• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Stop Gap or Back Ham?

User Info: muccmasterx

muccmasterx
4 weeks ago#1
I've been using Stop Gap on Amara after using Back Ham with Flak forever and I'm thinking that Back Ham is just much better overall even though it gets lower stats. That 56% reduction from behind seems to be pretty generous, I'd love to see someone actually do some testing.

User Info: Beers

Beers
4 weeks ago#2
Back Ham seems too gimmicky. Usually when I'm trying to kill something, I'm not going to be facing away from it.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: Tornadofox

Tornadofox
4 weeks ago#3
Depends what you are doing and the soft cap and diminishing returns on damage reduction. Amara can get 40% damage reduction with helping hands and 40% reduction to splash damage with arms deal. I doubt a back ham would be providing much damage reduction to your backside with those two skills and the 40% reflect only works while the shield is active. Back ham is more of a Moze shield.

I don't like stop-gap shields. I don't really see a point to damage immunity for 5 seconds after shield break compared to a recharger shield giving you full shield back on break every 20 seconds.

Personally, I use a band of sitorak on Amara paired with "It's piss" grenade to clear status effects. It deals area-knockback on shield break and ragdolls anything near you with the safe space perk. The shield regens before the enemies can even stand back up. I recommend farming a good one during this event.
Tim: 3153-5498-8004
Safari Pokeymans: Butterfree, Masquerain, Pinsir

User Info: Beers

Beers
4 weeks ago#4
Tornadofox posted...
I don't like stop-gap shields. I don't really see a point to damage immunity for 5 seconds after shield break compared to a recharger shield giving you full shield back on break every 20 seconds.

It's useful if your setup gives you a fast recharge, or if you need a quick breather to set up again. As Zane, if I get cheap shotted through my barrier or something it gives me time to reposition, get my action skills back up, heal, etc.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Stop Gap or Back Ham?
  • Topic Archived