• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Great game so far...but the humor is kinda lame

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
4 weeks ago#31
It's as cringey and as stupid as it's ever been. It's the type of humor where I laugh, but I'm laughing at it and not with it.
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: COKindBud

COKindBud
4 weeks ago#32
Lifetime supply of skin pizzas made me LOL.
It's not the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in.

User Info: misty_falls

misty_falls
4 weeks ago#33
Most of the jokes are so juvenile like succ and poop. Really? lol
Tannis is still funny though. I love her sarcasm and sometimes scientific puns. I don't know why some people hate her.
now playing: Genesis Classics Collection (PS4), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux (3DS)

User Info: ninjaman44

ninjaman44
4 weeks ago#34
Funny, since I recall Anthony Burch getting a lot of hate in the past, but now people miss his writing? BL2 was fun, but it was just as juvenile. Remember butt stallion?
http://media.fyre.co/q4hG2ZRSeKzHqZ3YcA8z_1156.gif https://m.imgur.com/zvVydWg
https://imgtc.com/i/vMyzaWv.gif

User Info: nedmo0000

nedmo0000
4 weeks ago#35
ninjaman44 posted...
Funny, since I recall Anthony Burch getting a lot of hate in the past, but now people miss his writing? BL2 was fun, but it was just as juvenile. Remember butt stallion?
what the hell are you smoking?the reception for borderlands 2 was the most highlighted positive aspect of the game read every positive review and you will see it , they hated on him after he went full Sjw in TPS and the reception for the writing in that game was the absolute opposite of borderlands 2 writing

User Info: nedmo0000

nedmo0000
4 weeks ago#36
Maetch posted...
Gearbox has been stomping all over Telltale's work since the Sanctuary DLC.
Really?! How is that? I didnt play the dlc

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
4 weeks ago#37
I dunno. I think it’s about on par with BL2. I never thought BL was hilarious but I did find it entertaining, and that is still the case here
The Official Shinnok of the Mortal Kombat 11 boards.
INFIDEL! You are in no position to demand anything!

User Info: Uncuckable

Uncuckable
4 weeks ago#38
I think it's just as good as Bl2. I really enjoy how cringy and obnoxious the characters are. Always thought that was the charm of this games humor.
PSN: MRDoubleU85

User Info: daveynopenope

daveynopenope
4 weeks ago#39
The humor isn't lame. Your sense of humor is just more mature than it was when you played bL2.

you cannot allow yourself to compare a current event to a nostalgic memory. The memory will win everytime
drink some water

User Info: TheShadowViper

TheShadowViper
4 weeks ago#40
Uncuckable posted...
I think it's just as good as Bl2. I really enjoy how cringy and obnoxious the characters are. Always thought that was the charm of this games humor.

Then you are a fool. Not only does this game have three writers, they are three writers with terrible and/or unproven records.

The humor is base and childish with little added complexity to make that formula anymore interesting. This added complexity is what made Bl2 much, much better in this department.

If you honestly think this game and Bl2 are "about the same", I challenge you to go on youtube and fetch some Bl2 videos and then compare them to Bl3 comedy. If you still believe that, nothing is going to convince you otherwise. But if you try to make a case for that here, with video evidence, prepare to be embarrassed because the difference is quite noticeable.

The humor was written and delivered better (both via sound and images) in Bl2. It isn't close either.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Great game so far...but the humor is kinda lame
  • Topic Archived