy and the timed exclusivity with Epic on PC that were attempting to blow things out of proportion.

I also said clearly that the TC’s mileage may vary at the end of my earlier post, so I don’t get why you’re mad at me for something you clearly jumped to the wrong conclusion about. Chill, bruh. 😒
"Was None Tomahawk the sequel to Bone Tomahawk? Like, they used up all their tomahawks?" -- biggs03

User Info: DemocracyV2

DemocracyV2
1 month ago#8
Agent_Stroud posted...
DemocracyV2 posted...
Agent_Stroud posted...

Seriously, perhaps you should reread my post before claiming that I was deliberately ignoring issues that other people have claimed to have encountered in the game since I did acknowledge that there were definitely issues with the game, but that there were also people who were looking for an excuse to hate the game over the recent controversies surrounding Magic Randy and the timed exclusivity with Epic on PC that were attempting to blow things out of proportion.

I also said clearly that the TC’s mileage may vary at the end of my earlier post, so I don’t get why you’re mad at me for something you clearly jumped to the wrong conclusion about. Chill, bruh. 😒

I'm not mad at you, I was just slightly annoyed because of the beginning of your post. Just annoyed as well that they havent fixed the serious problems yet.

I apologize for being rude, It was uncalled for.
(edited 1 month ago)

Agent_Stroud
1 month ago#9
DemocracyV2 posted...
Agent_Stroud posted...
DemocracyV2 posted...
Agent_Stroud posted...

I'm not mad at you, I was just slightly annoyed because of the beginning of your post. Just annoyed as well that they havent fixed the serious problems yet.

I apologize for being rude, It was uncalled for.

Ah, no problem, bruh. My apologies if I sounded a bit rude myself.

Here’s hoping Gearbox has that performance patch out soon since it sucks to not be able to enjoy this gem of a game. 🤞

User Info: OddAsymmetric

OddAsymmetric
1 month ago#10
It seems that there is a wide array of problems that not everyone experience. I do not have a one x. I have joined 1 game that was unplayable due to lag because of the sheer amount of stuff flying around the screen, which isn't always a typical game. I get minor lag on menu open and once a quest objective kill teleported off a cliff causing me to reload the game (this problem wad addressed in a hotfix already). Never has my game crashed, never have I gotten frame drop while playing.

I regularly play with the same 5 people and they as well have not had any issues that has prevented them from playing, a few of them on one x to boot.

Chances are, you will not encounter anything that will detract from your experience to the degree you want to quit, also they have been releasing tweaks weekly, slowly fixing the problems as they come up.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. So is this game an unplayable mess right now?
  • Post New Message