• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. So about Maya *SPOILERS*
sonofkorol 2 years ago#1
How did you feel about her death?

SPOILERS. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED AGAIN.

I was really pissed off at first because initially it seemed like just a shock value death. Like it served no purpose and was just an M Night Shamylan plot twist. But it helped pave the way for Ava, it advanced the Calypso plot, it made you f***ing HATE Troy...

Really the only thing I properly hated was that even after Maya died Ava was just a whiny, finger-pointing little cow. Blaming Lilith and s***, like f*** off b****.

I saw a lot of people saying they hated it. That it was garbage writing, and at first glance it seemed that way, but when I stopped to think about it, though it made me really damn sad (sadder than Scooter), I didn't think it was poorly done, apart from Ava being a useless b**** before, during, and after.

How did y'all feel?

PS I haven't beaten the game so please don't discuss anything apart from Maya's death. Pllleeeeaaaase don't spoil anything. <3
The Dream Team (|||I '') [dT] Co-founder of GTA:SA Secret Hunters [[+]]
<3 Ketchup superfan, her New Horizons PR Agent, and IG co-founder! >(^ o) <3
Saiaxs 2 years ago#2
It was unnecessary, poorly written, and a big middle finger to people who mained her in 2.

Her entire point in the plot here was to die, and that’s bulls***

Ava directly caused her death and I’ll never forgive her, or Gearbox for it
ArgoSexyMan 2 years ago#3
Don’t understand why she needed to die. Could have just had Troy take her powers and have the player interrupt before he can kill her.

Anything really except death. Could have had them kidnap her and use her as a generator or something. Keep her contained and just leech small bits of energy off at a time
Baraka Kahn
SgtSkittlesZZ99 2 years ago#4
I think it happened too early, she just barely started being a character by the time she was killed off. Ava actually started off as my favorite kid character and quickly became one of my least favorite characters overall. At first she's just kind of a goofy kid and is nowhere near as annoying as the other kids, then she gets Maya killed and spends most of the rest of the game screaming at people.

Also why is her pet thing in so much of the credits? I didn't even realize it existed until I beat the game and was like "What the hell is that thing?"
dr_burger92 2 years ago#5
I saw it coming the very moment i saw her acting like a goddamn jedi in her intro cutscene, and then saying she took on an apprentice. I'm not that fond of ava because alot of what she says is cringey, not because she caused maya's death. I'd look past all that if she were a more interesting character.

Also maya looked banging in this one. Really a shame she's gone.
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?
ArgoSexyMan 2 years ago#6
SgtSkittlesZZ99 posted...
I think it happened too early, she just barely started being a character by the time she was killed off. Ava actually started off as my favorite kid character and quickly became one of my least favorite characters overall. At first she's just kind of a goofy kid and is nowhere near as annoying as the other kids, then she gets Maya killed and spends most of the rest of the game screaming at people.

Also why is her pet thing in so much of the credits? I didn't even realize it existed until I beat the game and was like "What the hell is that thing?"

It walks around the ship and grows over time too. No one ever mentions it tho. It’s kinda weird.
Baraka Kahn
Saiaxs 2 years ago#7
ArgoSexyMan posted...
SgtSkittlesZZ99 posted...

It walks around the ship and grows over time too. No one ever mentions it tho. It’s kinda weird.

I’m halfway through a second playthrough and have never seen it grow.

It’s not the Grog running around
hyjinx17 2 years ago#8
It was a sad, poorly written attempt at trying to elicit the same response as Handsome Jack killing Roland. You know, forgetting we spent 60% of 2 talking to Roland and Handsome Jack is an infinitely better antagonist than the twins.

It was just like *FFXV spoilers* when they killed Luna off. It was so obviously an attempt at creating another Aerith dies moment, but they forgot the part where we spent like 30 hours with her in our party.
Bayo 3 lives and Sora is in Smash!!!
JustinTheJagged 2 years ago#9
Probably my least favorite part of the game, I already wasn't liking the story very much and it was pretty much the last nail in it's coffin.
This signature is currently under construction, please remain behind the yellow tape.
deadpool_legend 2 years ago#10
JustinTheJagged posted...
Probably my least favorite part of the game, I already wasn't liking the story very much and it was pretty much the last nail in it's coffin.

For me it was Aurelia's death that was the final nail in the coffin. But only because Maya's death pissed me off too.
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool (1996) Issue #3
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. So about Maya *SPOILERS*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A