• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Great game so far...but the humor is kinda lame

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
3 weeks ago#21
Yuji Kaido posted...
but here it just seems like they put in the first thing that popped into their heads.

How so?
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: soulwolf1

soulwolf1
3 weeks ago#22
Also how they tried to make Katagawa jr act like jack
3DS FC: 4570-8265-6081

User Info: nedmo0000

nedmo0000
3 weeks ago#23
The fact gearbox did not hire telltale games writers who were laid off is f***ing beyond me and a complete asinine move,they did a 100% perfect job building upon the amazing writing of BL 2,with a perfect balance between drama and comedy,but hey let’s not ignore what they f***ing nailed which is the gameplay it’s everything that I wanted and more it’s just a shame that the writing did not improve as much

nedmo0000
3 weeks ago#24
Yuji Kaido posted...
2's writer is desperately needed.
Sadly he went full SJW I really don’t want TPS,3 May not be that good in terms of writing but it’s WAAAAAAAAAY better than TPS

User Info: bk201soren

bk201soren
3 weeks ago#25
"Doctors hate this one simple item... real doctors anyway" and "there goes all the left handed guns". The witch of the swamp and that sorcerer who hated her was pretty funny too. I kinda like the writing, even when things are being more serious. I could do without the angsty teen in the story (or angsty teens in any story really), and a differently voiced claptrap is off putting as well, but I still like it overall.

Granted. I do think BL2's writing is better. The one part where Marcus is haunted by the fact that he accidentally gave a 10$ bill in change, instead of a 1$ bill, when scamming a guy into buying a useless gun for like a million dollars was definitely something. Like Mr.Krabs if he were on capitalism steroids.

User Info: LordTacoshima

LordTacoshima
3 weeks ago#26
I'm not too far into the game yet but I still agree with TC. 2's humor was still a bit strained, but it was still funny. Some of the characters dialogue and personality were memorizable. Not all, and some were annoying as hell. But not like 3. It's quite the opposite. There are a sparse few characters I even like so far. Some of the player characters callouts and personalities are pretty nice. Love Zane and Fl4k. Ellie is ok and Lilith is playing the role of straight man this time around I guess. But Vaughn, as much as I want to like him.. BANDIT LYYYYFE. And the Calypsos. I hate obnoxious Tubers. Ugh. And oh my God the way Tyreen constantly bobs her head while she talks makes me want to punch her in her imaginary throat. I can't stand Lorelei for beans. Seems like she's just supposed to be Janey Springs #2. Heavily fake accent, stupid meme comments, muh coffee.

Borderlands isn't a "serious" shooter, we get it. But not EVERY character has to be.. such a character. I liked Scooter. I miss Scooter. He had a stereotype, dumb redneck, but it didn't solely define who he was as a character. New characters feel like they're given a specific trope and just pushed to the extreme. Instead of being funny they just come off as being horribly bad representation of whatever demographic they're supposed to represent.

That said some people like that kind of humor. Lucky you. I don't. Doesn't make me not want to play the game, but so far I've already have several "ugh, really?" moments.

nedmo0000
3 weeks ago#27
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEkybsx2kB8 why telltale writers should have been hired for this game

User Info: sycoKinesis

sycoKinesis
3 weeks ago#28
bk201soren posted...
"Doctors hate this one simple item... real doctors anyway" and "there goes all the left handed guns". The witch of the swamp and that sorcerer who hated her was pretty funny too. I kinda like the writing, even when things are being more serious. I could do without the angsty teen in the story (or angsty teens in any story really), and a differently voiced claptrap is off putting as well, but I still like it overall.

Granted. I do think BL2's writing is better. The one part where Marcus is haunted by the fact that he accidentally gave a 10$ bill in change, instead of a 1$ bill, when scamming a guy into buying a useless gun for like a million dollars was definitely something. Like Mr.Krabs if he were on capitalism steroids.

Teenage angst sucks in any form. Ava sucks. Serious story spoilers ahead: "Lilith, it's your fault Maya died even though I was the one who disobeyed her and deliberately went against her orders! It's your fault, Firehawk!" Cool...
I don't need a quote

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
3 weeks ago#29
evenflow80 posted...
Like I keep saying: it's what an unhip group of 40 year old THINK the cool young kids think is hip or trendy or funny . Fyi I'm 37 years old , and would never even attempt to use words like "boo" or "fam" or any of that crap, because it will sound fake and disingenuous

A bit older than you and I find the humor to be cringe and just awful..I just tune out the dialogue now and I'm not even paying attention to the story either..I see aliens or robots, I shoot them, gather loot, move on

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
3 weeks ago#30
nedmo0000 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEkybsx2kB8 why telltale writers should have been hired for this game

Gearbox has been stomping all over Telltale's work since the Sanctuary DLC.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 3
  3. Great game so far...but the humor is kinda lame
  • Topic Archived