• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Literally ALL of my ammo just for a basic fight?

User Info: siarhei

siarhei
2 months ago#41
I hear you man. I'm having the same issue on 2nd planet. I feel like the difficulty jumped up a lot. I'm also playing Flak green tree. When I'm in Fade it's awesome but it runs out so quickly I barely have time to kill 1 enemy whereas before I could do 2 or 3...
That said, if you pick "pet revival skill" in the green tree it should at least prevent you from dying too often.
Other than that, I agree with some posters that you need ammo efficient guns. I go for high damage low rate of fire which helps. Also, which pet are you using? You can equip any pet you like and some of them are more tanky than others. Also make sure your pet has life regen skill so you don't need to revive them as often.

Eventually you will get Fade to have low cooldown and high duration which is super OP.

User Info: RenescoStCewl

RenescoStCewl
2 months ago#42
I had bad luck finding good guns til around your level. I didn't find a legendary until the end of the fourth planet. I would suggest trying to find or buy better weapons. Just one good gun can make a huge difference.

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
2 months ago#43
Also legendaries arent necessarily good so dont worry about em too much. I have like 12 by this point but they're pure novelty and I use purples and blues instead. Only worthwhile one so far was Cloud Kill.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: xXTHELOSTBOYSXx

xXTHELOSTBOYSXx
2 months ago#44
I don’t know if this has been said in this topic yet but if you need to level up and get better guns do the circle of slaughter after I beat it I had leveled up three times and got some good loot at the end of it.

User Info: KaijuKing97

KaijuKing97
2 months ago#45
Go to Marcus on Sanctuary and buy some SDU upgrades. That will give you a lot more ammo reserves.

And yes, you should be like two or three level higher than you are. Did you miss some sidequests on Promethea or Pandora?

If you need cash, a good trick is to sell all the green weapons you find that you don't use. Same deal for blues you aren't using.
If all else fails, there's always the sun.

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
2 months ago#46
metalsnake69 posted...
ByrneHS posted...
I played a little of older Borderlands games but usually ended up stopping for whatever reason fairly early in each of them. In this game I'm level 14 right now and just got to Athenas or whatever the 3rd planet is called. I've done the vast majority of sidequests and gotten most of the dead drop caches so far. I'm doing my best to keep up on having the best weapons I can find, and I've upgraded my ammo capacity multiple times for each of my main gun types. And yet in a basic, normal battle against a bunch of regular trash it requires literally ALL of my ammo on each of my guns just to get through the fight! And then an ammo refill costs like $2,000 which is almost all of my current cash. It's absolutely ridiculous and I must be doing something horribly wrong. Have I gotten terrible luck with weapons or what? I'm playing as Fl4k and have focused on the green skill tree. I have a shotgun Jabber who does work and sometimes I just have to sit around while he kills stuff. It's frustrating and I'm having way less fun than I was for the first ~10 hours I was playing. Anyone have tips?

Are you using 4 diffent ammo-type guns?

Are you using low level weapons?

Are you using cryo guns? (seriously this makes a LOT of difference because they are THAT good !)

also, ammo was kinda an issue before i upgraded the SDU's a bit. hell, even at level 3 it was fine.

also, i'd suggest using at least one weapon with high ammo. using sniper, shotgun, heavy rocket launcher as your three main weapons is clearly gonna have ammo concerns.

better to have a pistol, smg, and assult rifle, and swap around your weapons when they're about at half ammo. even if you're not using them always, better to have one you like on hand for a time.

other elements besides just cryo is good, too, DOT is decent dmg. fire/s usually a safe bet, given how many unshielded flesh enemies are in the game. like, nearly all the wildlife and COV foes.

but yeah, if you've just got weak weapons, they're just gonna be bullet hoses, spitting out lots of rounds to little effect. try not to use weapons that are more than 4 levels weaker than the foes you're fighting, unless it's a really good weapon that's still chewing through them.

also, pay attention to their stats, as well. there's a maliwan variant that's basically a medium range laser/flamethrower, that fires hella fast, but it's also really weak.
https://imgur.com/a/cZzvkKn jrpg is referring to a genre, not the location it was made.
https://imgur.com/a/QjeVqSD me versus sjw/antisjw/censorship stuff

User Info: Lord_Sniper_IV

Lord_Sniper_IV
2 months ago#47
ByrneHS posted...
Either you're lying or you've had outrageous luck in comparison to me. I'm at Athena and have only found 2 legendaries total, and they would only sell for like $300 even if I sold them. The most money I've ever had at once was $10,000 and that got flushed down the toilet real fast with the ammo upgrades. I'm doing the exact opposite of speedrunning the game, if you read the topic you'd see that I've done a large portion of the optional content up until now, including 100% of everything you can possibly do so far on Pandora, and I've never had even remotely close to the amount of money you claim to have had. I fight basically every enemy I come across and loot basically everything that's not gray to sell. Like, again, it just sounds to me like you're lying.

