• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Post-game: what and for what?

User Info: Hiatos

Hiatos
4 weeks ago#1
I will soon face off against the final boss. So far, the game was great, but I'm honestly wondering what my next move will be once Tyreen is defeated.

I'm currently playing as Amara and am at level 45. I have completed the Trials of Survival and Supremacy (though the mission marker for the latter is still there) and one round of Slaughterhouse 3000 (before I goofed and jumped out of the ring). I don't have all of the Eridian script translated either.

What I'd like to know is: what do you get from all of this? Any specific guns, upgrades or achievements?

User Info: dragonmak2

dragonmak2
4 weeks ago#2
You'll unlock Mayham mode and tvhm mode. Then get to 50 and start farming for gear that suits your build
Ready for Borderlands 3

Hiatos
4 weeks ago#3
dragonmak2 posted...
You'll unlock Mayham mode and tvhm mode. Then get to 50 and start farming for gear that suits your build

But do you get anything specific out of the Trials and Slaughterhouse missions?

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
4 weeks ago#4
If you're not into grinding for and collecting loot in general "just because" or to find the "best builds" even if there's no other goal or specific rewards to work for, end-game probably isn't going to thrill you a lot.

So once you've accomplished any quest or gear goals, you wait for DLC or major upgrades to change/add things.

I don't know the answer to your Trials/Slaughterhouse question but surely it's something that would be on the BL3 wiki's at this point.
Nvidia Ansel is fun - https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/
9900k|2080ti-ftw3|32ddr4-3200|970 Pro SSD - Diablo1 runs fantastic

User Info: kingdrake2

kingdrake2
4 weeks ago#5
Hiatos posted...
dragonmak2 posted...

But do you get anything specific out of the Trials and Slaughterhouse missions?

feeling of completion and trophy. but any activity you do in the post-game has a fixed chance minus farming certain mobs.
trials and slaugterhouse not very useful for gear (good for xp though).
The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of **** - Mike Tyson

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
4 weeks ago#6
Beating the game at level 45... That's really high.

If you are here just for a single playthrough, Congrats... this is more of a hobby than a game. So, Figure out what you want to do... New Character, Next playthrough, maybe be a completionist and Find 100% on each planet.

There is plenty to keep most people busy, and I have a good 100+ hours in already, and still find new stuff to try out.

I'm not an expert at this, like I was in BL2, but I had plenty of time, and nothing else to play for a long while.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: jorgeammo

jorgeammo
4 weeks ago#7
Wow you waited a long time to finish the game, I would have done all the side stuff after mayhem becomes available and everything scales. Think I finished the game at around level 37.

I guess finish up remaining activities, start a collectathon, play as a different character, or wait for DLC.
https://psnprofiles.com/jorgeammo

Hiatos
4 weeks ago#8
jorgeammo posted...
Wow you waited a long time to finish the game, I would have done all the side stuff after mayhem becomes available and everything scales. Think I finished the game at around level 37.

I guess finish up remaining activities, start a collectathon, play as a different character, or wait for DLC.

I tend to do side-quests as soon as they show up. That's just how I do things.

Besides, even at level 45, I had trouble at the Slaughterdome. And before that, I died to the boss of the Trial of Supremacy. Maybe that's why the mission marker is still there?

User Info: MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla
4 weeks ago#9
I did exactly what you did and did side quests as I saw them. Beat the game at level 45 myself as well. Then farmed chupacabratch on mayhem 3 offline for the exp and bumped to level 50 in like 20 minutes for the trophy. Then I called it done. I can’t do the grind loop with nothing to use it on. Just isnt my thing. So I finished MW remastered on veteran and am now playing GTAV story again (beat it no 360 year ago) and waiting for MW reboot. Then I’ll play resident evil 7 .

that’s what I recommend is just finishing it up and getting whatever trophies you want and move along.
We live in a world of give and take and not enough men are willing to give what it takes.

User Info: COKindBud

COKindBud
4 weeks ago#10
Start working on your Guardian skilltrees.
It's not the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Post-game: what and for what?
  • Topic Archived