• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. First loading time

User Info: blackdrago76

blackdrago76
4 weeks ago#1
On my Ps4 Slim the first loading is very long, lasts 1 minute and 40 seconds!.
I wondered if it did it on the Ps4 Pro too.

User Info: adwatts1966

adwatts1966
4 weeks ago#2
Yeah, not sure what that was about but at least it was only the first time. I thought it had crashed right out of the gate!

Now if only that load screen with Claptrap dancing had only been once as well . . . I just check this board while that s*** is going on. LOL.

But this game is AWESOME so I'll forgive them.

Edit: Rereading your post, maybe you are talking about the Claptrap screen? I'm confused now.

My first bootup of the game, there was a huge lag on the opening screens even before Clappie, but not since.
out of the halls of vapor and light, beyond holland and into the hills, I have come to . . .
. . . to wound the autumnal city.

blackdrago76
4 weeks ago#3
adwatts1966 posted...
Yeah, not sure what that was about but at least it was only the first time. I thought it had crashed right out of the gate!

Now if only that load screen with Claptrap dancing had only been once as well . . . I just check this board while that s*** is going on. LOL.

But this game is AWESOME so I'll forgive them

Yeah, it's true! XD
I love it too, but the first loading screen kills me everytime.
I thought it was my ps4 slim.

User Info: adwatts1966

adwatts1966
4 weeks ago#4
blackdrago76 posted...
Yeah, it's true! XD
No, I have base PS4. I guess Clappie just needs to dance. :)
out of the halls of vapor and light, beyond holland and into the hills, I have come to . . .
. . . to wound the autumnal city.

blackdrago76
4 weeks ago#5
adwatts1966 posted...
blackdrago76 posted...
Yeah, it's true! XD
No, I have base PS4. I guess Clappie just needs to dance. :)

Maybe on the pro the first loading time is faster.

User Info: Veliconis

Veliconis
4 weeks ago#6
This game takes forever to get going upon launch. Just being able to skip the damn splash screens would be nice.
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

blackdrago76
4 weeks ago#7
Veliconis posted...
This game takes forever to get going upon launch. Just being able to skip the damn splash screens would be nice.

Yeah bro!!!.
Pro or standard/slim?.

blackdrago76
4 weeks ago#8
No Pro owners? :D

User Info: overphx

overphx
4 weeks ago#9
doesn't matter if it's standard or pro.

You need a SSD.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
4 weeks ago#10
I've got a PS4 Pro with an SSD in it and it still takes quite long for an initial game loading screen. But I'd guess more like 30 seconds at best. 1"40 is really long.

But what makes it really weird is that the older games never had such a loading screen at all. You just had to look at a few companies' logos and then the title screen would pop up. And then it might load for 2 or 3 seconds, but there was nothing like what we have now. Is it the new engine that's causing the long loading times and maybe also the very slow menus? Ultimately it seems like the game has serious issues loading stuff in time, which is why all the menus are so slow. The echo menu but also those of the vending machines and any others. It's not even like there should be much to load but it still takes so long.

overphx posted...
doesn't matter if it's standard or pro.

You need a SSD.

It does matter. If you watch a comparison video you'll find that a PS4 Pro gets better speeds with a standard HDD, while getting barely any improvements with an SSD installed compared to a standard PS4 with an SSD. Even though it's supposed to support SATA3 there seems to be a bottleneck that keeps it form utilizing the full speed of an SSD. While curiously improving the speed of HDDs.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. First loading time
  • Topic Archived