• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Literally ALL of my ammo just for a basic fight?

User Info: NecroFoul99

NecroFoul99
4 weeks ago#31
ByrneHS posted...
I don't think I've ever even seen a cryo gun,

They don't unlock for a bit for you.

I dunno, man...try different guns. I'm learning that is what the difference usually is from struggling to a much easier victory.

I literally changed my entire playstyle last night because I picked up an epic ballistic assault rifle that melts shields, armor and flesh like they were all the same. And it has a long range scope with high accuracy. I can melt baddass's from across the room now, where before I was slugging it out with my elemental shotgun and relying on my action skill...thinking I had it all figured out.

The skill tree's, of course, promote a playstyle, but so do the weapons...big time. You might have a gun that'll make the difference...or maybe you need to buy it.

BTW: Some of the BEST guns I've had so far are non-elemental. Straight ballistic weapons wreck in 3...not sure if they did in 2, been since launch for me.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/NecroFoul99/games?list_type=1&platform=0

User Info: zoniax

zoniax
4 weeks ago#32
ByrneHS posted...
I played a little of older Borderlands games but usually ended up stopping for whatever reason fairly early in each of them. In this game I'm level 14 right now and just got to Athenas or whatever the 3rd planet is called. I've done the vast majority of sidequests and gotten most of the dead drop caches so far. I'm doing my best to keep up on having the best weapons I can find, and I've upgraded my ammo capacity multiple times for each of my main gun types. And yet in a basic, normal battle against a bunch of regular trash it requires literally ALL of my ammo on each of my guns just to get through the fight! And then an ammo refill costs like $2,000 which is almost all of my current cash. It's absolutely ridiculous and I must be doing something horribly wrong. Have I gotten terrible luck with weapons or what? I'm playing as Fl4k and have focused on the green skill tree. I have a shotgun Jabber who does work and sometimes I just have to sit around while he kills stuff. It's frustrating and I'm having way less fun than I was for the first ~10 hours I was playing. Anyone have tips?

Get gud.

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
4 weeks ago#33
Did you upgrade your weapon ammo capacities?
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: Lord_Sniper_IV

Lord_Sniper_IV
4 weeks ago#34
How is 2000$ almost all of your current cash? As soon as I unlocked sanctuary I had found 2 legendaries, had around 35,000$, was sitting at lv 11 almost lv 12. I did all the side quests on Pandora and the optional content (the stuff that is shown on the map under challenges). I immediately gambled away 33,000$. Within.... my first 30 minutes on the second planet I’m back 20,000$ from drops ive sold. All if my weapons are 2-3levels under my current level and it usually just takes a clip to kill.

It sounds to me like you’re trying to speed run the game by killing s*** and not opening ammo crates and over boxes and s***, which would give you plenty of ammo and cash. You also could have spread yourself thing on your build with points. Hard to tell without more info
www.twitch.tv/thegamertrainer
Variety streamer that plays with viewers!

User Info: ByrneHS

ByrneHS
4 weeks ago#35
Lord_Sniper_IV posted...
How is 2000$ almost all of your current cash? As soon as I unlocked sanctuary I had found 2 legendaries, had around 35,000$, was sitting at lv 11 almost lv 12. I did all the side quests on Pandora and the optional content (the stuff that is shown on the map under challenges). I immediately gambled away 33,000$. Within.... my first 30 minutes on the second planet I’m back 20,000$ from drops ive sold. All if my weapons are 2-3levels under my current level and it usually just takes a clip to kill.

It sounds to me like you’re trying to speed run the game by killing s*** and not opening ammo crates and over boxes and s***, which would give you plenty of ammo and cash. You also could have spread yourself thing on your build with points. Hard to tell without more info
Either you're lying or you've had outrageous luck in comparison to me. I'm at Athena and have only found 2 legendaries total, and they would only sell for like $300 even if I sold them. The most money I've ever had at once was $10,000 and that got flushed down the toilet real fast with the ammo upgrades. I'm doing the exact opposite of speedrunning the game, if you read the topic you'd see that I've done a large portion of the optional content up until now, including 100% of everything you can possibly do so far on Pandora, and I've never had even remotely close to the amount of money you claim to have had. I fight basically every enemy I come across and loot basically everything that's not gray to sell. Like, again, it just sounds to me like you're lying.

User Info: bk201soren

bk201soren
4 weeks ago#36
I have no clue how someone can have that low of damage even assuming they haven't spent a single skill point of theirs. I don't know if it's already been suggested, go for headshots if enemies are tanky? Avoid spray guns and double/triple ammo consuming guns as well. A torque shotgun or jacobs sniper rifle might have good damage and milage for you if you can a find one of either.

Or maybe grab a melee 80% weapon and a roid shield with 80% melee while the shield is down, along with a character build that prioritizes survivablility? At least with the 160% or higher melee build you should one shot melee most of the weak enemies in the group. If not, maybe 2 shot the weak ones.

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
4 weeks ago#37
Do the crew challenges on every map to level as well. They give huge xp.

Also aim for the weak points. Sounds obvious but I see so many people playing like its overwatch and just shooting without aiming.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

Degalon
4 weeks ago#38
NecroFoul99 posted...
ByrneHS posted...
I don't think I've ever even seen a cryo gun,

They don't unlock for a bit for you.

I dunno, man...try different guns. I'm learning that is what the difference usually is from struggling to a much easier victory.

I literally changed my entire playstyle last night because I picked up an epic ballistic assault rifle that melts shields, armor and flesh like they were all the same. And it has a long range scope with high accuracy. I can melt baddass's from across the room now, where before I was slugging it out with my elemental shotgun and relying on my action skill...thinking I had it all figured out.

The skill tree's, of course, promote a playstyle, but so do the weapons...big time. You might have a gun that'll make the difference...or maybe you need to buy it.

BTW: Some of the BEST guns I've had so far are non-elemental. Straight ballistic weapons wreck in 3...not sure if they did in 2, been since launch for me.

Also this. Dont judge by the numbers alone, actually try the guns. They function differently.

User Info: Asheki

Asheki
4 weeks ago#39
Degalon posted...

Also aim for the weak points. Sounds obvious but I see so many people playing like its overwatch and just shooting without aiming.

SHOOT THEM IN THE FAAAAACE, NOT THE KNEE, NOT THE ARM. THE FAAAAAACE.
caps.

There's even a legendary revolver that has infinite ammo as long as you crit people. And its delicious.
-Memento Mori is a latin phrase that can be freely translated as 'remember you are mortal' 'remember you will die'.
-Cogito Ergo Sum, Je pense, donc je suis.

Degalon
4 weeks ago#40
Asheki posted...
Degalon posted...

SHOOT THEM IN THE FAAAAACE, NOT THE KNEE, NOT THE ARM. THE FAAAAAACE.
caps.

There's even a legendary revolver that has infinite ammo as long as you crit people. And its delicious.

Also those big Maliwan guys? Shoot the tanks on their back. They'll explode and instakill them.

And if you see a goliath just pop em in the head and run and let him kill his buddies. Hell get super tough but now it's only one enemy to deal with, if you didnt just leave entirely while he distracted.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Literally ALL of my ammo just for a basic fight?
  • Topic Archived