• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Literally ALL of my ammo just for a basic fight?

User Info: ByrneHS

ByrneHS
3 weeks ago#11
Quan__Cheap posted...
Level 14 in Atheneas sounds bit under leveled imo.

in previous planet did you do the sidequest to face killavolt? That area is huge and has few other sidequests. You’ll get easily 2-3 levels from that area alone, so you should re-visit Promethea if you missed it! ✌
Killavolt was one of the few things I avoided because I heard from this board that he's extremely hard. I was having a pretty tough time with everything in general as it was so I was scared to face him. Maybe I'll go give it a shot.

User Info: Snickers085

Snickers085
3 weeks ago#12
Pootbird posted...
*Laughs in Moze*

User Info: ACcreep

ACcreep
3 weeks ago#13
I'm on and have some time, want some help man? If we farm some we can get you some lvls/gear
if it ain't broke, stomp it

User Info: ByrneHS

ByrneHS
3 weeks ago#14
ACcreep posted...
I'm on and have some time, want some help man? If we farm some we can get you some lvls/gear
I'm at work right now, this topic was just so I would have some ideas for when I get home later. I appreciate the offer though my dude

User Info: ACcreep

ACcreep
3 weeks ago#15
No problem, psn tag is same as username, I'm usually on in the evenings as well. Hit me up if you're still struggling when ya get on or just wanna gear up a bit
if it ain't broke, stomp it

User Info: Quan__Cheap

Quan__Cheap
3 weeks ago#16
ByrneHS posted...
Killavolt was one of the few things I avoided because I heard from this board that he's extremely hard. I was having a pretty tough time with everything in general as it was so I was scared to face him. Maybe I'll go give it a shot.
You can do tons of stuff and that quest up to the point where you face him in battle (you’ll know when it’ll happen) and still get earlier mentioned 2-3 levels :)
Playing: Borderlands 3 & Darkest Dungeon

User Info: gtarocker

gtarocker
3 weeks ago#17
Mitsumanic posted...
You're low level I imagine. I was level 17 I think at Athenas. Or your guns are bad. It should never take that much ammo for basic fights
I'm lv16 and at the promethia vault fight with 1 sdu for songs

The only fight I joined others on was the katawaga ball fight.

This is the first time I've felt seriously underleveled. And need to go back and gain some
PSN kotabones. You're easier to trigger than Han Solo's blaster

User Info: Xav_Games

Xav_Games
3 weeks ago#18
I have always played a sniper build in every BL game. I even played and replayed BL2 multiple times ... usually still with a sniper build. That's just my playstyle.

So I can say without question that enemies take a LOT more damage to kill in BL3 than in previous games. Properly leveled, it rarely took more than 1 headshot critical (unshielded) to drop a trash mob, or 2-3 non-crits. When it started taking more than that it meant your guns were underleveled.

However in BL3, it takes multiple, multiple headshots to get a kill under the same circumstances. I see the little crit message pop up ... and they are still at 3/4 health. This is with equal-leveled (to enemy) blue weapons (sniper rifles) and similar.

It's gotten so bad that sometimes I just switch to SMG even from range just to burn them down and save sniper ammo.

User Info: Sageypie

Sageypie
3 weeks ago#19
Snickers085 posted...
Pootbird posted...
*Laughs in Moze*

I'll be honest, I was having the same problem as TC, and I was using Moze. My biggest issue was RNG though. Seriously took me until the end of Promethea before I got an assault rifle. The only other decent weapon I had gotten up to that point was that sniper rifle that ricocheted off into multiple bullets. Everything else, except for a few quest rewards, was literally just pistols.

That was the only freaking thing that dropped from level 1 to level 19 from chests and enemies, freaking pistols. Vendors would sell the occasional shotgun, and only shotguns, and they were always of grey rarity with the extremely rare green thrown in, and they were always way below the damage output of the pistols I had, which were also pretty terrible.

It was seriously a night and day difference with Moze after getting the assault rifle finally. Also ended up with an SMG shortly after. Now I feel like I'm actually enjoying the game instead of just slogging through it.

Got to say, TC, it's probably your guns. And it does make a huge difference when you get some decent ones that make fights not total garbage.

User Info: sion4ever

sion4ever
3 weeks ago#20
You're not underleveled. I killed Killavolt at 14 and finished the planet right after. Was 15 in Athenas I believe. And I did all the sidequests.

The issue as far as I can tell is the gun scaling. Every time I get a decent gun, it absolutely wrecks. But they lose effectiveness very quickly. 2 levels is already noticeable. At 4 you may as well pick up any blue rarity gun instead. Even the one before was legendary. If your gun is underleveled it raises your ammo consumption.

Also one thing way more annoying than in BL2 is that the vendor machines for ammo are sparse and require long distance of backtracking. Athenas was bad in this regard. The map after it was even worse. Far worse. I was running on fumes even before the boss.
meh.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Literally ALL of my ammo just for a basic fight?
  • Topic Archived