• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. stop downplaying the performance issues on console

User Info: zerolink

zerolink
3 weeks ago#1
It's bad. I keep seeing people say "having no issues" and "game runs perfect", and these are straight up lies. Why people would lie about performance issues I don't know, maybe it would otherwise make them feel stupid if they admit the purchase they made probably wasn't worth it?

Menu lag makes you not want to even press the menu button, the frame rate doesn't sit at a steady 30fps, split screen is completely broken (only horizontal on widescreen tv's) and there a numerous bugs.

I've got the game (disc version) on both ps4 pro and regular ps4, and they run like crap on both of them. I can't recommend this game to anyone in its current state.

Get your eyes checked if you seriously think this game runs at a steady 30fps.

User Info: Rahjik

Rahjik
3 weeks ago#2
Its hardly unplayable though. Yes, there are issues, but nothing a couple of patches cant fix.
Official Corviknight Squad.

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
3 weeks ago#3
No issues here on the One X, maybe I'm just lucky?
Your ass is grass and I'm gonna mow it. / I'm also going to say this, Hunter Schafer is hot. Fight me. / I want my nipple clamps full of amps.

User Info: zerolink

zerolink
3 weeks ago#4
Rahjik posted...
Its hardly unplayable though. Yes, there are issues, but nothing a couple of patches cant fix.

Sure, it's playable, but not enjoyable. And enjoying the game experience is pretty important, otherwise it becomes a painful chore.

InhumaneRaider posted...

I do believe seeing people with One X's complaining in the last few days. My friend has a regular One and he admitted the performance was worse than he expected.

User Info: Id the Demon

Id the Demon
3 weeks ago#5
Pro here rarely issues usually just when I first load the game menu slowdown that's it
There's no such thing as miracles, only the inevitable and the accidental, and what we do.
PSN ID: idthedemon5353

User Info: Axariel

Axariel
3 weeks ago#6
Runs better than Witcher 3, and it is generally smooth enough. It might run better if you play digital like I am?
What need have I for this? What need have I for that? I am dancing at the feet of my lord. All is bliss. All is bliss.

User Info: Stangy

Stangy
3 weeks ago#7
zerolink posted...
Rahjik posted...

Sure, it's playable, but not enjoyable. And enjoying the game experience is pretty important, otherwise it becomes a painful chore.

InhumaneRaider posted...

I do believe seeing people with One X's complaining in the last few days. My friend has a regular One and he admitted the performance was worse than he expected.

Weird, Im enjoying myself. There are very real performance issues though, I do agree.
PSN: mahfightmoney
http://instagram.com/fknflo

User Info: SilverKyousuke

SilverKyousuke
3 weeks ago#8
I'm playing on an Xbox One S and sure there are times where the frames drop a bit and the menu lag is bad, but it's not bad enough for the game to be unenjoyable. Maybe I'm just used to older games where lag and framerate issues were more commonplace, and thus I have more patience for it, but in any case I'm sure it will be patched soon enough.

Maybe you're up-playing the performance issues, eh?
GT: xXPakkunXx My FC is: SW-7023-1077-3923
I'm not superstitious. I am, a little stitious.

User Info: phantomotap

phantomotap
3 weeks ago#9
Stangy posted...
zerolink posted...
Rahjik posted...

InhumaneRaider posted...

Weird, Im enjoying myself. There are very real performance issues though, I do agree.
3DS-FC(1)::2981-6676-1626[Normal:Dunsparce/Kecleon/Smeargle]

User Info: hereforemnant

hereforemnant
3 weeks ago#10
It's not nearly as bad here when talking about the issues as it was on Anthem, which could shut down your system by way of overheating it very easily, but this game is still crippled by lots of little ant hill issues. It needs to be played up and vocalized so they can get to fixing it ASAP. I don't have Twitter but I have emailed @Gearbox to tell them about lots of these glitches and bugs. I encourage everyone to do the same so they can get started on optimizing. This is a game running on an old-ish engine being released at the near-end of a console's life cycle, it shouldn't have so many problems they had plenty of time to playtest this.
3DS Friend Code: FC: 0318-7199-1150
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. stop downplaying the performance issues on console
  • Topic Archived