• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. stop downplaying the performance issues on console

User Info: metalsnake69

metalsnake69
4 weeks ago#51
Crysiania posted...
It makes me worried just how absolutely blind some people are, if you can't notice the fps drops I don't know what to say....

It worries me how anal people are when the framerate drops a little and cannot enjoy a game anymore. And i dont know what to say but playing solo i have NO framedrops whatsoever

metalsnake69
4 weeks ago#52
dueric posted...
https://youtu.be/Y7IET2C6ks8

Here’s Digital Foundry’s analysis.

They claim the only decent way to play the game right now is on an Xbox One X in resolution mode (30FPS) because it’s the only stable version.

at first glance to their analisys is that the xbox one x version looks a bit 'worse' then the ps4 pro version. Better filters on ps4 that may impact performance a little. So yea framerate may be a bit higher on xbox one x but there is a price !

Completed the clip now... the framerate dip they get when riding in vehicles is just NOT there for me at all. i dont know if their measurement tools cause it or what is up but i just dont have them.

Maybe im just blind and for that i am truly happy, i cant imagine having 20/20 like TC and get annoyed by this !

User Info: ninkills

ninkills
4 weeks ago#53
Ps4 pro, runs almost perfect solo but when I party up with anyone else, 1-3 people it's pretty bad man. Frames down in single digits at times I would wager. No crashes or kicks nothing like that just massive frame drops. Not sure if this has to do with peer to peer or what but it is a thing.
'My dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly
Winston Churchill

User Info: Apollo191

Apollo191
4 weeks ago#54
Oh wow, TC is all knowing. Let us kowtow before his wisdom.

Yeahhhh, no. Sorry TC, haven't had any issues on ps4 besides EXTREMELY slight menu lag and a bug boss ragdoll and nope out of existence team rocket style that I've been farming for eridium. Literally everything else has been perfect so fite me boi.
PSN: ApolloHawke
Xbone: Apollo Hawke

User Info: Choochoojuice1

Choochoojuice1
4 weeks ago#55
Only problem I've had is menu lag, even that isn't that much of a problem for me.

Playing on a release ps4.

Edit: Playing solo, not tried online yet.

User Info: mostcorrupt

mostcorrupt
4 weeks ago#56
Resolution mode on the X was a bit choppy when I tried. Changed it to performance and haven’t had any issues though.

User Info: powerman1426

powerman1426
4 weeks ago#57
Menu lag, sure. Unplayable or not enjoyable? Hardly lol. My friends and I have been having a great time
Troll free https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1439-the-help-desk https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1309-tradesmen-and-diyers
https://i.imgur.com/Zz8E0P3.gifv

User Info: adwatts1966

adwatts1966
4 weeks ago#58
Why the hell would anyone lie?

For me: base PS4, never on-line, and no patches. It will lag when a level first loads but otherwise NO f***ING PROBLEMS AT ALL!
out of the halls of vapor and light, beyond holland and into the hills, I have come to . . .
. . . to wound the autumnal city.

User Info: Zalitogf

Zalitogf
4 weeks ago#59
zerolink posted...
It's bad. I keep seeing people say "having no issues" and "game runs perfect", and these are straight up lies. Why people would lie about performance issues I don't know, maybe it would otherwise make them feel stupid if they admit the purchase they made probably wasn't worth it?

Menu lag makes you not want to even press the menu button, the frame rate doesn't sit at a steady 30fps, split screen is completely broken (only horizontal on widescreen tv's) and there a numerous bugs.

I've got the game (disc version) on both ps4 pro and regular ps4, and they run like crap on both of them. I can't recommend this game to anyone in its current state.

Get your eyes checked if you seriously think this game runs at a steady 30fps.

Split screen brings lag when I open for first time the map/inventory and in mayhem 3 some areas have like a 2 second free to load indeed...

even playing alone i have the lag menu but not all the time...

but besides that not an issue with the game, online or solo, I do recommend the game to everyone, its fun, its an improvement over BL2

Currently I have it digital installed in the internal hardrive, i am not saying that internal instead of external will help, I just mention that i have almost empty the internal to keep the games that I really like to play and the rest in my 4tb hardrive
2 DS, 3DS, Nintendo Switch, PSP, Ps2, Ps4, Playstation VR, Aim Controller VR

metalsnake69
4 weeks ago#60
Zalitogf posted...
zerolink posted...
It's bad. I keep seeing people say "having no issues" and "game runs perfect", and these are straight up lies. Why people would lie about performance issues I don't know, maybe it would otherwise make them feel stupid if they admit the purchase they made probably wasn't worth it?

Menu lag makes you not want to even press the menu button, the frame rate doesn't sit at a steady 30fps, split screen is completely broken (only horizontal on widescreen tv's) and there a numerous bugs.

I've got the game (disc version) on both ps4 pro and regular ps4, and they run like crap on both of them. I can't recommend this game to anyone in its current state.

Get your eyes checked if you seriously think this game runs at a steady 30fps.

Split screen brings lag when I open for first time the map/inventory and in mayhem 3 some areas have like a 2 second free to load indeed...

even playing alone i have the lag menu but not all the time...

but besides that not an issue with the game, online or solo, I do recommend the game to everyone, its fun, its an improvement over BL2

Currently I have it digital installed in the internal hardrive, i am not saying that internal instead of external will help, I just mention that i have almost empty the internal to keep the games that I really like to play and the rest in my 4tb hardrive

There is no difference in digital or disc-based, disc content is completely copied to internal (or external) storage and is NEVER read from disc while playing, it is only used to verify you have bought it
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. stop downplaying the performance issues on console
  • Topic Archived