• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Amara: Most Fun Build?

User Info: kant69

kant69
1 month ago#1
I've just started a playthrough with Amara because she seems to be very popular around here.

While some of her skills *look* awesome - like the fist coming out of the ground and taking hold of enemies, or slamming into ground and taking out enemies - they're not that much fun to play (yet).

I'm only level 12 so far, and my question is: what skill trees should I be investing in to have the most fun? I'm not so much talking 'most powerful', but are actually fun to use. The skill where a giant fist takes over the battlefield looks great...but is it fun to use?

thanks

User Info: Tornadofox

Tornadofox
1 month ago#2
Between the 3 trees while leveling Brawl will make you very durable during the story with damage reduction, health regen, and melee damage if you want it. Fist of the elements gives you a decent damage boost to elemental weapons, the ability to ricochet bullets, and lifesteal from elemental damage. It's her best tree because of the healing. Mystical assault gives you reload speed, crit damage, accuracy, gun damage, a cool homing projectile after you kill something that adds the overkill damage to it, and the ability to use your action skill twice.

Amara is far more interesting at high level when you have enough points to mix and match her action skills with different augments and elements. Most combinations are broken and don't work properly though.

Amara is very broken, so gearbox just threw a bunch of damage at her with her itemization like the phasezerker class mod and her anointments that give you ridiculous bonus damage after using phasecast or phaseslam. She isn't too interesting while leveling, but she can do some really insane damage at level 50 with those items that make up for her broken trees.

I'd recommend brawl or fist of the elements to make leveling easier.
Tim: 3153-5498-8004
Safari Pokeymans: Butterfree, Masquerain, Pinsir

User Info: Apocalypso

Apocalypso
1 month ago#3
Amara is only interesting during end game, imo. I like her, and she's the only character I've played so far. I have the most fun with her melee build (brawl), but it's the end game gear that makes it fun for me (dragon relic).

User Info: GameNerdVeggie

GameNerdVeggie
1 month ago#4
Phase Grasp because of the low Cooldown you can get with Items and has great Party Support.

User Info: kant69

kant69
1 month ago#5
If she's not much fun to play...why has so proven so popular?

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
1 month ago#6
Tornadofox posted...
Between the 3 trees while leveling Brawl will make you very durable during the story with damage reduction, health regen, and melee damage if you want it. Fist of the elements gives you a decent damage boost to elemental weapons, the ability to ricochet bullets, and lifesteal from elemental damage. It's her best tree because of the healing. Mystical assault gives you reload speed, crit damage, accuracy, gun damage, a cool homing projectile after you kill something that adds the overkill damage to it, and the ability to use your action skill twice.

Amara is far more interesting at high level when you have enough points to mix and match her action skills with different augments and elements. Most combinations are broken and don't work properly though.

I agree with that. If you don't want a melee focus Amara, first use the tree on the left, for defense. Once you reach high level it will be easier to use only elemental guns and the tree on the right rocks for that.

User Info: Scorex_VII

Scorex_VII
1 month ago#7
kant69 posted...
If she's not much fun to play...why has so proven so popular?

Who said? 2 or 3 randos on the internet?

Its an opinion, for me she was the most fun to level of ALL borderlands game. Zapping at super speed to punch enemies in the face is super fun.

User Info: Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz
4 weeks ago#8
I actually recently started an Amara playthrough having finished the plat with Moze. I really don’t want to use phasegrasp because it is too similar to maya in bl2. But I’ve been finding that phasecast/phaseslam aren’t very impressive. For the most part they won’t kill anything on their own, and with the cast animation I’m not sure they’re good DPS.

It seems like their best use is triggering post-action skill stuff like anointed weapons and rush stacks and stuff....

... Mind you I’m only lvl 17 and I’m not doing any side-quests so I’m 2-3 levels under-levelled constantly.

User Info: dmack316

dmack316
4 weeks ago#9
There is no right answer. Play the toon that appeals to you and pick the skills that look like fun to you. Amara makes good use of elemental guns. If you’re interested in melee then check out the green tree. If you want elemental then check out the orange tree.

User Info: longnuts

longnuts
4 weeks ago#10
Do the brawl tree while leveling, and the slam. She can shoot a beam and hover before slamming once you get more levels. It's the fun thing you're looking for.
Consoles currently hooked up to my tv: xb1x, ps4, switch,NES & SNES classic mini
PSN: LONGNUTTZ XBL: longnutts 0
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Amara: Most Fun Build?
  • Topic Archived