to be honest I could give two s***s whether you “think” I’m lying or not. I’ve gotten two legendaries, one was at level 2 and other was at lv 6. Some Hyperion gun that every time you fire it uses 1$, which I promptly sold. I’ve literally picked up every weapon I’ve come across, regardless of color, and sold it. I’ve done every quest and challenge available at this point in the game, including the optional objectives on the side quests. I kill every enemy I come across, and check every nook and cranny. I fast travel to dump my inventory, and rarely have to purchase ammo (when I do it’s around 300$ at most).Given that the majority of drops are actually white/gray at lower levels, you’re missing out on a crap ton of potential money. Mods at lv 10-11 sell for ~500$ for a gray, and they are dropping left and right for me right now despite not being able to equip any of them. So if you aren’t picking them up you’re doing yourself a disservice. I could stream the game when I get home and show you that my next backpack sdu costs 25k, which should give you some idea of how much money I’ve actually spent, and I purchased one of every other SDU upgrade for 1000$ each. Frankly, I’m not the one struggling through content, you are. I’m also using flak, and up until maybe an hour of the last time I played I was using raks, and the rak tree, with the skag pet. Now I’m using the upgraded spider ant, and I have 11 points in the orange tree.

TLDR: Sounds like you need to get better weapon, change your build, or just get good. Don’t get all pissy when people give you advice in a thread that doesn’t conform to your opinion

www.twitch.tv/thegamertrainer
Variety streamer that plays with viewers!

User Info: ByrneHS

ByrneHS
2 months ago#48
Lord_Sniper_IV posted...
to be honest I could give two s***s whether you “think” I’m lying or not. I’ve gotten two legendaries, one was at level 2 and other was at lv 6. Some Hyperion gun that every time you fire it uses 1$, which I promptly sold. I’ve literally picked up every weapon I’ve come across, regardless of color, and sold it. I’ve done every quest and challenge available at this point in the game, including the optional objectives on the side quests. I kill every enemy I come across, and check every nook and cranny. I fast travel to dump my inventory, and rarely have to purchase ammo (when I do it’s around 300$ at most).Given that the majority of drops are actually white/gray at lower levels, you’re missing out on a crap ton of potential money. Mods at lv 10-11 sell for ~500$ for a gray, and they are dropping left and right for me right now despite not being able to equip any of them. So if you aren’t picking them up you’re doing yourself a disservice. I could stream the game when I get home and show you that my next backpack sdu costs 25k, which should give you some idea of how much money I’ve actually spent, and I purchased one of every other SDU upgrade for 1000$ each. Frankly, I’m not the one struggling through content, you are. I’m also using flak, and up until maybe an hour of the last time I played I was using raks, and the rak tree, with the skag pet. Now I’m using the upgraded spider ant, and I have 11 points in the orange tree.

TLDR: Sounds like you need to get better weapon, change your build, or just get good. Don’t get all pissy when people give you advice in a thread that doesn’t conform to your opinion
None of this is relevant to me. You made claims like "Within.... my first 30 minutes on the second planet I’m back 20,000$ from drops ive sold". That is just straight up not possible, just flat out point blank. $20,000 in 30 minutes on Promethea. Yeah f***ing right. You're exaggerating to flex on forums and its obnoxious. Everyone else has given great advice, what you did was the opposite of giving advice.

User Info: NecroFoul99

NecroFoul99
2 months ago#49
ByrneHS posted...
And yet in a basic, normal battle against a bunch of regular trash it requires literally ALL of my ammo on each of my guns just to get through the fight! And then an ammo refill costs like $2,000 which is almost all of my current cash.

What this really sounds like is that you led with an exaggeration, which everyone...who are also playing this game, experiencing the same stuff...have called you out on.

And now, you're locked in with that exaggeration and are stuck defending it.

If that is what it is...let it go.

My experience...

I clear every map of it's fog of war, chests, challenges and side quests before I move on.

I opened EVERYTHING until my challenges for white/green/blue pickups were complete, then I stared leaving ammo boxes so I could double back if need be.

Doing this has kept me perfectly in pace with the level of the story mission and has made me flush with enough $$$ to have all my SDU's at level 3, except for 5 of them which are level 4.

I've also purchased around 10 cosmetics, picked up 5 legendary weapons and only ran out of ammo once...during my Captain Traunt fight. Thank goodness I had an epic RL in my inventory, because that's what I used to end it.

I'm just a normal player and this games working fine. Everything about it for me...working fine. Dunno what else to say.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/NecroFoul99/games?list_type=1&platform=0

User Info: ByrneHS

ByrneHS
2 months ago#50
NecroFoul99 posted...
What this really sounds like is that you led with an exaggeration, which everyone...who are also playing this game, experiencing the same stuff...have called you out on.
At no point in time have I exaggerated about a single detail, and only one person has tried to “call out” anything and he’s blatantly lying. I came here looking for advice, and every post up to that point gave good advice and nobody was trying to call anyone out for anything lol
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Literally ALL of my ammo just for a basic fight?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers