• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Literally ALL of my ammo just for a basic fight?

User Info: ByrneHS

ByrneHS
4 weeks ago#1
I played a little of older Borderlands games but usually ended up stopping for whatever reason fairly early in each of them. In this game I'm level 14 right now and just got to Athenas or whatever the 3rd planet is called. I've done the vast majority of sidequests and gotten most of the dead drop caches so far. I'm doing my best to keep up on having the best weapons I can find, and I've upgraded my ammo capacity multiple times for each of my main gun types. And yet in a basic, normal battle against a bunch of regular trash it requires literally ALL of my ammo on each of my guns just to get through the fight! And then an ammo refill costs like $2,000 which is almost all of my current cash. It's absolutely ridiculous and I must be doing something horribly wrong. Have I gotten terrible luck with weapons or what? I'm playing as Fl4k and have focused on the green skill tree. I have a shotgun Jabber who does work and sometimes I just have to sit around while he kills stuff. It's frustrating and I'm having way less fun than I was for the first ~10 hours I was playing. Anyone have tips?

User Info: Mitsumanic

Mitsumanic
4 weeks ago#2
You're low level I imagine. I was level 17 I think at Athenas. Or your guns are bad. It should never take that much ammo for basic fights

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
4 weeks ago#3
*Laughs in Moze*
The Official Shinnok of the Mortal Kombat 11 boards.
INFIDEL! You are in no position to demand anything!

User Info: metalsnake69

metalsnake69
4 weeks ago#4
ByrneHS posted...
I played a little of older Borderlands games but usually ended up stopping for whatever reason fairly early in each of them. In this game I'm level 14 right now and just got to Athenas or whatever the 3rd planet is called. I've done the vast majority of sidequests and gotten most of the dead drop caches so far. I'm doing my best to keep up on having the best weapons I can find, and I've upgraded my ammo capacity multiple times for each of my main gun types. And yet in a basic, normal battle against a bunch of regular trash it requires literally ALL of my ammo on each of my guns just to get through the fight! And then an ammo refill costs like $2,000 which is almost all of my current cash. It's absolutely ridiculous and I must be doing something horribly wrong. Have I gotten terrible luck with weapons or what? I'm playing as Fl4k and have focused on the green skill tree. I have a shotgun Jabber who does work and sometimes I just have to sit around while he kills stuff. It's frustrating and I'm having way less fun than I was for the first ~10 hours I was playing. Anyone have tips?

Are you using 4 diffent ammo-type guns?

Are you using low level weapons?

Are you using cryo guns? (seriously this makes a LOT of difference because they are THAT good !)

ByrneHS
4 weeks ago#5
There's only like two sidequests available to me that I haven't done, how am I so underleveled? I heard people got through the game while barely touching sidequests, I don't know how that's even possible. Maybe I should lower the difficulty? That feels bad to do but I don't want this game to turn into a chore because the core gameplay is seriously great.

ByrneHS
4 weeks ago#6
metalsnake69 posted...

Are you using cryo guns? (seriously this makes a LOT of difference because they are THAT good !)
I can only hold three guns at once, and I made sure all three are different ammo types (pistol, rifle, shotgun)

I don't think I've ever even seen a cryo gun, and if I have they didn't catch my eye. I'll keep a lookout for them moving forward. I don't think my guns are THAT low level but they're not as high as they can be that's for sure

metalsnake69
4 weeks ago#7
ByrneHS posted...
There's only like two sidequests available to me that I haven't done, how am I so underleveled? I heard people got through the game while barely touching sidequests, I don't know how that's even possible. Maybe I should lower the difficulty? That feels bad to do but I don't want this game to turn into a chore because the core gameplay is seriously great.

what is your level compared to the enemies?

ByrneHS
4 weeks ago#8
metalsnake69 posted...
what is your level compared to the enemies?
They're pretty much all 15 and I'm 14. There are definitely still a few things I could go do to probably get me up to 15, but I didn't think the game would require doing like 99% of the "optional" objectives just to keep up.

User Info: Quan__Cheap

Quan__Cheap
4 weeks ago#9
Level 14 in Atheneas sounds bit under leveled imo.

in previous planet did you do the sidequest to face killavolt? That area is huge and has few other sidequests. You’ll get easily 2-3 levels from that area alone, so you should re-visit Promethea if you missed it! ✌
Playing: Borderlands 3 & Darkest Dungeon

metalsnake69
4 weeks ago#10
ByrneHS posted...
metalsnake69 posted...

I can only hold three guns at once, and I made sure all three are different ammo types (pistol, rifle, shotgun)

I don't think I've ever even seen a cryo gun, and if I have they didn't catch my eye. I'll keep a lookout for them moving forward. I don't think my guns are THAT low level but they're not as high as they can be that's for sure

I used to run with a few low level legendaries (around 17-20 , i am level 31)

I had to go to other guns because they really fell behind in power, now running with a hyperion cryo SMG, an atlas assoult rifle and 2 others i dont remember

The damage output is way higher that what i had

(for reference, i have 500ish bullets for pistols , 700 for assault en 1000ish for SMG)
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Literally ALL of my ammo just for a basic fight?
  • Topic Archived