• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Literally ALL of my ammo just for a basic fight?

User Info: Rock_Howard87

Rock_Howard87
4 weeks ago#21
I'm level 9 and still in the first planet, and so far, bodies are falling left and right, and ammo is not an issue. Might get to Athena today, and hope I don't have the same issue.
Overwatch, JRPGs, fighting games, Rock Howard, Logix Ficsario, booze, friends, family, chicks and cars. Not in that particular order!

User Info: ByrneHS

ByrneHS
4 weeks ago#22
Quan__Cheap posted...
You can do tons of stuff and that quest up to the point where you face him in battle (you’ll know when it’ll happen) and still get earlier mentioned 2-3 levels :)
Okay cool, I'll leave Athenas and give this a try tonight then.

Sounds like I should also be updating my guns. I'll occasionally find a gun that technically has a higher "power level" score or whatever but there are so many aspects to each gun that I'll often not like what I pick up more than what I already have. I'm probably being too stubborn about upgrading my weapons. I really like the "feel" of my assault rifle right now but I should just move on from it since it's clearly become too weak for these fights

ByrneHS
4 weeks ago#23
Rock_Howard87 posted...
I'm level 9 and still in the first planet, and so far, bodies are falling left and right, and ammo is not an issue. Might get to Athena today, and hope I don't have the same issue.
Things were going great for me at that point as well and the game was ridiculously fun. The difficulty of each fight ramps up big time in the next planet

User Info: Rock_Howard87

Rock_Howard87
4 weeks ago#24
ByrneHS posted...
Rock_Howard87 posted...
Things were going great for me at that point as well and the game was ridiculously fun. The difficulty of each fight ramps up big time in the next planet

Damn, man. That sucks. I'll come back later when I reach that point and comment on my experience with the game. I'm playing Moze btw, so I might not have the ammo issues, but we'll see.
Overwatch, JRPGs, fighting games, Rock Howard, Logix Ficsario, booze, friends, family, chicks and cars. Not in that particular order!

User Info: Asheki

Asheki
4 weeks ago#25
Its probably on account of you picking up less then good guns. Which level isn't actually everything about a gun since you can end up finding higher leveled guns that do less dmg then your old ones.

It also depends on the characters you use, but even early on you should have some skills you can spec in that help to deal more dmg.

For example Amara's infusion skill. Its basically a free increase in dmg especially for jacobs weapon. Since you can turn up to 40% of a gun's dmg to your action skill's element... and that dmg gets doubled if you shoot the right thing ( fire on red bars ).

I've had slogs where I felt like enemies were tankier then they should but that was more because I hadn't found any new guns to replace my old ones and perform their function better.

Not all guns are create equal either, some will feel pretty meh and wasteful despite their high dmg ( watch out for ones that use more then one bullet sometimes its not worth it ) and dmg that seems to have a low amount of dmg will outperform mysteriously.

The same goes for legendaries, some might not be worth if for your playstyle, others might just be too gimmicky.

If you need just raw power to carry you to your next favorite gun its a good idea to pick up jakobs since high dmg is what they do... except when they roll with s*** dmg anyway.
-Memento Mori is a latin phrase that can be freely translated as 'remember you are mortal' 'remember you will die'.
-Cogito Ergo Sum, Je pense, donc je suis.

User Info: pjnelson

pjnelson
4 weeks ago#26
ByrneHS posted...
metalsnake69 posted...
Are you using 4 diffent ammo-type guns?

Are you using low level weapons?

Are you using cryo guns? (seriously this makes a LOT of difference because they are THAT good !)
I can only hold three guns at once, and I made sure all three are different ammo types (pistol, rifle, shotgun)

You can hold three equipped, but you can hold more in your backpack.

What I want to know is how efficient your weapons are. If you have a pistol that deals 30 damage per bullet at a rate of 5 rounds per second, and a pistol that deals 15 damage times 10 rounds per second, both are 150 damage per second but one will consume twice as much ammo as the other. Also, some weapons consume two or more bullets per shot, so they're not efficient. I had a pistol that did damage quickly but it had a high fire rate and consumed two bullets per shot so it rapidly depleted my ammo.
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.

ByrneHS
4 weeks ago#27
pjnelson posted...
You can hold three equipped, but you can hold more in your backpack.

What I want to know is how efficient your weapons are. If you have a pistol that deals 30 damage per bullet at a rate of 5 rounds per second, and a pistol that deals 15 damage times 10 rounds per second, both are 150 damage per second but one will consume twice as much ammo as the other. Also, some weapons consume two or more bullets per shot, so they're not efficient. I had a pistol that did damage quickly but it had a high fire rate and consumed two bullets per shot so it rapidly depleted my ammo.
Good points here. I'll admit I haven't really looked that deeply into the specific numbers of each gun I pick up. You get SO MANY weapons that it's hard to really devote that much time to analyzing the numbers, I'd probably get a headache. Seems like it's pretty important though to be more efficient in the game, so I should put more effort into that.

Another question for the room: should I respec my character? I'm not sure what the cost is but I know it's at the quick change stations. I feel like the skill tree I chose is not doing me any favors. I have a ton of health regeneration but maybe I should be focusing more on damage.

User Info: orangefire25

orangefire25
4 weeks ago#28
Mitsumanic posted...
You're low level I imagine. I was level 17 I think at Athenas. Or your guns are bad. It should never take that much ammo for basic fights
Peanut butter ain't gonna go without his Jam.

User Info: tadpinoy

tadpinoy
4 weeks ago#29
ByrneHS posted...
There's only like two sidequests available to me that I haven't done, how am I so underleveled? I heard people got through the game while barely touching sidequests, I don't know how that's even possible. Maybe I should lower the difficulty? That feels bad to do but I don't want this game to turn into a chore because the core gameplay is seriously great.

Soon you'll be able to upgrade how much ammo your guns can hold, just like older BL games. Once you do that it's no longer an issue for the most part.
PSN: DragonKnight2007
"Don't ruin my stories with your logic!" - Richard Castle

User Info: ReinhardtPence

ReinhardtPence
4 weeks ago#30
it's probably gun scaling

I was having the same problem prior to Athenas boss fight so I got some new weapons and beat the area at level 13
zap
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Literally ALL of my ammo just for a basic fight?
  • Topic Archived