• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. boss balance is poor

User Info: Firestar4500

Firestar4500
4 weeks ago#1
going to assume that all these boss fights where balanced for coop, since they all seem to have huge armor to start, then decent to big hp and/or shields afterwards, and a slew of OHKO attacks

case in point, gravelord vault boss fight, better part of an hour shooting at it, i am going to assume there is a weakpoint i missed, that deals a ton of damage

the ball boss, huge armor, piss shields

the agonizer 9000, tons of OHKO, lots of armor
PSN ID: Firestar2211 Avid Video game player, and book reader

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
4 weeks ago#2
Could be. I haven’t tackled any of them solo yet, but my squad wrecked each and every one of them
The Official Shinnok of the Mortal Kombat 11 boards.
INFIDEL! You are in no position to demand anything!

User Info: Touch

Touch
4 weeks ago#3
Graveward's weakpoints are the yellow glowing holes on his head and chest

I never got OHKO'd but yeah, bosses are really spongy especially if you don't have the corresponding element. Katagawa Ball was annoying af and Warden was so damn annoying since it was literally 30 mins of backing up in a circle and going through 5 health bar replenishes
https://i.imgtc.ws/6bQHG9L.gif

User Info: Kaatisu

Kaatisu
4 weeks ago#4
I suspect there's another bug at work causing the game to load the bosses as through you're playing in 4 player co-op causing the stupid amount of health when solo. But it seem doesn't affect loot drops.

I'm basing this theory on having killed the first vault boss solo before killing him again with a couple friends.

Solo took me, roughly, 20mins to kill him.
In a party of three, I'd say no more than 5 minutes.

Something isn't adding up....
Ba dum tsh!

Firestar4500
4 weeks ago#5
Touch posted...
Graveward's weakpoints are the yellow glowing holes on his head and chest

I never got OHKO'd but yeah, bosses are really spongy especially if you don't have the corresponding element. Katagawa Ball was annoying af and Warden was so damn annoying since it was literally 30 mins of backing up in a circle and going through 5 health bar replenishes

really? wish i knew about that, probably would of saved a lot of time lol and dont get me started on warden, i am thankfull i had fire weapons for him

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 weeks ago#6
For the Gravewarden I believe there are crit spots on both hands, so focus on them whenever its hands are over the platform. It is the tankiest boss though, so you'll be there awhile.

For the Agonizer 9,000 it doesn't rotate very fast for its attacks. So when you see an opening get behind the thing and focus on its 'spine'. If it's using the sweep attack that is a perfect time to get behind it. Duck the clockwise rotation and jump over the counterclockwise.

The 'Ball' boss isn't all that threatening thanks to the terrain in that fight. Just take your strongest weapons and blast it apart.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Firestar4500
4 weeks ago#7
Kaatisu posted...
I suspect there's another bug at work causing the game to load the bosses as through you're playing in 4 player co-op causing the stupid amount of health when solo. But it seem doesn't affect loot drops.

I'm basing this theory on having killed the first vault boss solo before killing him again with a couple friends.

Solo took me, roughly, 20mins to kill him.
In a party of three, I'd say no more than 5 minutes.

Something isn't adding up....

this would honestly NOT surprise me

User Info: Viggs

Viggs
4 weeks ago#8
Git gud
Viggs M.D. PGY-1 :D

User Info: Kaatisu

Kaatisu
4 weeks ago#9
Firestar4500 posted...
this would honestly NOT surprise me

Right? In co-op mode bosses seem to not have enough health and go down super fast, yet when solo you might as well be shooting a cement wall for the amount of good it does.

...then there's the anointed enemies with WAY too much health AND armour. (they wouldn't be so bad if elemental dps actually did more than 20 points a second)
Ba dum tsh!

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 weeks ago#10
Kaatisu posted...
...then there's the anointed enemies with WAY too much health AND armour.

The bad one is the shield type. At any point they can just become Immune to attacks.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. boss balance is poor
  • Topic Archived