• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Why is Pre-Sequel so hated?

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
1 week ago#1
I don't get it never played but why do people dunk on this game?

User Info: VaultBoy2319

VaultBoy2319
1 week ago#2
My wife and I don't like it because the space walking feels like a slog. Everything just feels so slow to progress
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be', said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'--Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

User Info: Birdiii

Birdiii
1 week ago#3
I personally liked it. Using oxygen to sprint was fun. My friends didn't seem to like the game so they didn't play it past the first few missions. One claimed the abilities didn't feel like borderlands idk.

I played as Athena and loved throwing her shield around :)

Fragtrap seemed to have some funny abilities and I'd totally play as Jack's body double on a second playthrough.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die.

User Info: fisheye11

fisheye11
1 week ago#4
I liked the gameplay just as much as BL2. In the end, it just lacked content. Still liked playing it.
PSN: fisheye11
Excuses are the lies we tell everyone we know... including ourselves.~Masterless Knight~

User Info: Revocation68

Revocation68
1 week ago#5
The loot drops are trash (in my experience) and the map/mission design is s*** compared to BL2.

All the little annoying things add up

User Info: nebula2

nebula2
1 week ago#6
Imo its beter than BL2 storywise and gameplay wise.

Too bad it's maps where a bit big and there was no endgame...Not that endgame matters to me lol

Still I liked it more than BL2 especially space mechanics:)
PSN:Nebuladark, Switch FC:SW-0857-4415-9982,
3DS: FC:0774-5319-1816, ACNL:Nebula from Ygdrasil, MHGenU:Serenade, MHworld:Serenade.

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
1 week ago#7
I think it’s good
Ain't no rest for the wicked.
When your BFF's a BFG, you don't need anyone else watching your back.

User Info: AKITAS_BRAVE

AKITAS_BRAVE
1 week ago#8
The only thing in all the BL series that I didn't finish. It felt sub-standard to me.
PSN ID :- AKITAS_BRAVE
XBOX ID :- AKITAS BRAVE

User Info: dmack316

dmack316
1 week ago#9
Who says it's so hated? You can probably google any video game and find love and hate articles about it.

User Info: evenflow80

evenflow80
1 week ago#10
It was a big improvement over BL2 in a ton of ways. I'm actually replaying it now alongside BL3.

Just replacing Slag with Cryo is enough on it's own to make it a better game. It also had the most fun skill trees in entire series IMO. I mean look at literally any skill tree : most of them had these huge gameplay and visual changes you can immediately see and feel , not just stat upgrades happening in the background. It made you really excited to level up.

Plus UVHM was way more balanced thanks to absence of bee shield and need to use slag all the time.

Low gravity jumping was so much fun. Made it hard to go back to BL2 after.

Its am awesome game. Just too small and completlry lacked anything to do at the end. Even at my Wilhlem level 63 enemies died way too fast to the point where I'd race my drones to kill an enemy before they do. End game content is needed for a challenge
"Yadamblahblahblahbla" - Toadsworth in Super Mario Sunshine.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Why is Pre-Sequel so hated?
  • Post New Message