• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Wow well that's a new kind of forced hard shutdown

User Info: Kvothe88

Kvothe88
1 week ago#1
While playing in offline mode, my xbox got hard shut down when trying to select the Floating Tomb location in fast travel. I wasn't fast traveling, just select Floating Tomb to be able to then fast travel there.

What the actual fuhhh
GT: The 870 Pilot // Pawn: Sarah, Sorc
My gift key: Airtight Flask - keepin' it tight // Wakestone Shard - frequently downed

User Info: Roninzeta

Roninzeta
1 week ago#2
Yeah, I got my first ever hard shutdown from this game, too. I’ve been kicked from games before, but never had my One X turn itself off. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with the overheating problem, though it’s absolutely appalling that a game with these graphics makes the processors run this hard. Red Dead Redemption 2 makes the fans sound like a tornado, but it doesn’t kill the machine.

User Info: mikezero83

mikezero83
1 week ago#3
The original Surge game had more hard lock shut downs than anything I've ever had.
Xbox GT: Exia mk II
PSN: EliteZero83

User Info: Maverickneo

Maverickneo
1 week ago#4
Same here.
Free phone game ideology, wall grind, pay to win, loot box system has no place in a paid console game.

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
1 week ago#5
I've yet to have my Xbox shut down, but last night the game crash when I got out of Iron Bear. I was able to go to the home screen, close the game, and restart it.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 week ago#6
my Xbox has hard shutdown several times only playing this game.

User Info: TimeToWaste85

TimeToWaste85
1 week ago#7
Mine only did a hard shut down on space laser tag when I walked into the chute. If you don’t jump and slam...you’re gonna have a bad time. Which there is no excuse for. I thought my Xbox was going to blow (I had no issues with anything more than a 1sec lag before or after this spot).

User Info: gdogghenrikson

gdogghenrikson
1 week ago#8
Never had any shutdowns one X1X. Are you guy using instant on? If you are, maybe try not using it. IDK though, I'm certainly no expert

User Info: ChaoticNeutral

ChaoticNeutral
1 week ago#9
I stopped playing this game completely because it randomly shuts down my Xbox.

I mean I just bought the Gears 5 Bundle, so it'd brand new. I don't need a game bricking my damn system.

I play three other games on it for freaking hours and have no issues, but BL3? Yeah f*** this game.
gdogghenrikson posted...
Never had any shutdowns one X1X. Are you guy using instant on? If you are, maybe try not using it. IDK though, I'm certainly no expert

The power save settings have nothing to do with this.

It's a known issue that will probably go unpatched
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Wow well that's a new kind of forced hard shutdown
  • Post New Message